Seven is the magic number of anger

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Ghengis John said:
Snotnarok said:
Well I was going to play some baseball with it if they turn me down again and I can't fix the solder problem that is the E74 or whatever problem was on my screen. Maybe that'll make it think twice before giving me that kinda luck.
What position were you thinking of having it play? I look at the basic design of a 360 and I think, homeplate? But I wish you luck on the fix, man.
I think it's going to play the part of the ball, and parts in the recycle bin.

Thanks for that, I just want something to go right this....month.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Your a positive man, i'll give you that.

I've only had 2. The last one broke. Have not touched the new one since. I'm in love with my ps3 and I will be sure to get it fixed if it dies any time soon.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Snotnarok said:
spartan231490 said:
Snotnarok said:
spartan231490 said:
The system has been in the same place, never moved, well ventilated, and along with the other 10 consoles on my shelf, they are well taken care of. The only consoles to have ever broken on me are 2 original Xboxs, seven XBox 360's and 1 big PS2 which I could have fixed by turning a gear in the disc drive.

Standing the system up is not a fix, I know 2 people who've lost games and xbox disc drives from having it stood up. It sounds like, laying down, or standing up it's likely to fail on me if I chose to get this replaced.

Avaholic03 said:
Perhaps you should either:

(a) don't leave your console on for long periods at a time, or
(b) find some way to increase airflow around the console while it's on

RRoD's are mainly caused by overheating. So you should at least take reasonable steps such as not leaving your console running in a confined space.

EDIT: for the record, I bought a used 360 from a friend, it RRoD'd about a year later. But since I got it fixed 3 years ago I haven't had any problems. And it was one of the earlier generation ones.
It's on for maybe 7 hours a week, I only play console games when friends are over.
Standing it up is a fix. If you leave it out of the way, you won't knock it over. I've had mine upright for 3 years and I haven't knocked it over or had it overheat since. You just have to make sure it isn't somewhere in the way. I play my 360 a fuck ton. Prolly 6 or 8 hours a day, almost twice that on the weekends, and since I play mostly FPS I tend to get angry. If I haven't knocked it over, it's not inevitable.

Also, i wouldn't call that well ventalated. It's laying down, it has a wii on it, and it has a VCR right next to it on the other side. It's only well ventalated on the hard-drive side, most of it's vents are blocked at least partially. and if any of that other hardware is running it's going to increase the temperature around the xbox when it's running.

Look, You don't have to believe me, but don't you think there is a reason you've broken 7 360's when most people here, most of whom play more 360 than you, have gone through less than 3 or 4? In your position, I would try standing it up. What have you got to lose?
I decided against standing the console when 2 of my friends discs were ruined in the standing (Not being moved) position. And both of their 360's disc drives failed as well, I've yet to have that issue.

None of the vents are blocked, I've lifted the wii and felt the bottom and touched the top of the 360 neither were even warm. My friend has it shoved his in a little spot with a magazine ontop and it's doing just fine with hours of play per day. This saw barely 16 hours of use per month, it's not an overheating problem. :)

I'm aware the 360 has a overheating problem and the reason I KNOW it's not an overheating problem is because I've done a lot of reading on this. It's just crappy luck.
Like I said, you don't have to believe me, but 7 consoles is not just luck, it's something you're doing. Is it the same console and you're just getting it fixed everytime, if so it could be the equivelent of a lemon with a car. Just a bad console that's going to break over and over again. If it's 7 dif consoles, that I'm still going to say it's not luck.

lostzombies.com

Apr 26, 2010
Snotnarok said:
I don't even know what to say that'll accurately portray how angry I am. Today my SEVENTH Xbox 360 has just died. I've been with the 360 and PS3 very early on but there's one GLARING difference between the two. I've had SEVEN 360's die on me, and the same PS3 has sat on my shelf. 6 of those 360's all died within 5 months. It's not like I played them 24 hours a day in a hot room, my room is always very cold and I really don't play the 360 that often compared to PC.

I called up MS to have my 360 repaired or whatever hoping they'd make this right but no, they want me to pay for the repairs. The repairs for an E74 error being the solder came loose on a chip for the video out, so 100 bucks for that. After seven xbox 360's died on me I don't think I can honestly say I feel like I need to pay for the service. I have a over 11 consoles and all of them I treat very well.

I don't mean for this to come off as a hate rant but I'm just so angry that I've gone through so many and I've seen others use their unit FAR more and had less or NO problems. All my consoles put together haven't broken down as much as this one specific console. And to rub salt in the wound, not 2 months ago my second original Xbox died on me.

