Sexy Sex and You

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
To be blunt, I've never really kept count. I think it's close to 30 but that's just a guess off the top of my head.

I'm a guy, so a lot of people find it strange that I don't keep count, like it's something I'm supposed to know immediately so I can win a contest or something.

I wouldn't care how many partners my SO had unless (if I'm being honest) it was really high, like 60+.

Blt3200

Oct 5, 2009
What if there was a bonus question of how many times you have had sex/done sexual things in your life.
what if you had one sexual partner, but have had sex over 100 times with them? on the other hand you could have had 15 sexual partners and maybe done it four or five times with each, or no sex with any of them.

OT:
I have had about 5 sexual partners, I don't feel like that number is too high or low.
A limit on sexual partners, nothing comes to mind except if she is thinking about getting surgery to get it tightened back up.
I mean people usually judge others if they hear about them having all of the sex, I mean i do but not in same hating way, its more or less a curiousness on what the holy grail of that person is.

With the question about reserved sex or no, I honestly am indifferent. If to people wanna have sex, they will have sex no matter upbringing.

I have my own rule though, only have sex with someone i'm dating so its a bit more meaningful. I can't really imagine doing a one night stand, cause sex, for me, should have some emotional weight behind it.

I'm 20 and i lost my Virginity at 18, not cause laws or anything like that, just the age it happened.

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
Colour Scientist said:
So, this is a thread about the number of sexual partners you've had, if any.
Number of partners currently: 0
Number I am unlikely to exceed: 1

Do you think your number is too high, too low or completely meaningless? Do you judge other people based on how many people they've had sex with or think there's a limit to the amount of sexual partners a person should have?
I think that it is largely meaningless up to a point. Its largely a game of numbers, IMO. 5 is not a problem, but 50 will get me to raise an eyebrow and reconsider my thinking of the individual in question. Am I judgey? Perhaps, but I couldnt give any less of a shit, and its not like I can really enforce other peoples sex lives even if I disapprove of them personally.

Do you perhaps think that sex should be reserved for two people who are in a relationship or do you skulk around dance floors and chip shops at four in the morning desperate to find a decent looking randomer to bring home for the night?
In case you couldnt figure it out, relationship for me. In fact, I would take it a step further. LONG-TERM relationships, preferably marriage. Again, its not like I can control how other people do these things, but I personally believe that one night stands are shallow and devalue the beauty that is sex. There is something about taking someone home to do one of the most intimate things known to man for the lolz and then leaving the next day to never see that person again that I think is F'ed up beyond reason, and if any of my friends were to do something like that it would get me to reconsider how I thought about them.

If you've never had a sexual partner, is there a reason you don't want to or has the opportunity just not presented itself?
It certainly ain't for lack of trying. I have been in a relationship with my fiance for 3 1/2 years now, so I could have in theory done it any time within that time period. And thats ignoring possible one night stands in high school etc. (ignoring for a second what I said above. But I am wanting to wait for a variety of reasons:
1) I am scared shitless about getting her pregnant on accident, which in turn will effectively end any ambitions to graduate college and lock me into where I am now. I have no doubts that I will be able to support her in this instance, as there are plenty of jobs in rural areas like mine that pay decently, require no college, and they will provide training. But I would like to get a degree in Political Science and got into politics, and that would be much harder (though not impossible). And while we are on this.....
2) I dont trust Birth Control of any kind. She will NEVER take the pill because she doesnt want to take something that will screw around with her hormones/its something she doesnt need and a waste of money. Condom are cheap and affordable but I dont trust the "97% reliable" thing that people keep throwing out there. And even if it is, I have a totally free, guarenteed 100% effective form of Birth Control I am using right not. Now, in the past, people told me that "Its still safer than doing other things, so why are you freaked out about this one?" The only answer I can provide is "This is different." Make of that what you will.
3) I want to show her that even without sex I will stick around. And that is intentional. Because IMO, if a relationship cant stand without sex, it cant stand at all. "B-but, muh sexual compatability!!1!!1" I can already hear some people saying. Quite frankly, it can go take a long walk off a short pier. There is VERY few problems that cant be solved regarding compatability that you cant talk it out. Because dispite what some will say, you CAN know what you want from sex without having experieanced it since it is hardwired into our very being. If you have a kink that she doesnt like? Then tell her about it and work out some kind of compromise. My Fiance and I have already decided that when our first time comes around on our honeymoon, I will let her have total control and do what she tells me to do because I dont want to hurt her any more than I need to. If it turns out that there is something she is allergic to regarding the sex? They have relatively cheap therapies for that. So I think the "danger" of being "sexually incompatible" is greatly exaggerated and not a reason to have sex before I am married.

