Sequels to games that deserve them.

southparkdudez

Feb 7, 2010
Yes we all wish our favorite games had a sequel but I'm here to ask what games deserve them. They need to have character development, great gameplay, great story, and so on. I think Bully deserves a sequel. Now I'm only asking for games that have no sequels already.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Jet Force Gemini. It was one of my favorite games on the N64. Due to it's poor sales, it was never considered for a sequel, something that will go down as a dark mark in human history.

Lygus

Apr 7, 2013
Freedom Fighters. One of the most innovative titles at its time. Great gameplay mechanics (team management, scavenging etc.), good graphics, excellent OST, amazing storyline and strong storytelling. It was a gem.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Lygus said:
Freedom Fighters. One of the most innovative titles at its time. Great gameplay mechanics (team management, scavenging etc.), good graphics, excellent OST, amazing storyline and strong storytelling. It was a gem.
Plus, it had the U.S. being successfully invaded by Russia! Don't get to see the U.S. get invaded very often and actually lose!

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
Advent Rising really deserves having its trilogy finished, I mean the whole concept of humans being treated as gods by aliens is pretty darn cool and the game ended on a very promising note.

SSJBlastoise

Dec 20, 2012
My answer for this is the same as every other time it comes up: Conker's Bad Fur Day.

I'm not sure how one would work exactly seeing as the story wasn't open ended but man do I want to experience more of the awesomeness that was Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Space Marine. It had a fantastic base-game with fighting that flowed really damn well between melee and ranged combat and I think it deserves another shot. New enemies, longer campaign, new weapons and just more in general! Relic Entertainment somehow pulled it off and I hope SEGA gives them another chance in the future.

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
Evil Genius 2 needs to finally be made.

KoTOR series should have a real sequel and SWTOR should be forgotten.

Alpha Protocol should get a sequel.

Star Wars Jedi Knight 3. (Yes, Yes some people view Academy as 3, but I want a new one regardless of the number).

... a few weeks ago I would have said Mirrors Edge and SW Battlefront, but we are in luck here ... well provided EA don't fuck up.

TorchofThanatos

Dec 6, 2010
Castlevania: Curse od Darkness
great game, fun gameplay, you get to use poke'mon
Story wasn't great but it is a Castlevania game so no surprise there and it was in 3D.
That game is the reason my original xbox is still hooked up to my TV

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Angelous Wang said:

Star Wars Jedi Knight 3. (Yes, Yes some people view Academy as 3, but I want a new one regardless of the number).

... a few weeks ago I would have said Mirrors Edge and SW Battlefront, but we are in luck here ... well provided EA don't fuck up.
So much star wars talk and no Republic Commando? For shame.

OT: I guess I would like to see that Prey sequel come out eventually

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Angelous Wang said:
Hello new friend. :)

Also, I want a sequel to Friday the 13th from the NES. Only in this one I get to be Jason. And there's a stealth mechanic where I get to stalk naughty teens until they eventually start smoking pot or getting their privates into one another and then I can leap from the shadows with a combine thresher in my undead hands and drop it on them.

This will have to be the shortest game ever though since Jason can't live past 90 minutes. :p

IrateDonnie

Apr 1, 2010
I would love to see a current generation Oddworld game. Strangers Wrath was amazing with the limited tech they had at the time. I heard a rumor that the company that redid the Strangers Wrath HD might be working on "The Ballad of Fangus Klot" which I really hope is true.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System ended with a huge cliffhanger, only for Swingin' Ape Studios to then be purchased by the corporate blob that is Blizzard. It was the only game they made under that company name.

If any game deserved a sequel, it's that one. That game was awesome.

Bonk4licious

Jul 5, 2013
josemlopes said:
Angelous Wang said:

So much star wars talk and no Republic Commando? For shame.

OT: I guess I would like to see that Prey sequel come out eventually
I would buy the Republic Commando sequel as soon as it became available, provided it doesn't have like killstreaks in the multiplayer or something, because if there's one thing my teenage memories of that shooter need, it's calling an airstrike on what could have been a very fun battle. And if Bioware could make more KotOR with new stories I'd go absolutely mad with RPG lust, probably ending in losing my job and desires to do anything else, but I'm starting to question anyone acquired by EA after all I've been through, here's hoping the Battlefront game does it right.

thedoclc

Jun 24, 2008
I'd have to agree that a little thread necromancy would have been a good idea, as this discussion has been brought up a thousand times.

That said, PlaneScape: Torment. Yes, I know about Numenera [https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/]. I'm excited for it. It's a spiritual successor by most of the same crew. And if you did not know about it and that's in your bag, glad to be of modest service.

But a true revisit of the original would be great, however unlikely due to the intellectual property.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I think there is (or possibly, was) scope for a really good Red Dead Redemption sequel about Jack going for vengeance. To be honest, that quest felt pretty tacked on and underwhelming, I can't imagine people would be up in arms if it were retconned.

SSJBlastoise said:
My answer for this is the same as every other time it comes up: Conker's Bad Fur Day.

I'm not sure how one would work exactly seeing as the story wasn't open ended but man do I want to experience more of the awesomeness that was Conker's Bad Fur Day.
And this. Definitely this. It must happen.

Boogie Knight

Oct 17, 2011
Alpha Protocol getting a little more polish and balancing for different strategies and playstyles would be quite nice.

Okage: Shadow King is one of the games which I enjoyed very much because of its aesthetics, characters, and humor. Heck, once participated in a group that tried to design a sequel to pitch to Sony. It was doomed from the start, but an interesting experience, and very illuminating. I did the writing, scenario, etc. while a friend did most of the art (and she did some amazing stuff that deserved to star in something), and everyone else made a bunch of average ideas and wanted to make a convoluted system tied to one character because one of them thought her up so she had to be special.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Megaman Legends 2 needs a Megaman Legends 3 dammit! I mean Legends 2 had it perfectly set up for a sequel and Capcom decided to kick dirt in Legends fans faces. Please, I wish to have closure on the story dammit! >.<

Another one would be some sorta of sequel or continuation of the Colosseum series because they are my favorite Pokemon games.