Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Yeah, absolutely.
Problem with all these logical arguments is that they are tiny constrained examples which do not properly map onto the real world.
These philosophers create the scenarios to test how you think and to show your hypocrisy, but what they really show is that you don't understand the logic of your own behavior.
And that's fine, of course you don't, we are living beings and 90% of our behavior is the result of millions of years of evolution and thousands of years of cultural development which has been tried and tested with time.
Almost all human behavior, almost all human moral inconsistency exists for a reason.
These philosophers got up their own ass and decided that their clean little logical examples which have nothing to do with the real world are the real source of truth, well the real world and the way people behave here and how we consider things to be moral or not is just flawed and illogical.
It's astounds me that we ever gave these people any sort of recognition as moral philosophers or gave them any sort of standing.
Ultimately, what I value as a moral argument are the people who have lived real lives telling you what does and does not work in the real world. More of philosophers cannot, and will never, compared to people with that sort of experience.
And yes, it is inconsistent. And yes, it is very intelligent.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA