Share some things that make you smile!

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Fucking. BRILLIANT. I wish this guy was my dad.

Outrageous! Scandalous! Heretical!

Jk, while I thought the ending was a bit weak, I enjoyed it as a nice reinterpretation, since i'm not a classical music snob. Unlike some people I spotted in the crowd who didn't clap at the end and looked like someone shit in their mouth. I suspect they might be. Their loss. As Zappa said: "raised on a diet of [fill in the blank], have experienced a musical universe so small they cannot begin to know what they like."

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I fancy myself pretty good at pool. Been playing since I was 12, and know how to work a table; have more than enough shots off bar bets to my credit. Then I see videos like this of people not only on another level, but on another planet of skill. I've pulled off ONE amazing masse shot in my life in an actual game (a few others just fucking around; ) the idea that anyone out there does shit like this casually all the time is infuriating. Impressive, but infuriating.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I fancy myself pretty good at pool. Been playing since I was 12, and know how to work a table; have more than enough shots off bar bets to my credit. Then I see videos like this of people not only on another level, but on another planet of skill. I've pulled off ONE amazing masse shot in my life in an actual game (a few others just fucking around; ) the idea that anyone out there does shit like this casually all the time is infuriating. Impressive, but infuriating.

By the way some of the shots move, looks like the table is tilted, which changes this. Now, obviously a lot of time and effort and skill went into making the video, more than I could do...but if I were to tilt the table and set things up myself I could make shots that'd look really impressive if they'd been done normally.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
By the way some of the shots move, looks like the table is tilted, which changes this. Now, obviously a lot of time and effort and skill went into making the video, more than I could do...but if I were to tilt the table and set things up myself I could make shots that'd look really impressive if they'd been done normally.
I doubt the table is tilted. For one, the stationary balls would roll. For another, these types of trick shots are fairly common if the talent to pull them off isn't. That's a lot of effort to go through to fake something many people can do legitimately. Not saying it's impossible or definitive, but he shows enough raw skill (masse and jump shots are quite difficult to pull off and miss let alone pull off and make a shot) that I think faking anything he's done wouldn't behoove him, i.e.: Gordon Ramsey wouldn't try and pass off a microwaved meatloaf as something he prepared from scratch given he has the talent to make a genuinely great meatloaf (I'm assuming.)

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I have no idea, but I have the suspicion that if this guy's ever been with a woman, the poor girl probably lay there on her back like a dead fish, waiting for it to be over, maybe check her phone, assuming there was enough time for that.
Likely a closeted homosexual himself. Why exorcize your own demons when you can point the finger at normal people and declare them possessed.

Tangentially, it won't pass the "decency" filters for this forum, so I can't post it if I was even able to find it, but a friend sent me a short video of a couple engaged in doggy-style sex (no nudity or anything graphic, just suggested) of "what you see / what she sees." The man has a sensual view of her back and plump rear end while she looks back and sees his flopping man boobs and giggling belly doing all the work. I laughed for an hour.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I have no idea, but I have the suspicion that if this guy's ever been with a woman, the poor girl probably lay there on her back like a dead fish, waiting for it to be over, maybe check her phone, assuming there was enough time for that.
That really sounds like something that would come from Jesse Lee Peterson.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Dunno who that is, but his wikipedia page shows a spicy tidbit.
Hes a very simple minded conservative internet radio guy who is a pretty decent meme machine because of that simplicity.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
If the past 5 or so years has taught me anything, this comment could have come from either side of the aisle. Fuck the sides debate, both are nuts.
I dunno, nothing sounds more ultra-conservative than the idea that any sexual position with the woman on top emasculates the man to the point of it being suggestively homosexual. The woman on top doing the work ("empowered," as it were,) is a very liberal ideal.

That said, yes, there are looney toons on both sides of the aisle, but the flavor of crazy tends to be pretty distinct; this example was very "right-minded."

Reactions: Thaluikhain