Senate Candidate Attacked Over World of Warcraft

Snowblindblitz

Apr 30, 2011
This election is getting sillier everyday. Between the rape comments and now this, how does the republic party get votes? Actually, I don't want to be around the kind of people who aren't turned away by this things (especially the rape comment. Romney, you silly man.)

*edit note*

So many of Fappy's avatar around on everyone but Fappy. Grats on 10k posts.

Mariahsyn

Nov 30, 2010
I could have said something snarky and perhaps a little funny (to me at least) but really aside from supporting the candidate's choice to enjoy a MMO (even if it is a bad one, gw2 and Ehmry Bay forever! lol) I don't have terribly much to say.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Azuaron said:
Wait wait wait... this is Maine. Aren't statements like, "That means I stab things... a lot," basically street (forest?) cred?
No this is America WE HAVE GUNS. This is sad I mean this is the best you can get? So she pays her taxes, has no major/minor investigations, shit scare the old people say video games!

For the love of god at least find an angry ex.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Azuaron said:
Wait wait wait... this is Maine. Aren't statements like, "That means I stab things... a lot," basically street (forest?) cred?
Well, shooting and possibly even stabbing moose and other forest creatures is common, but killing people is usually frowned upon here just like anywhere else.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Gearhead mk2 said:
The second is that press release from the Republican Party of Texas saying they want to take america back to the 50's in terms of gay and non-white rights, that science is just a theory and creationsim is the truth, that it shouldbe illegal for coporations to face any kind of ecological or economical regulations, etc etc. The first is that such a stupid and backwards party is one of the big two in the USA, where anywhere else it would be barely even counted as a party.
We're going to do this? Really? Okay then, here's the simple version:
Obviously the Republican party has support. A LOT of support. Otherwise it wouldn't be one of the big two, as you noted.

If you've been through the country, you'll acknowledge that wherever you go, people are pretty much people: Mostly normal, sane people you wouldn't mind spending an afternoon with. Keeping that in mind, remember that a large percentage of people in certain areas support the Republican party.

You have chosen to instantly dismiss every single person in the Republican party as a idiotic barely functioning simpleton. This means that you are taking the stance that automatically Republican=Stupid. You are instantly dismissing an entire, millions strong (Not hyperbole: See election results) party as ignorant rednecks.

This is undoubtedly a fun result, but I'd like to believe you are aware that most Republicans try to ignore the ones you are talking about. Why yes, those morons DO believe they speak for all of us Republicans. Would you like to wager I can't find a bunch of morons who claim to be Democrats that would make you swear not to know them?

Arguing with the unreasonable people gets you nowhere, and helps neither party. Instead of pointing and mocking the Republicans that even Republicans hate, you're helping perpetuate the endless stereotype war that leads to debates where each side is firmly entrenched in the belief that the other seeks to eat babies and destroy America.

Feel free to respond to this with another specific moron, but at least be aware that doing so is not helpful. Not to your party, not to mine.

CAPTCHA: Worship Nothing

On that note: I am a Republican, and I am an atheist, and I support gay rights. Aren't stereotypes counterproductive?

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Plays Horde, and a proper greenskin and not a belf.

If I lived in Maine she'd get my vote. It'd be amusing if this backfired on the Reps and she got a surge in support from the WoW/gamer vote.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Who's next? People who watch TV and read books? There is nothing wrong with playing a video game and posting on internet forums. What people do in their free time is their business. You can't expect someone to be serious and in a "work, work, work!" mindset 24/7. People need free time to relax and recharge. So what if her choice is WoW?

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
I'd like to laugh but this just pisses me off. Way to be reaching republicans*. Oh no she plays videogames SHE'S NOT FIT TO BE IN THE SENATE. fuck. off.