TL:DR: My seventh Xbox 360 has died, they refuse to cover it for free and they want me to pay 100 bucks to fix it. No other console has died on me or needed service as much as my 2 Xbox1s and my SEVEN 360's.

I gotta ask you guys how many have you had die on you? Have you had trouble like this with any other console/device? What would you do in this situation?
I'm on #11

This one is a slim though and has been good so far but still, 11 xboxs in what 5 years...yeah

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
spartan231490 said:
Snotnarok said:
spartan231490 said:
Snotnarok said:
spartan231490 said:
The system has been in the same place, never moved, well ventilated, and along with the other 10 consoles on my shelf, they are well taken care of. The only consoles to have ever broken on me are 2 original Xboxs, seven XBox 360's and 1 big PS2 which I could have fixed by turning a gear in the disc drive.

Standing the system up is not a fix, I know 2 people who've lost games and xbox disc drives from having it stood up. It sounds like, laying down, or standing up it's likely to fail on me if I chose to get this replaced.

Avaholic03 said:
Perhaps you should either:

(a) don't leave your console on for long periods at a time, or
(b) find some way to increase airflow around the console while it's on

RRoD's are mainly caused by overheating. So you should at least take reasonable steps such as not leaving your console running in a confined space.

EDIT: for the record, I bought a used 360 from a friend, it RRoD'd about a year later. But since I got it fixed 3 years ago I haven't had any problems. And it was one of the earlier generation ones.
It's on for maybe 7 hours a week, I only play console games when friends are over.
Standing it up is a fix. If you leave it out of the way, you won't knock it over. I've had mine upright for 3 years and I haven't knocked it over or had it overheat since. You just have to make sure it isn't somewhere in the way. I play my 360 a fuck ton. Prolly 6 or 8 hours a day, almost twice that on the weekends, and since I play mostly FPS I tend to get angry. If I haven't knocked it over, it's not inevitable.

Also, i wouldn't call that well ventalated. It's laying down, it has a wii on it, and it has a VCR right next to it on the other side. It's only well ventalated on the hard-drive side, most of it's vents are blocked at least partially. and if any of that other hardware is running it's going to increase the temperature around the xbox when it's running.

Look, You don't have to believe me, but don't you think there is a reason you've broken 7 360's when most people here, most of whom play more 360 than you, have gone through less than 3 or 4? In your position, I would try standing it up. What have you got to lose?
I decided against standing the console when 2 of my friends discs were ruined in the standing (Not being moved) position. And both of their 360's disc drives failed as well, I've yet to have that issue.

None of the vents are blocked, I've lifted the wii and felt the bottom and touched the top of the 360 neither were even warm. My friend has it shoved his in a little spot with a magazine ontop and it's doing just fine with hours of play per day. This saw barely 16 hours of use per month, it's not an overheating problem. :)

I'm aware the 360 has a overheating problem and the reason I KNOW it's not an overheating problem is because I've done a lot of reading on this. It's just crappy luck.
Like I said, you don't have to believe me, but 7 consoles is not just luck, it's something you're doing. Is it the same console and you're just getting it fixed everytime, if so it could be the equivelent of a lemon with a car. Just a bad console that's going to break over and over again. If it's 7 dif consoles, that I'm still going to say it's not luck.
There's nothing to believe, you're simply wrong. My console literally never moves, is never hot when I'm turning it off, I don't put things on or near the vents. I've checked to make sure of this so it wouldn't overheat, after the first one I wanted to make sure it was not something on my end and I made sure this was put up properly. The guy above me lost 11 consoles, I guess he must abuse his system too, or it could just be that some people have awful luck with a product that has a admitted 65% failure rate.

Gmano

Apr 3, 2009
I've had 2 xbox360s since release, the first one lasted for 3+ years until my younger brother broke the disc reader (not the console's fault). The new one to replace it was never had any issues... In fact, I don't know anyone of my friends who have had problems either... maybe the Xboxes in canada are better...

