Shamus Plays: WoW #15: The Final Quest

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
Formica Archonis said:
Great end. Liked the skiing callback to episode 1. I wonder if Norman will enjoy the ball pit of skulls of the stillborn?

stranamente said:
Even if I loved this series (and it's still the most inviting thing to WOW I know), I think you should work more on the ends. They're all on the bitter side.
And that's what makes them so very sweet.

Really, each one is about putting a sane man (i.e. a person with real-world expectations) in a fundamentally insane (i.e. MMO) world. The only real options are to go insane (and start playing along), retreat from the madness (Lulzy and Star on Chest retiring) or fight against the madness (Norman finally living up to his Deathbringer-er name.)
^This. Most MMO roleplaying games, despite the name, really aren't meant for roleplaying. They are just a bunch of generic challenges that make no sense from the perspective of canon or immersion. They are generally just a bunch of repetitive group activities.

Deviluk

Jul 1, 2009
I really enjoyed this series, its sad that its ending! I hope the next one will be from a game I know too well too, so I get the jokes.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
drkchmst said:
I'm a little bit disappointed you went to Darkshire and didn't end it with the quest chain that resurrects a monster that starts destroying town hall :( very entertaining though
Guess the end was not so well thought. I was hping for him to have met abercrombie and by then end when the mayor is crying for help against the beast norman would walk off and say you brought this upon yourselves.

This ending was softer.