Share some things that make you smile!

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Dunno why this popped into my feed...but a quick google search suggests that yes it is indeed a thing.

Short version is that these folks are training to be Ceremonial Guards. You know, the ones who stand stone-faced at military funerals and other functions? Yeah...this is basically 'do not react' training (test?).

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Dunno why this popped into my feed...but a quick google search suggests that yes it is indeed a thing.

Short version is that these folks are training to be Ceremonial Guards. You know, the ones who stand stone-faced at military funerals and other functions? Yeah...this is basically 'do not react' training (test?).

(It's not the name "Biggus Dickus", it's how he says it)

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Meant to post about this a couple days ago: last Friday, we FINALLY got to go to the Elton John concert in Dallas. I wasn't necessarily a fan, but my girlfriend bought tickets to his farewell tour over two YEARS ago for my birthday (because I also play piano, and that's apparently enough reason to buy me tickets to a concert I wouldn't necessarily have cared about myself,) and it was delayed due to the pandemic... then again... then again when Elton John himself contracted COVID. We were at a point where we just wanted her money back, but unless the concert officially cancelled, Ticketmaster wouldn't refund anything. So as the date begrudgingly approached, we were of the "let's just get this over with" mentality. It was extremely cold, and we found ourselves at the W hotel across the street from the concert venue paying exorbitant prices for drinks while we waited for the doors to open.

And it was incredible.

Elton John puts on an amazing show. I almost called the cops because they way he attacks that piano is nothing short of assault if not full-on attempted murder. Great show, and glad we went. John gained a legit fan that day.
I’ve also heard from several that Billy Joel also puts on a great show. Maybe not as much theatrics but from a purely musical perspective. Would be one I’d like to see while he still tours.

Reactions: gorfias

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
And again in the "why is this in my feed" category:

...Honestly? I'm impressed with the drummer's ability to perform at that level in that costume.
This poor guy was probably the only one in his garage metal band that took it seriously. For the first 30 seconds or so I was wondering why he was playing this plodding bullshit with such good action. I bet the wait was just driving him nuts.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Afro Samurai long sleeve T-shirt came in today! I decided to go with the light blue. Matches super well with the contrasting art block coloring.

Reactions: gorfias