Edit: Before I get flamed I changed "republicunts" to republicans. I realize they're not all pants on head retarded like the ones who run this slanderous site but god damn does this rustle my jimmies.

edit: just read DPS = deaths per second. Okay that made me laugh haha

DonTsetsi

May 22, 2009
In some countries it's illegal to slander your opponents. There, you must actually advertise yourself, not accuse others.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Falterfire said:
Sorry man, wasn't trying to get into a big debate. And for the record, I'm not even American. I'm British. In fact, I live in Brighton, which is bassically the LGBT capital of Europe. Anyway, while I disagree with basically everything the right wing stands for, I got nothing against a right-wing party running for a position. Competion is good. What I got against the American Republican party is that they're so freaking dumb! If an intelligent right-wing party was as poplar as them, I'd still dislike them because of my views, but I'd at least admire them. Take a look at the English Conservative party: they're bassically doing financial class war. They're like, evil geniuses, and while I hate them for being such assholes, I gotta admit they're pretty cunning. I'm just trying to wrap my head around why so many smart people support a party as stupid as the American Republicans, when their are probably a fair few intelligent right-wing parties out there.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Gearhead mk2 said:
Sorry man, wasn't trying to get into a big debate. And for the record, I'm not even American. I'm British. In fact, I live in Brighton, which is bassically the LGBT capital of Europe. Anyway, while I disagree with basically everything the right wing stands for, I got nothing against a right-wing party running for a position. Competion is good. What I got against the American Republican party is that they're so freaking dumb! If an intelligent right-wing party was as poplar as them, I'd still dislike them because of my views, but I'd at least admire them. Take a look at the English Conservative party: they're bassically doing financial class war. They're like, evil geniuses, and while I hate them for being such assholes, I gotta admit they're pretty cunning. I'm just trying to wrap my head around why so many smart people support a party as stupid as the American Republicans, when their are probably a fair few intelligent right-wing parties out there.
The reason why there are intelligent people who support the Republican party is usually because of a belief in the economic plans and ideals of the Republican party, not really the social aspect. Plus the other issue with two parties is that once a party takes a position, the other party automatically becomes the place for supporters of the opposite position. So even if we'd like to shift focus to economics, the retards who are still 'lulgayzsuck' will attach to the Republican party because the Democratic party supported gay rights first.

Honestly, I'd like to see gay marriage legalized. That's the only way the issue can resolve anyways. But I'd like much more for us to get something resembling a coherent economic plan going, and if that means having to also draw support from people who oppose gay marriage, then that's what I'm going to have to do. (Feel free to criticize my priorities here. As I am not gay, gay rights obviously rank lower on my personal priority list than they could)

That's really the center of the problem with a two party system obviously: I'm stuck in a position where I have to pick a party even though both of them say a number of things I really really don't agree with. The political system is definitely broken, but that doesn't mean all the people are stupid. It just means we're at a point where there's no easy fix to the increasingly terrible quagmire that is American politics.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Yeah that one thing you learn when you get into politics, your opponents will use ANYTHING from your past against you. And if they can't find anything they'll make something up.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
DonTsetsi said:
In some countries it's illegal to slander your opponents. There, you must actually advertise yourself, not accuse others.
Indeed.
I dare say that it is much better that way.

OT:
It's disturbing ho low some politicians are willing to go.
I find it disgusting.

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
In all seriousness we are probably going to be seeing more of this as the years go on.

In our generation we will have an ex-president as head of a guild!

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Falterfire said:
The reason why there are intelligent people who support the Republican party is usually because of a belief in the economic plans and ideals of the Republican party, not really the social aspect. Plus the other issue with two parties is that once a party takes a position, the other party automatically becomes the place for supporters of the opposite position. So even if we'd like to shift focus to economics, the retards who are still 'lulgayzsuck' will attach to the Republican party because the Democratic party supported gay rights first.

Honestly, I'd like to see gay marriage legalized. That's the only way the issue can resolve anyways. But I'd like much more for us to get something resembling a coherent economic plan going, and if that means having to also draw support from people who oppose gay marriage, then that's what I'm going to have to do. (Feel free to criticize my priorities here. As I am not gay, gay rights obviously rank lower on my personal priority list than they could)

That's really the center of the problem with a two party system obviously: I'm stuck in a position where I have to pick a party even though both of them say a number of things I really really don't agree with. The political system is definitely broken, but that doesn't mean all the people are stupid. It just means we're at a point where there's no easy fix to the increasingly terrible quagmire that is American politics.
Well, there is. Just stop voting in idiots. Keep Obama in for another term or two, he's at least trying to sort stuff out. As far as I can tell, the only reason he hasn't fixed everything allready is because of all the bloody companies and right-wing military types getting in his way.