Senate Candidate Attacked Over World of Warcraft

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
Falterfire said:
Gearhead mk2 said:
The second is that press release from the Republican Party of Texas saying they want to take america back to the 50's in terms of gay and non-white rights, that science is just a theory and creationsim is the truth, that it shouldbe illegal for coporations to face any kind of ecological or economical regulations, etc etc. The first is that such a stupid and backwards party is one of the big two in the USA, where anywhere else it would be barely even counted as a party.
We're going to do this? Really? Okay then, here's the simple version:
Obviously the Republican party has support. A LOT of support. Otherwise it wouldn't be one of the big two, as you noted.

If you've been through the country, you'll acknowledge that wherever you go, people are pretty much people: Mostly normal, sane people you wouldn't mind spending an afternoon with. Keeping that in mind, remember that a large percentage of people in certain areas support the Republican party.

You have chosen to instantly dismiss every single person in the Republican party as a idiotic barely functioning simpleton. This means that you are taking the stance that automatically Republican=Stupid. You are instantly dismissing an entire, millions strong (Not hyperbole: See election results) party as ignorant rednecks.

This is undoubtedly a fun result, but I'd like to believe you are aware that most Republicans try to ignore the ones you are talking about. Why yes, those morons DO believe they speak for all of us Republicans. Would you like to wager I can't find a bunch of morons who claim to be Democrats that would make you swear not to know them?

Arguing with the unreasonable people gets you nowhere, and helps neither party. Instead of pointing and mocking the Republicans that even Republicans hate, you're helping perpetuate the endless stereotype war that leads to debates where each side is firmly entrenched in the belief that the other seeks to eat babies and destroy America.

Feel free to respond to this with another specific moron, but at least be aware that doing so is not helpful. Not to your party, not to mine.

CAPTCHA: Worship Nothing

On that note: I am a Republican, and I am an atheist, and I support gay rights. Aren't stereotypes counterproductive?
Best. Post. In. Thread.

OT: Is everyone starting too see that the Internet is not your secrete friend that you can tell random BS too? Is everyone starting too wonder if Facebooking your-drunken-night out 20 years ago might come up as a scandal in the 2032 election for the Space Presidency? "Do you want this person greeting the Martian Ambassador (your pic vomiting into the toilet)?"

Many of Y'all still have this antiquated notion that the Internet is not the real-world. That what you say and do will stay here. This story is not the best example, she is playing a game, of-course Rouge like too stab thing, we all need a good Mr. Pointy now-an-then.

But when we start too talk about the threats, racial/homophobic slurs, idolizing violence, rape jokes, ect. and then you are surprised that Law Enforcement took the threats seriously and come knocking down your door in full riot-gear. That is the near future people, the Internet will have no more Anonymity then the local coffee house, and that is a good thing. Especially in America where we are free to say what we believe and practice any religion we want.

I welcome, and pray, for that day when people will start too learn some manners again and grow-up on the Internets. We do not need too agree, most of the time, I engage in healthy debate so that I can better understand my own views and believes.

Dascuro

Jan 26, 2012
This whole thing makes me wonder, why having so much time and resources spent on trying to tail-out the private life of a senator? on a video game no less. Keeping in mind that WoW is very addictive, this Senator seems to be doing well on her profesional live on the charge that she is able to indulge herself into WoW is something very comendable.

Not just that, the Republicans seems to be working more in her favor, lets put it like this: If they need to go back to a history of 4 years old videogames message boards in order to dig out something that may be "bad" for this Senator, again speaks volumes of how good she might be on the position she is entitled to, also knowing the Republican party's practices of they cant find nothing else, professionally speaking, then they are just waisting their time and voters time as well, by pulling out this kind of propaganda.

Disclaimer: Im not from the USA, know of the Republican practices due US legal voters personal experiences and media, used to play WoW from 2006-2011 and I got a Masters degree on Political and Law practices.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Lunar Templar said:
i find it more troubling she likes WoW then that she enjoys gaming, so many better MMOs out there ....
On the plus side, she's using the internet. That put her ahead of 80% of politicians.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Lunar Templar said:
i find it more troubling she likes WoW then that she enjoys gaming, so many better MMOs out there ....
On the plus side, she's using the internet. That put her ahead of 80% of politicians.
and she's a gamer, one with poor taste imo, but still, a politician gamer is rare, but a good thing imo cause i think there like, only one other i recall hearing about i while back ....

