Serial Killer Round 67: Mutineering Massacre - Cycle 1, Voting Phase

gritch

Tastes like Science!
Feb 21, 2011
Demagogue said:
After last round, I'm must less willing to trust random spy lists, it would be nice if the other person came out and revealed their 'message' from the spy too. then Caramel and whomever could be safe. Then I might trust Caramel's list.

Realistically your list is suspect too because no one else would have thought to do that so we just have to take your word for it.

I'm not outright accusing either of you, I've just learnt my lesson to question free information...
I find Aerosteam's information questionable as well. It's actually something I've thought of doing but I normally post here during work (like you seem to do too Demagogue) so I don't really have time to track when 20 people log in or off of a particular website. Plus there was no guarantee there'd be such a short interval between attempts. Aero would've potentially had to monitor people's logging frequency for several hours otherwise which seems like a tall order for most people.

I am a tad curious. @Aerosteam: How exactly did you confirm if people were online durring the whole time between the attempted murders?

If it is the group consensus to kill me to prove my innocence then so be, I'll vote for me too. I just didn't want to waste the priest until we knew some of this 'information' we've got is legit.
That line won't work on me. I used several variants of it myself last round. Honestly even if you are the Medic you're not likely to be revived. A revealed Medic isn't nearly as useful as a revealed Spy. It'd probably be smarter for the Priest to lay low in case the Spy got killed instead.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
@Dema: I'm not 100% sure you're the Killer, so to help you out how about a screen cap of the PM Hippo sent you when you got your role?

Aerosteam

Sep 22, 2011
@gritch: When someone isn't online it tells you when they logged out. For these people, they logged out before the first murder and remained logged out during the second murder.

gritch

Tastes like Science!
Feb 21, 2011
@Aerosteam: Ah. I wasn't aware of that feature with the profiles. That makes your detective work possible then. No one can really confirm it at least it's reasonable now. Thanks for the clarification.

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
Aerosteam said:
@Dema: I'm not 100% sure you're the Killer, so to help you out how about a screen cap of the PM Hippo sent you when you got your role?
Knowing that these can be faked in chrome thanks to last round I took this photo in IE. As far as I know there isn't a way to do that in there. (its also why my motto of the moment is screwed up)

[http://imgur.com/dZzbNQq]

The image is linked to the full size version of it. (I just didn't want to break the thread) I didn't want to trim the background desktop at all as it might show as tampering and ruin the whole point.

gritch said:
That line won't work on me. I used several variants of it myself last round. Honestly even if you are the Medic you're not likely to be revived. A revealed Medic isn't nearly as useful as a revealed Spy. It'd probably be smarter for the Priest to lay low in case the Spy got killed instead.
That's true I suppose since the killer can just kill me again the next round... and it's not like the medic is all that useful as seen by the past four games, lol.

Aerosteam

Sep 22, 2011
@Dema: Uh huh. Now how about the PM you sent to Hippo that had the list of names to be saved?

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
@Aero:

Ask and you shall receive,
[http://imgur.com/2JbCAYw]

@Frappe:

*shrugs* I'm not sure how else I could prove it I already did the screen shot in IE so that we could rule out the element editing.

Aerosteam

Sep 22, 2011
@Dema: I'm edging between real and fake very narrowly. One question should decide it.

What kind of IT stuff do you do as a job?

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
Aerosteam said:
@Dema: I'm edging between real and fake very narrowly. One question should decide it.

What kind of IT stuff do you do as a job?
Aww yeah... my IT background! Heh. Currently I do server / application maintenance for the Provincial Government for a Cognos Business Intelligence environment. (keep the lights on, application patches, fix broken reports, etc)

To answer the more direct version of your question... Do I have the HTML skills to pull off a fake? Absolutely, I went to school for programming (VB6 & Java, but code is code). Do I have the Photoshop skills to pull off a fake? Definitely not. (that and I don't own Photoshop)

gritch

Tastes like Science!
Feb 21, 2011
@Demagogue:

You forgot to change the avatar in the second screenshot to Hippo's.

I'm really quite disappointed.

Edit:
Demagogue said:
To answer the more direct version of your question... Do I have the HTML skills to pull off a fake? Absolutely, I went to school for programming (VB6 & Java, but code is code). Do I have the Photoshop skills to pull off a fake? Definitely not. (that and I don't own Photoshop)
I will point out I have no background in programming nor did I own photoshop before last round and I still made convincing screenshots. It's very easy to download a free trail of ps and modify a screenshot. Especially if you follow the instructions I laid out last round.

