Senate Candidate Attacked Over World of Warcraft

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Gearhead mk2 said:
Well, there is. Just stop voting in idiots. Keep Obama in for another term or two, he's at least trying to sort stuff out. As far as I can tell, the only reason he hasn't fixed everything allready is because of all the bloody companies and right-wing military types getting in his way.
Except he's doing some stuff right, but definitely not all of it. There's a large number of economists (Who I personally agree with, you may not) who believe that the strategies being pursued by Obama will not fix our issues and will in fact make them worse. Obviously his economists believe the opposite. (There's a bitter rift in economics between classical economists and Keynsian economists)

In order to avoid pushing this any further off topic I will conclude with the following: Both parties have large enough flaws to ensure that there are a large percentage of intelligent people willing to support and help fund each side.

Mortamus

The Talking Dead
May 18, 2012
I think my opinions would be best summarized by MovieBob on these kinds of people and how they view gamers and common behavior for them, and through some jaded belief system, think that how we act in the video game is always a reflection of how we want to be in the real world.

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/partners/game-overthinker/game-overthinker-episode-25-violence-golden

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Falterfire said:
In order to avoid pushing this any further off topic I will conclude with the following: Both parties have large enough flaws to ensure that there are a large percentage of intelligent people willing to support and help fund each side.
Agreed.

TheBelgianGuy

Aug 29, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
No taxes, self employed/sustained and half the races are trying to kill you no matter what?
I think we all know exactly who's fantasy world that is!
I just wanted to tell you, you're awesome.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
The Plunk said:
If you believe in fiscal conservatism, but not social conservatism, why don't you just vote Libertarian? Sure, it may feel like a "wasted vote", but if you're voting for people that don't represent you, then democracy has failed.
Well, that was my point. I have two choices: Vote for a candidate that I only halfway support, or do what amounts to setting my vote on fire and watching it burn. Sure I could take the moral high ground and vote for what I believe in, but an empty symbolic gesture isn't much better than voting for the guy I hate least.

ANYWAYS ON TOPIC:
I personally would be more inclined to vote for a senator obviously part of the game community, but I'm not sure I'd vote for a World of Warcraft player. Yay contradictions!

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Man, this could almost be an Onion piece. Not gonna lie--were she in my list of people to vote for, I'd totally vote for someone who's willing to throw a dick-punch or two to those that need it.

The debate last night could have used a dick-punch or two. Goddam that was awful.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
What is wrong with playing WoW? I say she should own up to it and talk about all the good and cool stuff she does in game. Like her hundreds of fetch quests as charitable work for those unable to act on their own.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
If that is the biggest "dirt" opposition was able to dig up, then Colleen Lachowicz might as well go directly for presidency

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
Gotta say, American politics is a lot erm... more interesting than british. Not really a reason to not vote for her, unless you're one of those "Games r EVILS!" types. In fact, this could actually get my vote.

Captcha: Hello world

Hello captcha.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
So what they're basically trying to say is that anyone who's ever enjoyed playing a video game other than Lemmings should have no future in politics?

God knows what they'd do if a politician was revealed to have Manhunt in their gaming library... or even have a gaming library

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
Colleen Lachowicz is now GUARANTEED to win in Maine. I'd put money on it. Seriously. I will be amazed if she doesn't.

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
What? No bender yet? Must be rectified!

Seriously, this is rich :D Right up there with our politician giving a middle finger to his opponent in live broadcast and saying "I didn't know there was ton of money in those shoe boxes" :D

Zepherus14

Jan 24, 2012
Seriously? Why can't we have an election anywhere where we just stick to the issues and don't have to bring up dirt on the other...

I guess I live in a dream world where someone can't win simply because they actually work for it and have a plan other than 'lets throw money at it, sweep the problems under the carpet, give it gift wrapped to the rest of the world'. *shrug, rides off into space on a flying donut*

I mean come on... it's just getting silly...

At least comedy shows will have more material to use after this little 'stunt'...