Seriously, why do some guys pull this shit?

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Rin Little said:
I don't hang out with him, I've flat-out ignored him in a lot of instances, and I've shot down his offers to even hang out. I'm just sick of him thinking that he's going to "get" anywhere with me when 1) I make it pretty clear I'm not interested 2) I'm already taken and 3) I've made some pretty scathing remarks to him about the shit he says and he brushes it off or forgets it...
...So why do you call him a friend?

Rin Little

Jul 24, 2011
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Bobic said:
Wait. . . Amy, is that you? I'm sorry! I just really like you! Can't blame a guy for trying right ;).
I'm not sure if this is a joke, or the most awkward moment these forums have ever seen.
I was wondering the same thing lol But just to placate him, not it's not Amy... I don't even know anyone named Amy

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Bobic said:
Wait. . . Amy, is that you? I'm sorry! I just really like you! Can't blame a guy for trying right ;).
I'm not sure if this is a joke, or the most awkward moment these forums have ever seen.
Oh God. Please be real! Please be real!

OT: Sounds like the dude is an idiot. This problem will sort itself out as soon as he gets himself some goddamn social skills.

infinity_turtles

Apr 17, 2010
Rin Little said:
I don't hang out with him, I've flat-out ignored him in a lot of instances, and I've shot down his offers to even hang out.
Then why did you call him a guyfriend? Doesn't sound like friend should be anywhere in that statement. Do you talk with him on IM a lot? How do those conversations usually go? Guy sounds like a loser, and his behavior is totally unacceptable, but something about how you're describing your relationship with this guy sounds off to me.

Rin Little

Jul 24, 2011
infinity_turtles said:
Rin Little said:
I don't hang out with him, I've flat-out ignored him in a lot of instances, and I've shot down his offers to even hang out.
Then why did you call him a guyfriend? Doesn't sound like friend should be anywhere in that statement. Do you talk with him on IM a lot? How do those conversations usually go? Guy sounds like a loser, and his behavior is totally unacceptable, but something about how you're describing your relationship with this guy sounds off to me.
I'm used to calling him that because we actually used to talk and see each other more often. The term's just carried over I guess.

theseworlds

Oct 26, 2009
I know a girl like this. She has a spinal problem, so she reckons the world should revolve around her and everyone should be extra caring and go out of their way for her. When she's alone, she complains nobody wants to hang out with her. When somebody is with her, she only wants to complain about her life and get sympathy. Absolute attention seeker, and she constantly goes out of her way to degrade her best friend in public so she feels slightly better about herself.

I absolutely cannot stand her, and she sounds very much like this bloke you're describing.

My advice, ignore him. Let him be miserable, 'cause nobody can help him. Once he realises nobody gives a shit, maybe he'll wake up to himself and stop being such a dick. But, I wouldn't hold my breath. You're better off without that nonsense in your life.

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
infinity_turtles said:
Rin Little said:
This, I am not sure why you say he is your friend. He sounds more like a creepy guy obsessed with you, and the best for him would be probably if you two stop speaking; though knowing the kind of person he will just find a new obsession.

Edit: BTW, was it a rhetorical question to vent or you genuinely don't understand why is he like that?

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
Rin Little said:
Not gonna lie... I've acted like this myself before now.

It's simply a case of jealousy and that he's lusting over you, not actually caring for you.

My advice would be the same as most others. If you like him as a friend and don't want to lose that, just keep your guns up and tell him you're not interested. Ignore him for those parts where he acts like that and either whether you want him as a friend or not, just make sure he knows to back off. If he continues to act like that, kick him to the kerb (not literally...) and tell him to get lost.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Ruwrak said:
I know girls who pull these things as well. Don't generalize me along with them :p

Steppin back to answer your question:

"Because they got a no, but can try for a yes" fits in.
And because (most) people (like that) like wallowing in self-pity and hoping for a bone of any kind thrown to them.

Basically ignoring and moving on is an option
This basically. There are desperate, pathetic people encompassing both genders. This guy obviously has, um, little understanding of social interaction, and social interaction with girls in particular. While I don't want to sound like I'm taking his side (because I'm not) this doesn't necessarily make him an arsehole. Keep letting him know, very clearly, that you are not interested. However, extending the hand of friendship, and giving him some constructive advice on how to sort his life out, might do the world of good for him, and if his getting over himself gets him off your back, then it's good for you too.

Edit: Plan B, if that doesn't work... just walk away. I foyu being around him will only ever make him more obsessive then the best thing you can do for the both of you is just stay away from him and hope somebody else can knock some sense into him.
Well that's the whole problem with folk like that. They only wallow in self-pity hoping for someone to fall for it. Constructive critisism isn't going to work that well, no matter how you work with it (Take a wild guess where the experience in this comes from.) Unless he actually wants to work on it of course. But chances are that he thinks that getting laid / gettnig a girlfriend is going to magically solve his problems.

Which, of course, they won't.

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
anthony87 said:
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Bobic said:
Oh God. Please be real! Please be real!

OT: You should probably talk to him and make it very clear that you aren't interested. Try to help him sort himself out, though. Open his eyes. Let him know that he needs to stop his whining and try to do something about his life.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Bobic said:
Hey, how dare you pretend to be me!
Her name is Rin and she's going out with Ryan and he is a complete jerk. He doesn't deserve her at all her short red hair is so hot and her nosering makes her look so cool. I don't get why she chose a guy like him over me, I care about her so much.

