Series That You Loved That Were Prematurly Cancelled

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
Dark angel such a good show was cancelled for firefly
firefly one of the best shows of all time
the 4400 A better version of heroe's ended on a massive clifhanger
heroes for the same reason but heroes hurt less as it was crap by the end
pushing daises one of the strangest shows out there but good

The stargate verse The whole thing was just cancelled way before its time such a crappy end to a great franshice

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Dresdon Files. Nice urban fantasy premise... interesting characters...
and it just... died out entirely.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
SWAT Kats
Samurai Jack
Invader Zim
Darkwing Duck
Freakazoid
Animaniacs
Pirates of Dark Water
Space Ghost: Coast to Coast
Sailor Moon (shu'up, I don't care about your opinion on this one)

These will do for now. >:)

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
I'm not sure if it was actually cancelled or just ended super poorly but MENTAL was always fun to watch.

It made me realize why I want major in Psychology. Not that I'm going to, for other reasons.

Hot Madness

May 20, 2009
No one has said Angel yet, odd...

Also Terminator the Sarah Conner Chronicles, very much an under-loved show.

Crusade, the spin-off to Babylon 5, was beginning to find its legs before TNT pulled the plug.

The original Batman: The Animated Series was canceled before its time. Twice.

Rakun Man

Oct 18, 2009
BOOM headshot65 said:
Well, considering others have already been said, I will just go with another.

Kid friendly, buddy-buddy cop drama...in really big midde school. School Principal instead of a mayor, Car theft replaced with bike theft, slingshots instead of guns, smuggling spices instead of drugs, Beatdowns instead of murder, indefenate detention instead of life in prison, and so on. (but strangly enough, "no rebel groups" against the authority) Here is an episode to show what I mean.

I loved Fillmore. To this day, I still say 'crackers'.
D-Class 198482 said:
Only one Invader Zim!?
SORELY DISSAPOINTED IN ALL OF YOU.
Invader ZIM, a little duh.
This too.

But what hurts me the most in is Spectacular Spiderman. It was such a good show, and it only got two seasons, and it was so obvious that they had many more great seasons planned.

JopieHaargel

Jun 26, 2012
- Stark Raving Mad: a devil-may-care, fun loving writer in the form of Tony Shalhoub likes to play practical jokes on his nervous, neurotic agent in the form of Neil Patrick Harris. Brilliance abound! Cancelled after only one season and still not out on dvd.

- Get A Life: Absurdist comedy with Chris Elliott and Brian-Doyle Murray. Ungracefully ended with a clip show, mid 2nd season.

- Off Centre: 'You dare defy The Chau??' Also capped after eight episodes into the 2nd season.

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
Still not a mention of Carnivale here? Because that series was fuckin' brilliant.

captcha: back to basics.... thank you, sensei captcha.

Mr. Eff_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2009
Jericho. Loved that show. At least it was brought back briefly to wrap things up a bit (thanks to a large fan campaign) and continued via comic books.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
CrazyGirl17 said:
Lessee.. Firefly, MEGAS XLR, Samurai Jack, Symbonic Titan, The Spectacular Spider-man, Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go... yes, most of these are cartoons, why do you ask?
This (well I haven't watch Firefly and I thought SBMTHFG was ok) and I would like to add these to the list
Invader Zim
Transformers Animated
Batman The Brave and the Bold
My Life As A Teenage Robot
Hey Arnold (that second movie must be made to get closure on the whereabout to Arnold parent!)
Time Squad

Lizardon said:
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

I really loved this show, unfortunately the people at Marvel (particularly Jeph Loeb), didn't like where the creators (Christopher Yost and Joshua Fine) were taking the show. Particularly it was felt that the show was becoming to serialised with to much back story, making it harder for people to jump in. It was also decided that the show was drifting to far away from the main three Avengers (Iron Man, Captain America and Thor), and that too much focus was on "minor" characters (ie. all the other Avengers). So half way through the second season a bunch of new writers were brought on and the rest of the season was primarily episodic episodes about Cap, Iron Man and Thor. Interesting plots about Hank Pym, Sutor and Vision were completely dropped in favour of more screen time to the big three.

But that's not all. They delayed the second seasons airing for nearly 6 months so that they could have it show back to back with their new Ultimate Spider-man cartoon, so they could attract viewers to that. Expect that show is extremely disliked. So then EMH had to go on hiatus, the reason given was so they could get an accurate picture of Spider-man's ratings.
(Luckily for me, it continued to air here in Australia. If you've watched any of last 15 or so episodes online, it probably came from our broadcast)

Even after all that it was still cancelled. The decision to cancel it, in favour of a new series more in line with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, was made before the changes to Season 2 were even finalised.

Wow, that turned out to be a bit of a rant. It just really pisses me of that such a promising show got cut short, with a very sloppy and rushed conclusion. Although I guess 52 episodes is quite respectable when it comes to cartoons now a days. However if the new show is terrible I cannot be held responsible for my actions.
Thanks for explaining it to me. I did fine it weird that it turned out that the Skrull Invasion concluded halfway through the season as I thought it would cover the entire season 2 like with Loki in season 1. Shame that they had cancelled it as there was still room for it like e.g. we will never get to know what Surtur (that red demon that Thor and Asgard fear against) was planning to do.

gonzo20

Dec 18, 2008
my name is earl, they axed it on a big plot development as well, that show is fucking hilarious, watch it if you get the chance

Bassik

Jun 15, 2011
They keep cancelling Red Dwarf... and it keeps coming back!
Seriously, it's very strange. The last series was absolute smeg, and it looked like it was really the end for the show, but out of the blue pops up this trailer for a new series, and it looks fantastic!

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
Secret world leader (shhh) said:
TJC said:
The facts were these: Campy, colourful, creative; ridiculous yet exciting murder of the weeks and a hilarious love story that came across both as woefully tragic and beautifully sweet at the same time.
Jiminy Crispies! I think i'm just a little bit in love with you :D
yeah, I do that to people sometimes. Sorry 'bout that 8D

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Cyber 9,Pirates of dark water, First Monday.
If my brain cell was working I could name off 10 more...mostly cartoons.... they tend to be better than prime time TV well the good ones at least.

Stilkon

Feb 19, 2011
Andy Shandy said:
Arrested Development and Lie To Me. Although luckily the former is coming back.
Lie to Me got cancelled?

Though yes, Arrested Development coming back is nice. Samurai Jack never really got a proper ending either, so that too.

Others would be The Critic, Invader Zim, and Freakazoid. DEAR LORD, FREAKAZOID.

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
Yeah so Firefly, of course. Besides that, what about White Collar? It was the most random show but it wasn't that bad.

Oh and here's for random shit, what about that show Reaper? That show was the shit for like all two seasons.