Now, do I WANT to have sex. Yes, and its getting harder to not do it the closer it gets to us being married (1 1/12 years, after I am done with college). I am sure my parents would have a talk with me and start changing how they handled this topic if they knew how close we have gotten. We have already had a few, lets call them "dry runs" (We were both fully clothed, you can fill in the blanks from there) and one time we got even closer. While I wont go into too much detail on that one, lets just say: If it wasnt sex, it was DEFINATELY foreplay (and no, that is not code for "We did oral/anal, but those dont count because reasons" because 1) we consider those sex and thus wont do them before marriage and 2) while we are open to anal, neither of us finds the idea of oral appealing anyway). And even if we would LOVE to have sex and will enjoy it when we do, its still not something we will go out of our way for after a while. Sure, we will probably make up for the lost time, what with at least 23 years (at the time we will be married) in hormones to screw out of eachother. But any normal time? We will do multiplayer on TF 2 and Borderlands 2 while keeping our fingers crossed for a Fallout MMO we can play together. Other things we find more appealing than sex would be her writing her fanfiction and making up characters for her favorite shows, which she can do all day. As for me, I will fire up Forza, hop in the Hennessey Venom, hit the highway doing 270 mph, listen to the screaming V8 behind me, while Music [https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hWf1Zvmg7PM] like [https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IV4w3b6dh2s] this [https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qqszqHKIqEk] blares over my Ipod. Its not like we will hate sex, but its not up as high as those other things I mentioned are.

Just my two cents
Including your age would also be helpful.
Her Age: Almost 21 (there is a 3 month difference in age, with me being older)
Total Relationship Time So Far: 3 1/2 Years
Time I could have had if I wasnt blind to Love even when someone tells me they love me in 9th grade and I love them back dont tell them: 5 1/2 years
Virgin Status: Active
Marriage Status: Work in Progress
Relationship Status: God Himself will not tear us apart

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I'm 20, and 7. Four of them were relationships, two were one night stands and one was a weird 'is this going to be a relationship or not?' type thing that didn't work out. I don't really know if that's considered a lot by other people- It doesn't feel like a lot to me, I'm not the kinda guy that goes out to pull and well, it's been a while.

I don't really care about sex. I mean, I like sex, I am definitely pro-sex, but I'm in no hurry to get it and it doesn't bother me what other people get up to. You can sleep with as many people as you like and I'll only object if you try and tell me the details. Personally I prefer sex in relationships because it's a lot more personal and I'll be a lot less self conscious. That's not to say wild, drunken, one night stands aren't fun, but I don't know what it would be like sober and I don't really care so much about their experience.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
I'm 34 and I loss my V at 21. I had opportunities as early as 17 and you have no idea the willpower needed to turn them down, especially hormones doing what they do at that age. but it just wasn't the right time.

One partner, who I'm still with. The number, had I not declined, would have been 2 more. Had I pursued other opportunities, perhaps 2 or 3 more. I don't think the number is high or low and I don't judge other people by their numbers. It's up to each of us to decide when it is right. I do admit that were I single, I would be tempted to experience it with women of varying body types and ethnicity. Big girls, skinny girls, super busty, not busty, very tall, very petite.. Older women. It would be interesting. But I don't think I have it in me to be a man whore.

If I had to do it all again, would I have declined the other two? I'm not sure. Losing your virginity isn't the big a deal we think it will be when we're young. But it has been a nice thing to share with my partner, since I was her first as well.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Three. I'd like more. Inquire within, please. It'll be a lovely time.