Edit 2: I retract my statement but that's definitely not how any messages I send look. That's not the default avatar that I see. I suppose it could be different. I could put some serious money on Demagogue being the Killer at this point.

My second point still stands. And I'm keeping the gif. Because Nathan Fillion makes me happy.

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
@gritch
Actually that's how it went out. It confused the hell out of me too but that is actually MY avatar. I have the RedXIII one, but then when I send things it comes with the robot.

[http://imgur.com/txFwFZw]

gritch

Tastes like Science!
Feb 21, 2011
@Dema: Mine always defaults to the generic blank avatar when I send messages. I guess it could be different for others. *shurg*

I jumped the gun there. Apologies.

I suspect this will be a really quick round.

Aerosteam

Sep 22, 2011
@Dema: Hmm...

First thing, it is actually possible to alter website text in Internet Explorer. You are probably not a proficient coder and I believe you when you said you didn't know that because you aren't ghost quoting in this thread - a proper coder would know how to do it.

Further, looking at your post history you are definitely one of the more active players. Because of this it's likely you know I code based on what I've said last round. Very unlikely you lied because if you know you can edit text on IE, then of course I would also.

Conclusion 1: You did not alter the PM's code.

Very odd choice for text you want to appear on this site. Times New Roman and medium sized. But people have their preferences for browsing options - I know a former player uses one of the grey backgrounds.

I believe you on not using an image manipulation program. Main thing for this - your avatar. You're a member of the Pub Club and anyone who is in it has an interesting avatar but your one is rather boring, meaning you aren't good with programs like PhotoShop. Your avatar, I can tell, is very old. Further shows you're not one to edit images.

Conclusion 2: You did not edit the screen cap of the PM.

From a technical stand point, both PMs are sound. I've changed my own browsing options and lined my own PMs with yours - the pixels align correctly. Times for them are valid, for both when the PMs were sent and what time you took the screen cap.

You are a relatively new player and it's true the Medic's ability has not been of high activity since you joined, it's understandable you're not sure how the role works so it's a possibility you just made a blunder.

Conclusion 3: The PMs are real.

Aerosteam

Sep 22, 2011
@Caramel and gritch: (See my previous post.) I'm quoting you guys because it's only you two who have expressed suspicion on Demagogue.

Here is the suspect list:

altnameJag
FPLOON
gritch
DoPo

tm96 (Not logged in during any murder)
Demagogue (The Medic)
BeerTent (Almost died)
kingofkumquats (Dead)

Armadox

Mandatory Madness!
Aug 31, 2010
Aerosteam said:
Conclusion 3: The PMs are real.
Then anyone who hasn't voted, I suggest dumping your chips on one of the other names. FPLOON, DoPo or AltnameJag.

Aerosteam

Sep 22, 2011
@Arma: I'm hoping Hippo will let us re-vote, I've contacted him about it.

Aerosteam

Sep 22, 2011
@Caramel: Firstly, yes, that glitch with sent PMs exists as I suffer from it.

Secondly, I seriously doubt tm96, a brand new player is that cunning to send a murder message externally.

Thirdly, why I think Demagogue is the Medic is not mostly based on times. Look at conclusions 1 and 2.

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
@Frappe: I think the robot is from when I first became a pubsub. It reset my avatar to blank when I subbed, and I couldn't find Red for some reason so I was looking through other ones and I choose that robot. That robot is tied to my account somehow I'm just not sure how. I just sent you a PM Caramel and it gave me RedXIII as the avatar that time. So I have no freaking clue what's going on... maybe it has to do with us both being pubsubs? *goes to PM Aero*

Armadox

Mandatory Madness!
Aug 31, 2010
Aerosteam said:
@Caramel: Firstly, yes, that glitch with sent PMs exists as I suffer from it.

Secondly, I seriously doubt tm96, a brand new player is that cunning to send a murder message externally.

Thirdly, why I think Demagogue is the Medic is not mostly based on times. Look at conclusions 1 and 2.
I'm all for staying in my crows nest for this to pass over, but the more Rounds I play, the more I've started to see Frappe as the eternal paladin. Once he sees himself as sure he's on the right path, nothing at all seems to dissuade him otherwise. He'd destroy his own assets in order to prove his point, even when evidence points away.

If the killer kills Dema next turn it's be just as useful and we'd have had a turn to shrink the list twice. If the killer doesn't kill Dema (to keep the heat off him), then we got the medic another go. It's strategically more useful to gank one of the others on the list.