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Snotnarok said:
There's nothing to believe, you're simply wrong. My console literally never moves, is never hot when I'm turning it off, I don't put things on or near the vents. I've checked to make sure of this so it wouldn't overheat, after the first one I wanted to make sure it was not something on my end and I made sure this was put up properly. The guy above me lost 11 consoles, I guess he must abuse his system too, or it could just be that some people have awful luck with a product that has a admitted 65% failure rate.
Stubbornness and denial don't make you right. You haven't had a 65% failure rate. You've had a 700% failure rate. That's almost 11 times higher the systems failure rate. I suppose it's not impossible that you've done nothing wrong, but I find it hard to believe.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
spartan231490 said:
Snotnarok said:
Stubbornness and denial don't make you right. You haven't had a 65% failure rate. You've had a 700% failure rate. That's almost 11 times higher the systems failure rate. I suppose it's not impossible that you've done nothing wrong, but I find it hard to believe.
You're right, store my xbox in my oven and put my drinks on it. Also when I clean it I just fill a tub with water and add some shampoo and dunk the console a few times, after all you have to get the dust out of this thing after all.

I can see what your saying the odds would lead you to think that moron must be treating his console like crap, however see what I'm saying. I'm not a moron, I've got it set out proper and take care of it and barely use it.

I make have a higher end PC that I overclock that I built,and as I've said, 11 other consoles and this is the only one that's ever failed on me. So if I'm doing something wrong, there should be a lot more failures on my shelf. So far it's just the 360's that died.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Snotnarok said:
spartan231490 said:
Snotnarok said:
You're right, store my xbox in my oven and put my drinks on it. Also when I clean it I just fill a tub with water and add some shampoo and dunk the console a few times, after all you have to get the dust out of this thing after all.

I can see what your saying the odds would lead you to think that moron must be treating his console like crap, however see what I'm saying. I'm not a moron, I've got it set out proper and take care of it and barely use it.

I make have a higher end PC that I overclock that I built,and as I've said, 11 other consoles and this is the only one that's ever failed on me. So if I'm doing something wrong, there should be a lot more failures on my shelf. So far it's just the 360's that died.
360 is a special case. It has a lot of ventilation issues and I think you will have a lot of luck with your next one if you put it upright. Do what you want.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
spartan231490 said:
Snotnarok said:
spartan231490 said:
Snotnarok said:

360 is a special case. It has a lot of ventilation issues and I think you will have a lot of luck with your next one if you put it upright. Do what you want.
Okay seriously man, it's sitting on a tabletop with an air conditioner 4 feet from it, ventilation isn't a problem. :)

BitterRebel

Aug 2, 2010
I have problems with both consoles. Went though 6 X360 and 4 PS3. I guess they just wasn't built well this generation. The 360 is cheaper and fast to get repaired. Hopefully the next generation won't have so many problems.

Throwitawaynow

Aug 29, 2010
I've had 1 xbox break, I then owned 2 arcane models. I now own 2 slims after trading in the arcade models. The xbox that broke was several years old.

My PS3 is still kicking, but the cost of the accessories that I've had to replace cost as much as an xbox. Why do mics cost the same as a game? wtf

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
I've never had a problem with my 360. I've had it for four/five years and never had a problem. But damn...seven. I think it's time to take a break from them for a while.

Nov 12, 2010
Heh, XBOX had always been of poor quality. I had to struggle to watch DVD movies on an original XBOX. How cheap do you have to be to screw up something as relatively simple as a DVD playback function?!? That's why I don't own any hardware that has a Microsoft name on it. They might be good at developing software (are they?), but that doesn't make them good at designing hardware.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
I've only had one fail on me, that was a day one 360 that lasted 2 years. My new ones fine, though it may be sulking cause I announced I wanted to trade it in for the new shiny model before ME 3 was released

Gamblerjoe

Oct 25, 2010
i loathe Microsoft and their business practices. theres no excuse for how often 360s break down. i personally am somewhat proficient with taking them apart and cleaning or resoldering parts. if i were not, i never would have even considered buying one in the first place.

FabiotheTurtle

Dec 17, 2010
neo131x said:
FabiotheTurtle said:
neo131x said:
So about a year and a half ago, I sold it and got the new black shiny xbox360 :3 it works!
I gotta Xbox... I gotta big black shiny Xbox....

Anyone else see what I did there, or is that finding the bandwagon recycled as my dining room table?
nope.avi I don't get it?
I got a Car - Shannon Noll.

All right song I guess, but eh.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
I had 1 Xbox 360 die on me, that's it. Maybe your room is too cold? I'm pretty sure going from cold to very hot over and over again is likely to do more damage than going from wam to ver hot...

Heartcafe

Feb 28, 2011
I still have the fatass PS3 from 2006. My baby has never failed me and (HOPEFULLY) won't in the near future :)