Share some things that make you smile!

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
That bottom one could be argued to be Brown-Brown, that outrageous mix of cocaine and gunpowder that was allegedly all the rage in Africa.
I'm not sure what purpose the gunpowder serves in that mixture, other than to make smoking it somewhat more hazardous?

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I'm not sure what purpose the gunpowder serves in that mixture, other than to make smoking it somewhat more hazardous?
Gunpowder often contains nitroglycerin which is sometimes prescribed to heart patients as a vasodilator. So I'm guessing they think it'll make the heroin flow better and give a more intense high, or something. Or maybe it's a "show how manly you are" thing.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Gunpowder often contains nitroglycerin which is sometimes prescribed to heart patients as a vasodilator. So I'm guessing they think it'll make the heroin flow better and give a more intense high, or something. Or maybe it's a "show how manly you are" thing.
I think Gordon was saying it was done with cocaine, which is slightly less odd, although either are pretty bizarre.

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I think Gordon was saying it was done with cocaine, which is slightly less odd, although either are pretty bizarre.
There are accounts of such in the memoir of a child soldier. Of course that by no means makes it massively widespread, but it was a thing. And its true that heroin shares the name brown brown (sometimes).

All in all, its a very confusing load of drug crazed nonsense.

I'm no expert on gunpowder but given that heroin is 'cooked' before use, I can't see adding it to the heroin doing much other than causing a small explosion and at best wasting a perfectly good hit of the drug, or at worst divesting the addict in question of a finger or three.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
There are accounts of such in the memoir of a child soldier. Of course that by no means makes it massively widespread, but it was a thing. And its true that heroin shares the name brown brown (sometimes).

All in all, its a very confusing load of drug crazed nonsense.

I'm no expert on gunpowder but given that heroin is 'cooked' before use, I can't see adding it to the heroin doing much other than causing a small explosion and at best wasting a perfectly good hit of the drug, or at worst divesting the addict in question of a finger or three.
I don't think gunpowder explodes very well when wet, so I imagine it would depend on if any of the ingredients of gunpowder dissolve in water/mild acids.