Share some things that make you smile!

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
He screwed the country, he screwed the world, and now he's coming to screw your wine.

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
The confidence and swagger she says this with is mind boggling. Probably a Flat-Earther or Holocaust denier, too.

EDIT: Ok, she's gets a break. I just realized she was probably thinking about the fast food restaurant Popeye's Chicken. Never been on a gameshow, so can't relate to the pressure she might have been under and she probably misunderstood the question. She also appears to be young enough to not have the same level of familiarity with Popeye the cartoon as... well, let's be honest, the entire fucking planet, but chalk it up to nerves and misdirected confidence in a moment when lightning-fast reflexes were a must.

Still... fucking dingbat.

Last edited:

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
The confidence and swagger she says this with is mind boggling. Probably a Flat-Earther or Holocaust denier, too.

EDIT: Ok, she's gets a break. I just realized she was probably thinking about the fast food restaurant Popeye's Chicken. Never been on a gameshow, so can't relate to the pressure she might have been under and she probably misunderstood the question. She also appears to be young enough to not have the same level of familiarity with Popeye the cartoon as... well, let's be honest, the entire fucking planet, but chalk it up to nerves and misdirected confidence in a moment when lightning-fast reflexes were a must.

Still... fucking dingbat.

Yeah, she even says she thought he meant "Popeye's Chicken". Can't wait to ask her who lies in Grant's tomb.

But, been 20 years since I was discussing a teacher asking the class if they knew who Robert Redford is to which they responded in unison, "who?". My personal story, 10 years since asking some young'uns if they knew who the Monkees are. Blank stares. Gotta face it, us older people are dealing with people unfamiliar with our world.

But that swagger was a treat to behold, thanks for posting!

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Yeah, she even says she thought he meant "Popeye's Chicken". Can't wait to ask her who lies in Grant's tomb.

But, been 20 years since I was discussing a teacher asking the class if they knew who Robert Redford is to which they responded in unison, "who?". My personal story, 10 years since asking some young'uns if they knew who the Monkees are. Blank stares. Gotta face it, us older people are dealing with people unfamiliar with our world.

But that swagger was a treat to behold, thanks for posting!
I still feel like my regular, youthful self at nigh 42 years old, but I've come to appreciate that times have changed from my actual youth. There are people of driving age who've never bought a CD. That the few VHS tapes I have lying around are closer to collectibles than practical media. Try telling a 20-something that Netflix started as a service that MAILED you DVDs on loan. Sheesh, I never thought I'd be that guy at such a relatively young age to have to qualify my youth with "back in my day..." But here we are. And my back hurts.

But that doesn't stop me from laughing at youthful ignorance of my common sense, especially when they get cocky thinking they know everything. Sure you built your first computer at the age of 6, but can you do long division?? How about cursive, asshole?? Get off my damn lawn.