Sequels to games that deserve them.

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
TrevHead said:
As does a new Anarchy Reigns which was abit rough around the edges and a flop due to SEGA running out of money and naff lobby / matchmaking. The core gameplay element minus the button mashing crap was sound as a pound though.
I wonder if konami would let them have Revengeace's Raiden as a bonus character if they ever did make a sequel.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I'd say none, seeing that my normal choice is Mirror's Edge, but after learning that the devs seem to think that Faith needs to be "more able in combat" and seeing how ANITA SARKEESIAN is now a CONSULTANT on the project, and she's trying to SIMPLIFY THE CONTROLS, I'll say that Mirror's Edge deserves a sequel... but probably not the one it's getting.

Bruce

Jun 15, 2013
Vanquish, Landstalker, Xcom: Enemy Unknown, Dungeon Keeper 2, Carmageddon 2.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Blitsie said:
Advent Rising really deserves having its trilogy finished, I mean the whole concept of humans being treated as gods by aliens is pretty darn cool and the game ended on a very promising note.
God dammit, this. I replayed it a couple of years back and it's still awesome.

EDIT: For my own contribution: Hostile Waters: Anteus Rising. That game was brilliant, inventive, and not at all subtle about leading into a sequel.

Kyrdra

May 19, 2013
lacktheknack said:
I'd say none, seeing that my normal choice is Mirror's Edge, but after learning that the devs seem to think that Faith needs to be "more able in combat" and seeing how ANITA SARKEESIAN is now a CONSULTANT on the project, and she's trying to SIMPLIFY THE CONTROLS, I'll say that Mirror's Edge deserves a sequel... but probably not the one it's getting.
wait simplifing the controls in Mirror's Edge? Are they planning to make it a QTE movie?

For the topic: X-wing and Kotor would be my favourites

veggypoo

Feb 22, 2013
vanquish defo deserves a sequel.

And maybe someone could fire up a reboot of the old Dune games. Maybe make it into a space rpg or something. But that universe definitely needs another cracking go

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
We need a sequel to Pokemon Colosseum/ XD. I think they complimented the handheld games perfectly. Bring back the Shadow pokemon, add wild pokemon, and connection to DS!

Wardonno94

Oct 1, 2012
wintercoat said:
Jet Force Gemini. It was one of my favorite games on the N64. Due to it's poor sales, it was never considered for a sequel, something that will go down as a dark mark in human history.
Damn it, Ninja

Jet Force Gemini so needs a sequel, however, with the state of current third person shooters I just cannot imagine what a company would do with it, hell when was the last time you played a game where the plot involve a group of giant alien ants with the intent to destroy Earth, if a sequel was to be made I would love for it to be faithful to the original but improve on many of the flaws of the original.

Mudokon

Jun 24, 2013
I want sequels for Shenmue 2, Red dead redemption, Asura's wrath and a real sequel for Banjo tooie not like the crap that Ms delivered to us with nuts and bolts.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Kyrdra said:
lacktheknack said:
wait simplifing the controls in Mirror's Edge? Are they planning to make it a QTE movie?
Presumably. All I know is that she wants the controls to be "easier for women", because I've finally realized that Anita is a first-class idiot.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Geist.

I just really like playing as a ghost, okay? I always felt Geist had a lot of potential, but you didn't have enough freedom in manipulating the environment and too much of it was standard FPS-stuff.

I was interested in Mindjack, when it was first announced, because I hoped it would be something like that, but we all know how that turned out.

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
A few come to mind. Advent rising, Republic Commando, Alpha Protocol, Warhammer 40k Space Marine, Sang Froid: Tales of werewolves (although I think they may have new "books" on the way), Battlefield: Bad company 2 (although its a sequel in and of itself it still had room for a new one), Area 51 (from the playstation 2), and Freespace 2 (which again is a sequel in and of itself but I want to know why the Shivans blew up a star and how the remnants of the fleet are doing)

terror55

Oct 21, 2011
Maximo 3! Mainly because the story never concluded and Maximo never found his wife, I mean how bad is that? Poor guy!

Megaman legends 3.....just because

Duke Nukem: Critical Mass- ok the game was pretty bad, but I hate it when stuff goes unresolved

May 20, 2009
Oly J said:
___________________ said:
Shenmue 2 needs a Shenmue 3. Oh cruel world.
exactly what I was going to say, and exactly what I DO say every time a question like this comes up without fail, it is a TRAVESTY that Shenmue was never finished,
Yeah and they could even release it with an HD version of 1 and 2. So people new to the game could understand what the hell was going on.
Or, if they're scared that it wouldn't sell well, they could release the HD version of the first Shenmue, to see how the public reacted to the game and then later on launch Shenmue 2 HD as well. And then if they saw that it went well, 3 would finally be made.

They say there's not enough demand or whatever....well maybe fans got tired of asking for it because no one would step up to make the bloody thing. That doesn't mean we won't jump at Shenmue 3 like hungry, wallet throwing wolves.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Beyond Good and Evil. Come on Ubisoft, stop jerking us around you bastards!

Alpha Protocol. Say what you will about how buggy it is and how terrible its development process was, it still had a lot of great ideas in it, and the story was as well-written as ever from Obsidian. So, yeah... deserves a more polished sequel.

Kentucky Route Zero. Well... really... I'm just being an impatient ass here... but the first two acts were so good that I can't wait for the rest of it to come out.

Antichamber... or more accurately... I want to see more games like it. Experimental, weird... and just utterly amazing.

And that's about all I can think of at the moment.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Neronium said:
Megaman Legends 2 needs a Megaman Legends 3 dammit! I mean Legends 2 had it perfectly set up for a sequel and Capcom decided to kick dirt in Legends fans faces. Please, I wish to have closure on the story dammit! >.<

Another one would be some sorta of sequel or continuation of the Colosseum series because they are my favorite Pokemon games.
Mega Man X Command Mission 2 needs to be athing.

OT Didn't the OP specify games without sequels?
Oh well.

Dante's Inferno could really use a follow up after that shitty cliffhanger ending, and it really wasn't a bad game at all, it was a fun hack and slash with cool aesthetics and engaging combat. Granted that it totally was a god of war clone though.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Not sure if someone has already mentioned it, but "Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy" NEEDS a sequel. Not only because it was an awesome game, but the game pretty much ended with a giant "To be continued..." at the end.

abdul

Oct 27, 2012
I'd love to see a new Dragon's Dogma on next-gen consoles (&PC for mods!),also a a single-player sequel to Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines would be fantastic.