6unn3r

Aug 12, 2008
Rin Little said:
Why do guys pull this shit?!
Beacuse he's lonley i would say. Not everyone finds forging conversations with other people easy, you mention:
but he's constantly telling me how attracted he is to me and all this other shit and he barely even knows me because any time I saw him in person he just sat in a corner and didn't talk to anyone. Just a little bit ago when he was talking to me on IM
He's probably dosnt get out and about all that often and sits on the edges or fringes of groups when he does, meaning that he's formed this attraction to you that goes unrequited. Maybe you could try involving him more in group activites and introduce him to some new people, even if you find him a little wierd, because then he will see that you are not the only girl on the planet (no offence) and he'll be able to move on?

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
What is this, a reverse relationship-advice/relationship-complaint thread? Woah, unexpected.

Rin Little said:
I don't hang out with him, I've flat-out ignored him in a lot of instances, and I've shot down his offers to even hang out. I'm just sick of him thinking that he's going to "get" anywhere with me when 1) I make it pretty clear I'm not interested 2) I'm already taken and 3) I've made some pretty scathing remarks to him about the shit he says and he brushes it off or forgets it...
Uhm... I may be pushing the envelope there but... what about blocking him? Y'know, so he can't be an annoying ass to you?

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
Rin Little said:
infinity_turtles said:
Rin Little said:
I'm used to calling him that because we actually used to talk and see each other more often. The term's just carried over I guess.
How well did you know him? If he even used to be an acquaintance then it's not like he didn't know shit about you.
He vaguely reminds me of someone I knew who knew who kept bothering one of my friends, although that guy didn't do anything besides stare(which was really creepy and really pissed her off.)

Rin Little

Jul 24, 2011
6unn3r said:
Rin Little said:
Beacuse he's lonley i would say. Not everyone finds forging conversations with other people easy, you mention:
but he's constantly telling me how attracted he is to me and all this other shit and he barely even knows me because any time I saw him in person he just sat in a corner and didn't talk to anyone. Just a little bit ago when he was talking to me on IM
He's probably dosnt get out and about all that offtern and sit on the edges or fringes of groups when he does, eaning that he's formed this attraction to you that goes unrequited. Maybe you could try involving him more in group activites and introduce him to some new people, even if you find him a little wierd, because then he will see that you are not the only girl on the planet (no offence) and he'll be able to move on?
He used to go out constantly but it was always the same result no matter what the situation. And trust me, I wish he would find someone else to plant his misguided affections on, but like I said I'm not that close to him and honestly can't think of anyone to introduce him to who doesn't already know him and get annoyed with him.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Rin Little said:
So long story short, I've recently started dating a guy who I met and he's awesome. We always enjoy spending time together, we're getting to be very close and we have a lot in common. Everything's going great...

But one of my guy friends is straight-up being an outright ass almost. When I first mentioned that I was dating someone new his first reaction was "I'm happy that you're happy, but I know that I could make you happy too" and launches into this whole sob story about why no one hangs out with him. I'm not very close with this guy at all, but he's constantly telling me how attracted he is to me and all this other shit and he barely even knows me because any time I saw him in person he just sat in a corner and didn't talk to anyone. Just a little bit ago when he was talking to me on IM he mentioned that he was feeling really horny... Why the fuck would I want to know that?! Seriously, this guy doesn't know shit about me and yet he's making all these comments as if he could convince me to dump my boyfriend and instead date him when he doesn't have a real job and no car and constantly whines about crap...

WHY AREN'T YOU DATING ME!? I'm awesome! I have stuff! I BARELY KNOW YOU. IT'S ALL THERE. Perfect package babe. Come on. ;D

But seriously, who knows? We can't figure women out, and never will. Some of us are just a little worse off than others...

Giftfromme

Nov 3, 2011
Rednog said:
Bobic said:
Hey, how dare you pretend to be me!
Her name is Rin and she's going out with Ryan and he is a complete jerk. He doesn't deserve her at all her short red hair is so hot and her nosering makes her look so cool. I don't get why she chose a guy like him over me, I care about her so much.
I laughed. I don't see the issue here, unless you need to surround yourself with guys like that so you have something to complain about. I know a lot of people are like "omg like this guy/girl keeps like talking to me omg like I wish they would stop omg" when the solution is quite simple. but if you're looking to be able to complain, off course there is no solution to this "problem".

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Your friend seems to have a case of blue balls. This is very easy to fix.

Simply apply your foot to his groin, if sufficient force is applied he'll now have purple balls instead. Problem solved.

MasochisticAvenger

Nov 7, 2011
It amuses me after all the creepy stuff you say he does, the first two reasons you list in your conclusion as to why you won't date him is he doesn't have a real job or a car. I was unaware this was a movie from the 1980s... Sorry, the whole "he doesn't have a car" thing struck me as kind of shallow.

From what you've said, it kind of sounds like you're just hoping he will "get the message" and leave you alone. Have you tried sitting down with him and just talking it out with him. I'm sorry, but from what I've read it sounds like you're been quite immature about this whole situation yourself.