I don't know what the general expectation is at 24, but I assure you that I possess the neccessary experience. While I began in this branch at 19, I am a quick learner.

I don't judge people poorly on their sexual matters, only if it is a problem. While more casual sex is great fun, I'd say that the romantic side of it is just too much of a spice to be missing unnoticed. As long as it is mutual and responsibly done, I have nothing bad to say of it.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
20 and still nada. It's the kind of situation where if something was to happen to make it occur I probably wouldn't turn it down but I've never seen it as something I care much about approaching and I'm not doing much to advance that cause.

If people want to do the diddly then that's cool, and I doubt I'd be here without it so that's also cool but the mix of apathy, not wanting a kid and anti-social tendencies prevent it from happening.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
I've not had a sexual partner yet. My reason is in the category of the opportunity has not presented itself.

To put it plainly, there have been no prospects. Or rather, prospects that approach me. I see many a man I'm attracted to but I don't have the guts to approach first. And the guys who have approached me... well, I feel nothing.

And this is especially important because I don't think I have what it takes to do the casual/non-relationship sex thing others do.

I mean, if I can't even understand how people can do it, how it even works in the first place, there's not possible way I can manage it without terrible consequences to me. This includes friends with benefits or any other sexual relationship that can happen with someone you're apparently emotionally attached enough to consider a friend but to not date.

Seriously, just reading that paragraph makes my brain twitch with my utter loss of understanding.

Ergo, when I do have sex eventually, it's gonna have to be with someone I wanna date. And most likely someone I want long term with since planning to date someone for just the short term seems kinda... odd.

None of this is judging anyone else for what they do. You can have all the partners you want. Though if I were to date someone, I'd probably not want to know their history.

I'm 26 years old currently.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
32-year old virgin with a sexual experience level of -0,00. So no, not even a kiss or the prospect of one. Though this isn't too strange when you enter in the fact that I've not had friends since dropping out of high school. Not that high school held any oppertunities in that area, what with me at the time being a cowardly whimp in a constant state of 'deer in the headlights'.

I just don't connect with people (outside of my immediate family) to a point where I feel comfortable enough around them to even be myself. So yeah, it's all on me just being way too dense and unable to relate others. At this point in my life I wouldn't notice a woman showing interest in me if she was licking my face.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Aerosteam said:
Re: losing virginity young. I'm gonna take a guess that those who lost it young are from the UK. Obviously our age of consent is younger and it seems more of a thing to bang when you start developing because we're all filthy animals in this country. (gross facts, I started my periods aged nine and went into secondary school [year 7, 11 y/o] with C cup boobs ;n;) The people saying they lost if at 10 or 12 to and older woman are setting me on edge slightly. I've never once in my life met a developed 10 or 12 year old boy and I'm fairly certain that's rape, depends on how old the woman is.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
EeveeElectro said:
Yeah I guess age of consent has to do with it.

And about boys losing it at around 12... that's really gross, what would the older woman have been thinking? "Imma have sex with a twelve-year-old"? Even Japan thinks that's too young. FUCKING JAPAN.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Aerosteam said:
EeveeElectro said:
Yeah I guess age of consent has to do with it.

And about boys losing it at around 12... that's really gross, what would the older woman have been thinking? "Imma have sex with a twelve-year-old"? Even Japan thinks that's too young. FUCKING JAPAN.
I think I was talking out my arse when I saw someone say they lost it at ten... I'm sure I saw ten somewhere though. I've known guys brag about it before and they just sound ridiculous. "I banged my friends hot mum cos my dick was 12 inches when I was ten hell yeah!" haha.
Most 12 year olds are taller than me, but you literally could not pay me to have sex with one. My own nephew is 11! It makes my stomach churn thinking about doing that myself. BARF.

