Senate Candidate Attacked Over World of Warcraft

Soak

Sep 21, 2010
This obviously proves, that games like WoW only produce violent and/or lazy citizens and would never possibly encourage to test or practice social behaviour and skills, for example through simulating a rather complex world with different cultures, parties to site with or fight against, or an implemented guild-system, which simulates dynamic social grouping, including the posibility of different forms of gouvernment/leadership of those guilds and how basic to complex party-issues might work, not to mention, that her guild had a "social-ist" structure.
Also, condemn her for having a modern hobby, she should go into the wild and shoot at real animals, with real guns, like George W.Bush did, that's way more American and way less barbaric than "killing" and competing with NPCs or other players within a digital world ... i guess.
Maybe, she's also a vegetarian. Everybody knows, those are some horrible kind of "subhumans"!

Mitt Romney Style for President!

Unfortunately, i'm not American but only allowed to vote for German parties and politicians (or not), who than abandon what they stand for ;)

Ahh, yes, politics...

frizzlebyte

Oct 20, 2008
This actually makes me like her a lot more. I don't live in Maine (Texas, actually. Sad, I know. [http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/27/texas-republican-party-2012-platform-education_n_1632097.html]), but it's refreshing to know that there is a politician out there who actually *is* just like me.

TheRocketeer

Intolerable Bore
Dec 24, 2009
I've got to go ahead and voice my disapproval as well, I can't really see someone in politics spending time on World of Warcraft.

I mean, doesn't she know Guild Wars 2 is out? *badum-TISH!*

But seriously, find me a candidate for an executive position that's also an elite EVE Online player and I will vote for them as hard as I've ever voted before.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
I'm conservative and I think this is stupid. On of the big things about conservatism is more freedom and keeping private lives private.

More and more I've been thinking that the Republican party isn't conservative. The Democratic party is uber left and the Republican party is left. The only true right wing is left out in the cold without a proper party that can win.

Soak

Sep 21, 2010
TheRocketeer said:
But seriously, find me a candidate for an executive position that's also an elite EVE Online player and I will vote for them as hard as I've ever voted before.
Better not, all EVE-players are pro-piracy, noone wants that! ;)

MPerce

May 29, 2011
Honestly, I'm surprised that the Republicans haven't tried something like this sooner.

It's just so frustrating. I believe in many "conservative" values, like small government and individual freedoms. Problem is, the GOP isn't even about that anymore. They're just going on insane witch hunts, be it about games, gays, Muslims, whatever. It's ridiculous.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
it is a valid concern if she only plays WOW and not actually do her job, but she does her job

darthmocha

Mar 28, 2011
Just the fact that she plays Horde is in instant vote from me. The fact that she plays a female Orc means I would campaign for this woman if I lived in Maine.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
They can't have it both ways. They condemn her for living in a fantasy world and then condemn her for being "violent". I thought the whole point of a fantasy world is that there is no violence.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
This would be 6 degrees of funny if it wasn't so damn sad and pathetic on the part of the Republicans // Leave our beloved Warcraft along, it's got enough problems

-M

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Gearhead mk2 said:
...this is the third most stupid and disturbing thing I've seen out of the republican party.
Dare I ask...what's one and two? I assume one of them is 'George Bush', but I'm not American, so don't always hear about their stupidity.

Evil Raccoon

Ever vigilant
Oct 6, 2009
What, no speechless Nathan Fillion gif in this thread yet, I'm disappointed Escapist.

OT:
this is why America can't have nice things.

Groenteman

Mar 30, 2011
Am I glad I dont live in America, is what I would say, if it wernt headed in the same direction where I live. Which is real damn funny, with that trend having been started under the pretext of 'making politics exiting again'.

Theres nothing im less interesting in than tabloid scandal drivel.

Captcha: carpe diem. It may have a point.

Nantucket_v1legacy

acting on my best behaviour
Mar 6, 2012
Seriously?
This is quite funny really because when I joined a political party I was surprised how nerdy they all were. The first meeting had a Star Trek reference! So WHO ARE American politicians?