Senate Candidate Attacked Over World of Warcraft

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
Huh, a Senate Candidate who plays an incredibly popular game, which, in my rose-tinted optimistic happy-place world means that she might actually be more in touch with those she's representing than any other candidate I've seen.

Were I American, she'd have won my vote.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Yes because healthy people never let off steam or relax and instead let there emotions boil over until they go on a murderous rampage... and stab people to death... wait...

Attacking someone for there past time is just about the dumbest thing ever. You might as well say playing golf means you can't run for office because its too much of a distraction. If you could show that she herself plays too much, you could have a point but just saying 'you play a game!' is just about as dumb as it gets. I can only imagine a bunch of 60 and 70 year old guys who don't understand games came up with this idea but at the same time they need the maturity of an 8 year old to think this is a good attack. Confusing that.

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
The central question of WoWgate is who thinks DPS atnds for Deaths Per Second? If that's actually part of a quote by Colleen Lachowicz, then she's clearly unfit for office. If that's something the people attacking her added, they just solidified the view of most people that they're totally clueless.

Mr. Chalk, you must get to the bottom of this for us.

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
Gearhead mk2 said:
...this is the third most stupid and disturbing thing I've seen out of the republican party.
Seriously?

Starting insanely expensive wars around the world? Blaming 9/11 on liberals? Anti-gay rampages? Bases on the Moon? Dogs tied to car roofs? Mocking the poor?

And this is what you find the most stupid and disturbing?

jamesbrown

Apr 18, 2011
POLITICS!

Really this is an non-issue, so from now on I will put things I do in games on this forum in case I run for office

- I really enjoy slaughtering those black heartless creatures with a Key (Kingdom Hearts)

Animyr

Jan 11, 2011
Just wait. In thirty years all major politicians will be required by the nature of society to have gamertags, just like all politicians today have to make a pretense of going to church.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
I don't get it. Is there a special clause in the republican party doctrine that requires their members to look as foolish and out of touch as possible? I mean, they must have some good policies or something, they are an electable force afterall. But all I seem to hear about is baffling ridiculousness (though, as a British person who doesn't really follow American politics, I'm not gonna see the serious political articles). They really don't help the whole 'Americans are dumb' stereotype. I just don't understand how a serious political body can come off as so comical.

Julien Brightside

Oct 7, 2010
I can almost imagine Lord Baffledton:

"Gasp! A woman that is a politician! and she plays videogames in her spare time! And even more, she uses coarse language while playing said game! Surely she can never be allowed to be in charge of anything."

If this is the worst dirt they found on her, she`s pretty much a saint.

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. It reeks of desperation, tho.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
She plays an Orc...female? ...LIES! I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE PLAY ORC FEMALE!

(lol but seriously, no)

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
I would vote for her and on my ballet next to her name I would write FOR THE HORDE! Good thing she doesn't play Alliance. she would have lost my vote; that alone would be proof that she is horrible at making good decisions.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
She should of done the republican favorite past time of strippers bondage and some blind gay sex, not that nerd shit!

Sep 8, 2008
looking at the things she's said... do you think i could move do maine and push the paperwork through fast enough to vote for her? she seems mild reasonable sane sociable and not an egotistical fuckhead (which raises questions as to why shes going into politics), but otherwise i want to vote for this lady.

Celi

Jun 23, 2012
Hitchmeister said:
The central question of WoWgate is who thinks DPS atnds for Deaths Per Second? If that's actually part of a quote by Colleen Lachowicz, then she's clearly unfit for office. If that's something the people attacking her added, they just solidified the view of most people that they're totally clueless.

Mr. Chalk, you must get to the bottom of this for us.
The latter. Colleen's World has a bunch of her posts as originally posted, and its version of that didn't have the bracketed part. Which, if anything, only serves to suggest that they actually are this clueless and aren't just trying to get one over on old people and technophobes.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
You have two politicians; a stuffy rich businessman who can't express emotions or sympathize with the poor, & a grown woman who knows how to have fun in the digital world. Do you vote for the robot or the human?

Republican party actually thinks that exposing how normal & down to earth the opponent is will make them NOT vote for her? It's like asking elementary school kids to chose between one substitute teacher that hates candy & another that brings a bag of it.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
So she played WoW, so what?

This is why I hate politics, it's stupid arbitrary shit like this that just makes me want to bother all of them up and shoot them into the sun.
I think it's that the Republican party sees video gaming as shameful, don't realize how common & normal it is, & fail to see how making Colleen look fun & down to earth will only backfire in their faces, because it takes a stab at absolutely anyone who plays RPGs & shooters.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
Looked at her profile I don't think she plays that much as she is still level 85 and her item is woefully low (345), plus her activity log has been updated in almost a month. She is probably pretty causal which means on one needs to worry about her putting work over gaming. All in all this website does nothing to prove that she is unfit for office. Maybe she should watch what she puts on the Internet from now on but that is advice everyone should follow.

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
One way get support for opponents, but it be well known that gamers don't actually VOTE.