CitizenM

Oct 16, 2014
Male, Age 38. Technically bi-sexual, functionally homosexual

The number of partners isn't a problem to my mind, but who I've been doing it with is a problem. I've had 2 sexual relationships with women outside of coupling and 3 sexuals relationships with women as a couple. No children, thank gawd. A year ago I came to the realization I was gay.

There shouldn't be any stigmas or restrictions for consenting adults on any aspect of intimacy. Limiting sex to relationships/marriage is an antiquated notion that was not healthy then and should be downright illegal now. This shame/guilt/fear of healthy sexuality is a crime responsible for ills that range from denial of women's rights to persecution of homosexuals. Every generation we delay creates millions more casualties, like me. It has to stop.

Haven't yet had sex with another guy, but the libido is charged in a way it never has been before. I guess it's only a matter of time. I have this feeling I might go a little crazy once I'm past the first hurdle.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
When I was 18 and on a high school boat ride on the Baltic Sea (that's a thing here) I had a girl I liked (not drooled over, but liked) straight up tell me she'd have sex with me later that night if only we ended up in the same cabin. I didn't take the hint. It simply flew over my head. That's the closest call I've had. I'm 22 and my sexual frustration is going from bad to Swoozie.

Speaking of Swoozie, I can't help but look down upon fools who want to save themselves for marriage or even people who entertain the idea of a true-everlasting love with this one person. If I (when I) ever get into a relationship my views might change. I mean, I was against ever having children until I wasn't - might happen with other similar things too.

Single Nights at McCool's I don't really get as they seem like more trouble than they're worth, but to each to their own. However, oh boy, would I like casual sex with someone I knew. Sharing intimacy is something I crave (hence the frustration), and the next question is: why still alone, man? Well, first of all I've been a-okay for most of the time, but the biggest reason is an ever-nagging fear of commitment, responsibility, and change. If I asked a friend or a simple regular acquaintance out for casual sex (that's how you're supposed to do it, right?), everything would change, the person I am in their mind would change, and I'm too afraid it'd be for worse. So that leaves me with meticulously calculated (and thus completely safe) pick-up attempts which have all failed so far. Even on those boat rides.

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
So, this is a thread about the number of sexual partners you've had, if any.
I've had none.

Do you think your number is too high, too low or completely meaningless? Do you judge other people based on how many people they've had sex with or think there's a limit to the amount of sexual partners a person should have?
Considering I'm a male who's 5 years away from wizard status, I'd say it's bad in terms of society. At Uni I had a friend out my virginity to a group of people and it went about as well as expected, that is to say, not well at all. That was the worst instance of scorn and mockery I've ever faced, and that week/month was the most depressed I've ever been. Reputation, for what it was worth, was ruined. Though it didn't mean much, as I wasn't actively seeking to have sex. Most social interactions after that stopped, at least with those people, and I wasn't in a hurry to do more. Though eventually I did.

I don't really judge people based on how many partners they've had. As long as they (hopefully) practice safe sex, it's none of my business.

Do you perhaps think that sex should be reserved for two people who are in a relationship or do you skulk around dance floors and chip shops at four in the morning desperate to find a decent looking randomer to bring home for the night?
I think that entirely depends on the individual(s). I've heard so many different accounts on what the best sex is, I think it all comes down to personal preference.

If you've never had a sexual partner, is there a reason you don't want to or has the opportunity just not presented itself?
There have been times where I probably could have lost the V card. I can count them on one hand. I didn't take the opportunity for basically two reasons. I knew I wouldn't perform, with zero times honing the skill, and the girl who wanted to be alone with me knew that too. That I was a virgin was part of the appeal for her, and I knew she'd be snarky and sarcastic the whole time. It was just her personality. I didn't really want that to be my first time. I somewhat regret that decision now, somewhat. The other reason is that I just don't have a sex drive. I figure if I did, I would have lost the v card a long time ago because, well, that's the reason that drives people to sex, right? I have urges, but not anything excessive. The anxiety of it all doesn't help either.

OpiateChicken

Jul 2, 2009
This is far enough down that probably nobody will reply to it. Someone might because, even though I identify as slightly left-leaning, I believe this site's users are way more left on average than I am, so, whatever.

