Seriously, why do some guys pull this shit?

Wilko316

Jun 16, 2010
Honestly I think it's out of a need for attention, the human psyche is one of a need to survive, and generally speaking to truly survive mentally and emotionally we need human contact. In lamens terms; he's getting a reaction clearly, so he's going to continue, just ignore him and he'll move on.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Rin Little said:
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Bobic said:
Wait. . . Amy, is that you? I'm sorry! I just really like you! Can't blame a guy for trying right ;).
I'm not sure if this is a joke, or the most awkward moment these forums have ever seen.
I was wondering the same thing lol But just to placate him, not it's not Amy... I don't even know anyone named Amy
Well crap, it was a one in a million chance, and I could have created an incredible piece of awkwardness.

Anyway, had I guessed your name right, how would you have reacted? Would it have been as hilarious as I had imagined?

thisbymaster

Sep 10, 2008
Would you rather have a guys who doesn't tell you how he feels and instead stone walls you while lying and telling you everything is alright? Women always say they want to hear the truth, the reality is that you want to be lied to, all the time. You want to feel comfortable and happy, reality doesn't work that that way.

Rin Little

Jul 24, 2011
Bobic said:
Rin Little said:
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Bobic said:
Wait. . . Amy, is that you? I'm sorry! I just really like you! Can't blame a guy for trying right ;).
I'm not sure if this is a joke, or the most awkward moment these forums have ever seen.
I was wondering the same thing lol But just to placate him, not it's not Amy... I don't even know anyone named Amy
Well crap, it was a one in a million chance, and I could have created an incredible piece of awkwardness.

Anyway, had I guessed your name right, how would you have reacted? Would it have been as hilarious as I had imagined?
Probably not lol I'm a very unforgiving person when it comes right down to it, so I don't get guilt tripped easily when someone else is being the creep or jerk

Giftfromme

Nov 3, 2011
Rin Little said:
Bobic said:
Rin Little said:
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Bobic said:

Probably not lol I'm a very unforgiving person when it comes right down to it, so I don't get guilt tripped easily when someone else is being the creep or jerk
It's best to keep this guy around then, so you have something to complain about imo.

Rin Little

Jul 24, 2011
MasochisticAvenger said:
It amuses me after all the creepy stuff you say he does, the first two reasons you list in your conclusion as to why you won't date him is he doesn't have a real job or a car. I was unaware this was a movie from the 1980s... Sorry, the whole "he doesn't have a car" thing struck me as kind of shallow.

From what you've said, it kind of sounds like you're just hoping he will "get the message" and leave you alone. Have you tried sitting down with him and just talking it out with him. I'm sorry, but from what I've read it sounds like you're been quite immature about this whole situation yourself.
Dude I'm 22, I want to date someone who actually has their life together. And I've been laying it on the line for years that I wouldn't date him.

drummond13

Apr 28, 2008
Don't you mean "why do SOME guys pull this shit"? Seriously, please don't knock our gender because some of us have no idea how to act.

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
There are 3 simple steps
1st- NO!
2nd- FUCK OFF!
3rd- pepper spray
there actually is a 4th step for extreme assholes, contact him, say you are sorry for the pepper spray and want to make it up for him, meet him kick him in the balls and spray him again.

Gamblerjoe

Oct 25, 2010
The reason he's quiet and creepy is because he never developed any social skills, and doesn't have the gumption to start.

The reason he unloaded his affection on you is probably because you are nice. Iv met nice girls and thought about how great it would be to be with them. I have no doubt in my mind that I could make a girl happy. The difference is, I either keep my mouth shut and keep my intentions to myself (im good at hiding what Im thinking), or I open up to the girl gradually and gauge whether or not she is interested (Im good at reading people.) I would never want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with me. Nothing turns me off more than apathy.

I know how to be disarming, and I have my funny or clever moments. The reason most guys suck at that, is the same reason most people suck at poker. They don't even know what skills they need to be developing. They think telling a girl she's beautiful and offering her a drink is something that doesn't happen to mediocre girls 100 times a day. They try to force situations, when they should be picking their battles.

I am by no means a player, or any kind of raving success story when it comes to dating. If anything Im too passive. What I can say though, is that I don't creep girls out, and I am never ham fisted in anything I do. I am, in fact, so disarming, that girls who are in a relationship have told me, or my friends that they would date me if they were single. I guess when the pressure's off, I really shine.

