Serial Killer Round 43 - Welcome to the Killtona 500 (Finish Line Reached! Race is Over!)

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
Welp, my long-awaited (hardy har har) death has finally been written.
The race had been going smoothly so far, however it was still early and victory could've been within anyone's grasp. Well, save for those that had already died on the course. It was certainly turning out to be a frightening circuit, what with the possibility of foul play factoring into the deaths on the track. Nerve-wracking for any driver, certainly, seeing as so many things could go wrong at the speeds we were reaching.

The third lap in, I should've known something was happening when I heard static in my headset. But I just passed it off as an accidental push of a button, as was known to happen from time to time. I should've known from the lack of the steady hum from the receiver, which would've told me that my radio was disconnected. Probably wouldn't have helped even if I did notice it, because either way, my pit crew leader could not possibly have been able to tell me water pipe ruptured on the next turn. How was I to know of the large puddle forming on the inside of the track? The trees kept it hidden from view, rather nicely for any apt saboteur.

I kept on the inside lane, refusing to give my position away, and before long I had encountered a well-known enemy to drivers the world over: a big patch of standing water. My tires skirted across the puddle's surface as I tried to maintain control of the turn, I swerved hard and one side of my car went up into the air. I knew what was going to happen, and the worst part of it all was that I couldn't stop it from happening. My world turned end over end as my vehicle rolled across the track. My heart raced, adrenaline was pumping, seconds were stretched into minutes as I gripped the wheel and rode out the roll as best I could.

Suddenly, something outside grasped my attention - a concrete barrier was on the outside of the turn, and I was headed straight for it. Even though I was no physics major, no mathematician by any means, but I didn't need any complex calculating to know with speed I was rolling that this barrier was going to be the end of me. I couldn't close my eyes as the yellow-striped concrete drew nearer; I could only watch as I flew at certain death.

'Come to Italy,' he said. 'It'll be loads of fun,' he said. 'Your sponsors would love to see you in a Formula One circuit; Think of the things you'll see; You've always wanted to travel, right?' Welp, here I am, Lou, and the only sight I see is the canvas I'm gonna be splattered all over, nailed by my damned car. Hope you're happy. Then, I hope you die in a terrble accident and burn in Hell. I'll be there waitin' for ya, ready to piss on your ashes you money-grubbing asshole. Fucking managers...