I'm a 24 year old straight male, almost 25. My number of sexual partners is 7. None of these have been one-night stands; they've all been with people who I was at least a little bit romantically involved with, in some way, and to varying degrees. To me, that number is fine. I wouldn't care if it were slightly lower or higher, but for me sex is an emotionally involved thing, not just something you do. If it were much lower, I'd worry that I wasn't appealing enough to women as relationship material. If it were much higher, I'd worry that I wasn't being genuine in my relationships (I already worry about this sometimes).

As for judging others... I don't overtly, but inside, yeah, a little bit. Whether it's a girl or a guy, I do tend to think weirdly of someone if they've had an obscene amount of partners for their age. For example, I once dated a girl who was 19 (I was 22 at the time). She had had 11 partners in one year, not including me, since she turned 18, according to her. That turned me right off. Same thing with guys, I just start to judge how genuine they might be. Sure, you can do with your body what you choose, all the power to you; to me it just devalues a relationship that I feel should be inherently important. (I'm not religious, in case you were wondering).

Obviously this initial judgment fades as I get to know the person better, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't colour my initial reaction to them. Sure, this is politically incorrect to say, but that's how I feel. I'd never treat someone worse because of it though.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
-Brought to you by Colour Scientist, resident pervert.
I would say, "perverts of the Web, unite!" but that's basically the same as saying, "Web, unite!"

-We haven't had one of these threads for quite a while and I am a nosey creep who loves reading them.
Well I'm a self-hating troglodyte who loves posting in them.

-Do you think your number is too high, too low or completely meaningless?
Given that it's zero, I'm going to go ahead and say too low. I never expected to cover my bedpost with notches but zero is simply depressing. Makes it really hard not to feel sorry for myself. Would have been nice to know a moment's affection and companionship somewhere along the trail of rejection.

-Do you judge other people based on how many people they've had sex with or think there's a limit to the amount of sexual partners a person should have?
Yes and no. I find manwhore/bar-slut "screw as much as humanly possible, anyone, any time, anywhere, don't even bother to learn their names, and if possible be drunk" behavior repugnant. But people have the right to screw as long as the partner is willing, so if that's what you're into, I guess go for it?

Side note, I fully expect I would be judged. I'm old enough now that if I were to tell my date I had never had sex, I expect she'd freak out and leave. No doubt some Escapists arched their eyebrows upon reading "zero."

-Do you perhaps think that sex should be reserved for two people who are in a relationship or do you skulk around dance floors and chip shops at four in the morning desperate to find a decent looking randomer to bring home for the night?
I'd much prefer a stable, trusting relationship. Sex for sex's sake just seems empty. If all I wanted was sex, I expect I could find it. The amount of alcohol I'd have to put in her first would make the proposition morally dubious.

-If you've never had a sexual partner, is there a reason you don't want to or has the opportunity just not presented itself?
I am socially retarded and physically unimpressive. Guys who can talk don't need to be pretty; guys who are pretty don't need to talk. Guys who can't do either are the ones you find slouching alone in the kitchen at every party, trying to look comfortable examining a potted plant, when it's painfully obvious they'd rather be anywhere else. That doesn't mean he doesn't want affection and companionship, but it does mean he knows he isn't going to get it.

-I don't have a problem with one-night stands at all, I just haven't really found myself in that situation.
As long as both people understand that's what it is, I don't have a problem with it either. Wouldn't care to do it myself.

Enjoy knowing more information about my life than you ever wanted to know!
Likewise. Are you tabulating people's answers?

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Twenty and have had no sexual experience so the following opinions are, hm, less than informed but hey, they're what I think.
I could never judge a person based on their sexual whims, it's not really my business anyway.
I'm not as conservative as I used to be but I still probably wouldn't take a one night stand if it was offered, I want my first time to be with someone special, you know?
I've also never been in a relationship so this one might also be subject to change but I'm pretty sure that while I wouldn't try to screw on the first date, I don't want to wait until marriage either. Just anywhere between those two ends that feels comfortable for us both would be fine.