The funny thing is that these guys who think they would be so great for a girl would bring nothing to the table. They are the kind of guys who would never take you out, never think of anything interesting to do, never have anything interesting to talk about, and sex with them would be 30 seconds of awkwardness. When you threaten to leave them, they just cry and threaten to hurt themselves. I hate to be a jerk, but these guys don't deserve a girl. They just need to be ejected from the playing field.

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
He sounds like a lot of gals I know.

oT: what's the female equivalent of "guy?"

MasochisticAvenger

Nov 7, 2011
Rin Little said:
MasochisticAvenger said:
It amuses me after all the creepy stuff you say he does, the first two reasons you list in your conclusion as to why you won't date him is he doesn't have a real job or a car. I was unaware this was a movie from the 1980s... Sorry, the whole "he doesn't have a car" thing struck me as kind of shallow.

From what you've said, it kind of sounds like you're just hoping he will "get the message" and leave you alone. Have you tried sitting down with him and just talking it out with him. I'm sorry, but from what I've read it sounds like you're been quite immature about this whole situation yourself.
Dude I'm 22, I want to date someone who actually has their life together. And I've been laying it on the line for years that I wouldn't date him.
I can understand that, but "lack of car" is a serious factor as to why you won't date him? I'm just saying that comes across as quite shallow to me. Maybe I'm just annoyed by that comment since I don't have a car myself, and don't like the implication that not having a car means you don't have your life together.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Rin Little said:
Bobic said:
Rin Little said:
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Bobic said:

Well, it's probably for the best that it failed miserably then. (though next time it might not, because, as someone pointed out in a private message, you can check profiles for people's names, yeah think about that with your facebook linked into your profile, creeps like me can stalk you.)

Anyway, at least I got a couple of 'not sure if serious' things. That's always fun.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Gamblerjoe said:
I have no doubt in my mind that I could make a girl happy.

The funny thing is that these guys who think they would be so great for a girl would bring nothing to the table. They are the kind of guys who would never take you out, never think of anything interesting to do, never have anything interesting to talk about, and sex with them would be 30 seconds of awkwardness. When you threaten to leave them, they just cry and threaten to hurt themselves. I hate to be a jerk, but these guys don't deserve a girl. They just need to be ejected from the playing field.
erm.... okay?

I guess such knowledge about yourself has some value....

Also, why are you telling us all this about yourself?

Rin Little

Jul 24, 2011
MasochisticAvenger said:
Rin Little said:
MasochisticAvenger said:

I can understand that, but "lack of car" is a serious factor as to why you won't date him? I'm just saying that comes across as quite shallow to me. Maybe I'm just annoyed by that comment since I don't have a car myself, and don't like the implication that not having a car means you don't have your life together.
Where I live, it is a problem because there's literally almost no public transportation. I haven't seen a bus come out this way once, and the closest they get is about 15-20 minutes away. I don't want to constantly have to be the only one driving to get to see him or whatever else.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Offer him as a blood sacrifice to the sun god Tonatiuh. This is the way. This is the only way.

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
Eternal Taros said:
Rin Little said:
Why do guys pull this shit?!
.No. said:
He vaguely reminds me of someone I knew who knew who kept bothering one of my friends, although that guy didn't do anything besides stare(which was really creepy and really pissed her off.)
Wait, what? People pull shit like this?
I've never, ever seen this happen.
The first notable time I've witnessed something like it was this summer. Luckily they're now a couple states away from each other.
Gamblerjoe said:
I hate to be a jerk, but these guys don't deserve a girl. They just need to be ejected from the playing field.
That's going a bit far, and is beyond being a jerk. And what do you mean "ejected from the playing field"?

MasochisticAvenger

Nov 7, 2011
Rin Little said:
MasochisticAvenger said:
Rin Little said:
MasochisticAvenger said:

Where I live, it is a problem because there's literally almost no public transportation. I haven't seen a bus come out this way once, and the closest they get is about 15-20 minutes away. I don't want to constantly have to be the only one driving to get to see him or whatever else.
Fair enough. The best thing to do is to try and talk it out with him. If you've already done that, then do everything you can to remove him from your life. Delete him from any instant messengers you have him on, tell any mutual friends you have you don't want to hang out with him anymore (from what you've said, it sounds like they don't really like him either), and ignore any phone calls from him. It doesn't sound like he'll get the message any other way.