Share an awesome anime

Tenkage

May 28, 2010
I know there are plenty of anime and manga out there, but what I want to know is, what are some more other obscure ones. And please give some reasons as to why it is worth the time to look for.
Me I would recomend (thought the squeemish I wouldn't) Blue Gender
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZzdMtaTRms&feature=showob

This anime has giant insects, mechs, guy play, violence, and all sorts of dark twists and turns. Think Star Ship Troopers but extreemly serious.

Edit: I think I should also mention that Hentai is out of the question as postable stuff

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Mushishi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mushishi

It's a bunch of little stories with the only things connecting them being the main character and an overall theme (mushi).
I like it because it doesn't have a giant overarching plot, which will eventually determine the fate of the world.
It's just a bunch of small "feel good" stories.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Clannad.
Its power to induce pollen allergies in people is unrivaled.

Seriously though, it changed how I look at certain things in life, and it changed my attitude towards sad stories.

Tenkage

May 28, 2010
Jonluw said:
Clannad.
Its power to induce pollen allergies in people is unrivaled.

Seriously though, it changed how I look at certain things in life, and it changed my attitude towards sad stories.
Power to induce pollen allergies...sounds like a Sliver age Super Man vllian's power

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
Wolf's Rain
Higurashi Na Koro Ni (i think its spelled like that)
And maybe: Death Note

On the Visual Novel side we have: Fate Stay Night, a MUST read,

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Fucking "Darker Than Black". It's so good you forget its an anime ;D

ZING!

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Darker Than Black, just got into it thanks to someone on this site but so far I am really enjoying it, good characters, good stories and a great soundtrack by Yoko Kanno. Its kinda like Cowboy Bebop as its got that crime-noire feel, its hard to explain though so I recommend people looking it up themselves.

Crenelate

May 27, 2010
First Squad is quite interesting because of the Russian half of production. Has the whole Nazi black magic thing going on.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Alright *cracks knuckles*

I share with you Roujin Z. I saw this one 20 years ago and I still remember it to this day.

Here is the trailer. It's in Japanese, but don't worry about that. Understanding the words will not help with the context.

Also, the Infamous Mad Bull 34. No not the name of an energy drink, which I want to try, but an infamous OVA series from the mid 90s. It is also fortunate that I only need one image to sum up how batshit it is.

Kavok

Sep 25, 2010
I was going through what they had on Netflix and was trying to find some I haven't seen yet, then I came across Gungrave. I really enjoyed it! Of course I could have just been surprised because I went into it with low expectations after watching Gun X Sword but I think its more because it was just a awesome mature anime!

Things go crazy by turning the whole series on its head near the last few episodes which ties into the really strange beginning that you don't really get when you start watching it, but I was lucky enough to give it enough of a chance to stick with it!

Also like someone said (if you haven't seen it) Death Note is really awesome, and I loved Black Lagoon as well if you want a fun/action-y/bloody shoot-em-up anime. Also, I enjoyed Highschool of the Dead a lot as well. Kinda too full of fan-service for my taste but it was an enjoyable ride.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Boku No Pico
Neon Genesis Evangelion!

As for an Anime that isn't totally subjective, I'd say Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. That's pretty much awesome personified into an anime.

Calumon: The one with me? :3

edudewired

Nov 21, 2009
The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Funny, bizarre, amazing. Has 28 episodes 8 of which are pretty much the same, and when I say pretty much I mean their clothes are different. It's wonderful.

Trasch17

Feb 4, 2012
I'll recommend an Anime I never recommended before:
Bounen no Xamdou. I just love it's style:
[youtube=ExhAAA2M4vQ&feature=related}

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Berserk. The mere fact nobody has mentioned it yet in this thread is appalling and, as the resident fanboy of Berserk on the Escapist, i feel the need to rectify this. Say it with me now folks: HAIIIIIII YAI FORCES!

As old as it is, that series is still awesome and the new movie, especially what i heard of the second one, seems to be shaping slowly up to be the same. I would have said read the manga but as you only said to post anime...the anime is what thou shalt receive!

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Fappy said:

ZING!
I was going to be disappointed if I didn't see you post in this thread xD
Jack and Calumon said:
Boku No Pico
Neon Genesis Evangelion!

As for an Anime that isn't totally subjective, I'd say Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. That's pretty much awesome personified into an anime.

+1 to Digimon Tamers and Gurren Lagann. Gurren Lagann pretty much is awesome personified into an anime, just like FLCL is silliness personified into an anime.

I'll just share 1 anime: Zero no Tsukaima. Do you like tsunderes? Of course you do, even if you think you don't :D

Edit: +1 to Darker than Black as well, its so good ^_^

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Tenkage said:
You might want to change the topic title otherwise people are just going to come in here spewing their favourite titles as opposed to hidden gems of titles that few have ever really...

Wait, never mind, already happened.

OT:

Fuujin Monogatari - a slightly strange character design, but an endearing slice-of-life/fantasy series.

Angel Links - the companion series to Outlaw Star and its rather whimsical counterpart.

Chihayafuru - an interesting look at a dying traditional game.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Torrasque said:
Fappy said:

ZING!
I was going to be disappointed if I didn't see you post in this thread xD
Jack and Calumon said:
Boku No Pico
Neon Genesis Evangelion!

+1 to Digimon Tamers and Gurren Lagann. Gurren Lagann pretty much is awesome personified into an anime, just like FLCL is silliness personified into an anime.

I'll just share 1 anime: Zero no Tsukaima. Do you like tsunderes? Of course you do, even if you think you don't :D

Edit: +1 to Darker than Black as well, its so good ^_^
Darker Than Black es #1 en Brazil!