Share some things that make you smile!

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Very well then, I shall submit myself as the subject of thine ire, as lightning rod unto a storm, so you may find succour.

Also, in case you need some extra venting, I'm not alone here. Generals is also Belgian. I think Bluegate might be too, tho I'm not sure.
You're a good sport. Consider my ire rescinded... for now.

Reactions: Chimpzy

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Very well then, I shall submit myself as the subject of thine ire, as lightning rod unto a storm, so you may find succour.

Also, in case you need some extra venting, I'm not alone here. Generals is also Belgian. I think Bluegate might be too, tho I'm not sure.
A bit more north-northeastish, mostly eastish probably.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I'm actually just as baffled as you. Unless they're planning on putting you up in an executive suite at a luxury hotel and dine at a Michelin star restaurant for every damn meal, I have no idea what you'd do around here that would cost $14000 for just one week?
Some of that $14,000 could also be liquid spending money for souvenirs or other random experiences that aren’t prepaid. Like say they get $2,000 each on a Mastercard, then the rest of the holiday is $10,000 which factoring in international travel - probably at business class there and back - it sounds like they might cleaving closer to the bone than might be obvious at first glance.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Going to Barnes and Noble and seeing that they've added yet another shelf dedicated to manga. We went from manga being impossible to get, to having a small section dedicated to it, to now having two whole shelves + one small shelf for it. How the times change.

Reactions: gorfias

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Meant to post about this a couple days ago: last Friday, we FINALLY got to go to the Elton John concert in Dallas. I wasn't necessarily a fan, but my girlfriend bought tickets to his farewell tour over two YEARS ago for my birthday (because I also play piano, and that's apparently enough reason to buy me tickets to a concert I wouldn't necessarily have cared about myself,) and it was delayed due to the pandemic... then again... then again when Elton John himself contracted COVID. We were at a point where we just wanted her money back, but unless the concert officially cancelled, Ticketmaster wouldn't refund anything. So as the date begrudgingly approached, we were of the "let's just get this over with" mentality. It was extremely cold, and we found ourselves at the W hotel across the street from the concert venue paying exorbitant prices for drinks while we waited for the doors to open.

And it was incredible.

Elton John puts on an amazing show. I almost called the cops because they way he attacks that piano is nothing short of assault if not full-on attempted murder. Great show, and glad we went. John gained a legit fan that day.

Reactions: gorfias and Worgen

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Since we're apparently on a tattoo kick, our friend Jessica (the train wreck I believe I mentioned in the Complaint thread) decided she wanted another tattoo and wanted to get one with us. My girlfriend, the one who got her first tattoo less than two weeks ago, suggested we go TODAY to have our new tattoos filled in (this after she swore she wasn't going to be one sucked in by tattoo addiction.) The artist recommended against getting ours worked on as they are still really fresh, but I refused to allow that to deter Jessica from getting her new one, "Pita" on her wrist. It's a pet name her mother (who was murdered a few months ago) used to call her. I said casually "you want 'Pain In The Ass' tattooed on your arm?" She looked at me with a wide-eyed stare from a horror film; she had no idea what "P.I.T.A" stood for. Then she fell into a fit of laughter and requested the requisite "periods" between each letter to be added to the design. We just got back, and she can't stop looking at it and giggling. For +30 years of her life, she had no idea where the name came from, but upon reflecting, her sentiment? "This if fucking perfect."

Reactions: gorfias

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Since we're apparently on a tattoo kick, our friend Jessica (the train wreck I believe I mentioned in the Complaint thread) decided she wanted another tattoo and wanted to get one with us. My girlfriend, the one who got her first tattoo less than two weeks ago, suggested we go TODAY to have our new tattoos filled in (this after she swore she wasn't going to be one sucked in by tattoo addiction.) The artist recommended against getting ours worked on as they are still really fresh, but I refused to allow that to deter Jessica from getting her new one, "Pita" on her wrist. It's a pet name her mother (who was murdered a few months ago) used to call her. I said casually "you want 'Pain In The Ass' tattooed on your arm?" She looked at me with a wide-eyed stare from a horror film; she had no idea what "P.I.T.A" stood for. Then she fell into a fit of laughter and requested the requisite "periods" between each letter to be added to the design. We just got back, and she can't stop looking at it and giggling. For +30 years of her life, she had no idea where the name came from, but upon reflecting, her sentiment? "This if fucking perfect."
Well, at least she owns it.

Reactions: Xprimentyl