SEQUELS THAT WERE BETTER THAN THE ORIGINALS

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
I preferred 'Back to the Future II' over I.

Funnily enough, despite being almost as dark in comparison to it's very lighthearted parent movie, I didn't enjoy 'Temple of Doom' as much as 'Raiders'.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
cccCCAPSLOCK!!

OT: I liked Just Cause 2 and Assassins Creed 2 (what I've played of it) better than the originals. Not sure about Fallout: New Vegas being better than Fallout 3, but so far Fallout 3 is my favourite of the series. Can't tell you about Mass Effect 2 since I have only played the first one.

Also, I might get a slap for this but...

I liked Halo: ODST much more than all the others!

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Pararaptor said:
PaulH said:
Funnily enough, despite being almost as dark in comparison to it's very lighthearted parent movie, I didn't enjoy 'Temple of Doom' as much as 'Raiders'.
You are extremely not alone in that.
That's .... good to know? Kinda funny because Doom was done before he met Irving, whilsy BTTF2 was in production during the last months of his horrible tranwreck of a marriage if I remember correctly.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Dead Rising 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Lost Planet 2
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario Bros 3
Assassins Creed 2
Pokemon Soul Silver.

Agent Poole

Jan 16, 2011
Pararaptor said:
Agent Poole said:
OMFG you actually mentioned that sham of a film series! i have never ever known a game to film series to be superior but i loved the resident evil games (until that sham of an excuse for a fifth game) and when these awful pieces of dribble formed from a prostitues herpes ridden mouth hit our screen i was ashamed.....

yet i still watched them all even though i couldnt stand the first one!

btw: anyone that hasnt seen Resident Evil: Afterlife heed my warning...DONT PLEASE MY FUCKING GOD DONT ITS TERRIBLE, AWFUL ACTING, AWFUL SCRIPT Paul Anderson really needs to stop making films
Chile, you better not be bad-mouthing Jovovich there...

I thought they were lovely films though. They weren't exact copies of the games, & while maybe the plot wasn't exactly stellar the action was nice.

Indeed though, Afterlife gave me internal bleeding.
The only thing that i actually ever liked about those films is the fact that i can say Alice, Alice who the fuck is Alice har har har
Jovovich is an apalling actress and should stick to modelling

Agent Poole

Jan 16, 2011
PaulH said:
I preferred 'Back to the Future II' over I.

Temple of dooms actually a prequal though so i rekon we can let Indy off with that one

Quotes: "Lady only here cos she humping director"

Verkula

Oct 3, 2010
I always liked Gremlins 2 more then 1, even though i know the first one is proably the better movie.

Also:
Crash Bandicoot 2
WarCraft 2
MegaMan 2
Street Fighter 2

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
You didn't need to put that one in caps-lock, there are plenty sequels better than the original, when it comes to games.

As for movies I reckon Dark Knight, Robo Cop 2 and X-men 2.

However, for games theres:

SSB Melee
Diablo 2
Half-Life 2
Carmaggedon 2
Silent Hill 2
Super Metroid
Super Mario Brothers 3
Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Warcraft 2
Warcraft 3
Lineage 2
Lylat Wars
And theres a shit load of others I can't remember.

Agent Poole

Jan 16, 2011
Pararaptor said:
Agent Poole said:
The only thing that i actually ever liked about those films is the fact that i can say Alice, Alice who the fuck is Alice har har har
Jovovich is an apalling actress and should stick to modelling
How in the hell is she appalling?
Hmmmmm well the only thing more wooden than her acting is a shed

Agent Poole

Jan 16, 2011
Pararaptor said:
Agent Poole said:
Blitzwarp said:
...Um, Crispin Glover didn't sue them over using his footage because he believed the film was better than the first one, he sued because he didn't get paid for it.

As for me, I found Madagascar Escape 2 Africa better than Madagascar. There was more plot and lulz.
erm where in my post does it say that?
It's implied. You listed off reasons why you liked BttF 2 better than the first then mentioned how Glover tried to sue them without a break in-between.
the fact he sued did make it more enjoyable to me to see how pathetic people really can be

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Terminator 2 (I know its been said but its true) and Matrix Reloaded.[footnote]I seriously believe this. Quote me and flame me, I don't care.[/footnote]

[sub]Also a thread that has all caps for a title makes me a little nervous about the possibilities of flame wars...[/sub]