Shamus Plays: WoW #15: The Final Quest

Gabbit

Apr 27, 2009
oh the ending was brilliant, i love the movie ending explanations. I actually laughed pretty hard at that bit.

Shihoudani

Oct 3, 2009
This was an amazing end to a great story. I'm actually sad that it's coming to an end. I was actually surprised that he turned evil in the end, after acting so much like a wuss in the very beginning xD

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
mew4ever23 said:
A nice ending to the series. Now all we need is for blizzard to decide that this would make a fun instance, and implement it.

Norman Blightbringer

I wonder what would have happened if he'd met another sane player...
This would be fantastic.

OT: Yeah, brilliant series. this is why I stopped reading the majority of the quest text.

plunderbunny

Sep 6, 2008
I want to go skiing with Gobstab.

It's a shame to see this end; i've really enjoyed this series. :)

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
DMonkey said:
Oh geez. Weapon skill leveling. Yeah, that got some heavy sighs out of me as well. That sort of repetition really killed MMOs for me.

As for why they put it in, I think they thought it was funny. Blizzard obviously has a sick sense of humor.
There were tricks around it. There was a centaur mob in desolace, one of the khans I think, that was neutral but was aggrod when you had a certain quest. If you didn't have the quest you could attack him but he wouldn't aggro and he was immortal. So you just turned on autoattack and watched some TV until you had maxed skill.

I did the same thing in ultima online, training weapons on the punching bag by putting a screwdriver on my control key overnight.

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
I enjoy the theme here - if MMOs were real, any sane person living in them would cease to be sane or turn evil. Inevitably.

Ciran

Feb 7, 2009
This was a fantastic series, incredibly funny as well. I would love to see Blizzard actually design this in an expansion as a new dungeon/raid.

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
Pugiron said:
Nothing illustrates the stupidity of WoW than the quests, except the fanboys.
I'll agree that the human quests are dumb, but the other races kick serious ass. I've only ever leveled one human for that very reason, I just couldn't stomach more. (Yes, I read quest text dammit.)

For instance, the Draenei and Dwarf areas have really great stuff. I levelled my NElf in Azuremyst so I have no idea about Teldrassil.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
JoeCool385 said:
And we didn't complain about it.
You didn't complain? That questline was HORRIBLE. In fact, most multi-zone quests pre-BC were. *shudders*

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
So that's why Ner'zhul went evil. "I'll show you, mother! I'm good at SOMETHING!"

Could also apply to Sargeras

George Page

Oct 6, 2008
Great storytelling and great series! I looked forward to it each week, and I'm sad now it's ended. Hopefully you'll do your next project in WoW as well.

AdamG3691

Nov 18, 2009
I was expecting norman to get killed and resurrected as a forsaken, then gobstab gets summoned by him again, and they go and plague the world together :p
(with a montage of undead norman killing all of the annoying NPC's from the rest of the series :p)

frans909

Aug 10, 2008
Monty Python-esque dialogue, Stalvan.... *sniff* It is such a shame that all things must end. Great story Shamus, we will miss Norman the lunatic and his trusty Imp.