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
This is what we're doing now? Questioning whether or not somebody is fit to be a State Senator because they enjoy video games? I really have no words.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Wow, "DPS[deaths per second]" Some one is trying too hard.

Kingpopadopalus

May 1, 2011
Gearhead mk2 said:
Falterfire said:
The reason why there are intelligent people who support the Republican party is usually because of a belief in the economic plans and ideals of the Republican party, not really the social aspect. Plus the other issue with two parties is that once a party takes a position, the other party automatically becomes the place for supporters of the opposite position. So even if we'd like to shift focus to economics, the retards who are still 'lulgayzsuck' will attach to the Republican party because the Democratic party supported gay rights first.

Honestly, I'd like to see gay marriage legalized. That's the only way the issue can resolve anyways. But I'd like much more for us to get something resembling a coherent economic plan going, and if that means having to also draw support from people who oppose gay marriage, then that's what I'm going to have to do. (Feel free to criticize my priorities here. As I am not gay, gay rights obviously rank lower on my personal priority list than they could)

That's really the center of the problem with a two party system obviously: I'm stuck in a position where I have to pick a party even though both of them say a number of things I really really don't agree with. The political system is definitely broken, but that doesn't mean all the people are stupid. It just means we're at a point where there's no easy fix to the increasingly terrible quagmire that is American politics.
Well, there is. Just stop voting in idiots. Keep Obama in for another term or two, he's at least trying to sort stuff out. As far as I can tell, the only reason he hasn't fixed everything allready is because of all the bloody companies and right-wing military types getting in his way.
No offense to you or anything you support but he had 2 years of a democratic senate and a democratic house. There is no reason he could not pass what he wanted to besides the fact that even democrats disagreed with what he was about to do. Especially the "stimulus" plan that actually worsened the economy than what was projected without it. I mean, it's great he killed Osama with what he called "Cheney's private assassination squad" (according to a chain e-mail, that's about all I can find on it). He's done a lot, but a lot of good, that's for the people to decide and I personally disagree with his economic plan. I just don't agree with tripling the deficit withing the first year of your presidency with a stimulus bill that didn't work.

I am a fiscal conservative but yet I'm a social liberal, I believe that gays should have a right to marry like everyone else but I also believe that there is such a thing as the "deserving poor".

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
really that's all they got? that is just pathetic
"Deaths per second"... so instead of doing one minute search on google they made up there own acronym. that is just lazy and stupid

for the people who are saying they will vote for her just because she plays video games; you are almost at the same level of intelligence as the person who came up with "death per second"

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
Are politics in America that petty?
SHE PLAYS AN ONLINE GAME!

Yeah so what? How many other American politicians play games for fun?
"The Republicans: It's still 1950"

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Yeah, it's sad that this may very well lose her a few votes.

But... she may have also gained a few gamer votes. Who can say?

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
If i were living in the district i would be more likely to vote for her, cause she would be someone who actually understands the internet, gaming culture, and the modern world. Not like those people who were going to vote on SOPA, and had no godamn clue about anything related to it.

Andrew Drake

Mar 30, 2011
This will backfire horribly. The kind of people who would actually CARE about a politician being a Gamer are either already going to vote republican, or they are GAMERS. Not to mention the people who would actually care and believe that being a gamer is a negative aren't the kind of people who frequent this little thing we call the INTERNET.

Honestly Republicans... you have a few good ideas. Why not just push those and try to get the public to focus that and ignore your flaws. We are just mindless sheep for the most part after all. IT WOULD NOT BE HARD TO PULL OFF!!! Just. Do. Something. Halfway. Intelligent. and. Earn. Some. Respect. From. Me.

*Insert mindless ranting here*

On a side note, a lot of gamers tend to lean Democrat anyway so... yeah. There is a good chance that there won't be any change from this in terms of voting.

Can we please get a Third option though, we have two crap parties in this country and they are the only real option. Perhaps we could dissolve the existing ones and wait for new ones to fill their place and wait for it to turn into two big ones and start this whole thing over again.

beniki

May 28, 2009
So... they try to say that playing an online game makes you unfit for politics.

And then put such news on a website. With WoW tags. Where anyone who does play the game can find it. And the target audience of people who don't play it would not think to even look.

Well done guys.

spacecowboy86

Jan 7, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
Dammit, they didn't even get DPS right.
Fuckin' hell this is tragic.
Lol, popped into the comments to make sure other people noticed. I mean seriously, if you're gonna rip someone's campaign apart by showing the public their skill and discussion on a game filled with development decisions and statistics, at least learn what the acronyms really stand for. XD