Share some things that make you smile!

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Took my gf to see Cirque Du Soleil's Corteo production last night as a Mother's Day gift, and it was absolutely magical. It was only my second (the first being Kurios a few years ago,) but both are now firmly cemented in my mind as two of the best live performances I've seen PERIOD. How they are able to assemble a troupe of extremely talented and risk-seeking individuals to make nothing short of a beautiful marvel of a display is astonishing. You're so transported into fantasy for a couple of hours, that the walk back to your car and normal, unremarkable life afterward is very humbling.

One highlight that stands out: a "little person" was strapped to 4-5 massive balloons, and while the ringmaster tossed her around on stage showing how buoyant the balloons made her, he shocked the crowd when he bobbed her into the crowd, and let the audience bob her around like a beach ball before returning her to the stage. Gave me faith that in a time of war, mass shootings, political unrest, and a global economy on the brink, we can still be allowed, nay, encouraged and trusted to gather as people and have some whimsical, cooperative fun. 10/10. GO SEE IT.

Reactions: gorfias

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Super excited about the next episode of Witch from Mercury. The one week break has left the fandom slightly feral

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
OMG…how long has it been? Well in any case it’s been ages since I’ve seen Mosh Girl.

Reactions: gorfias

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Went to the pharmacist to pick up a prescription for my gf, and when I gave the young woman the info she required, she said "please tell me you work in radio." I was very confused until she clarified that she felt my voice is very deep and soothing. An older gentleman behind her immediately agreed I had a "radio" voice. I've gotten enough comments that my voice is deep, but never any that I had "radio quality." She even went so far as to get on her phone and write down a website that takes on voice performers to read audio books, advertisements, and whatnot. I was flattered in the moment, but then recalled upon reflection that I hate my current job (most recently even more so,) and would love a new venture that requires naught but my given "talents."

It won't go anywhere, I'm sure, but it did make me smile. Came home and told the gf about it, and she said "hell yeah, you're voice is like butter!" which gave me another nudge to maybe try something new. I'm still in the flattered stage, and not expecting much of anything, but if I can get a gig reading dime-store novels for lonely housewives and their yearning naughty bits, it'd honestly be more rewarding than my current gig pulling data for a tenuous supply chain that celebrates "close enough" as a win.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Went to the pharmacist to pick up a prescription for my gf, and when I gave the young woman the info she required, she said "please tell me you work in radio." I was very confused until she clarified that she felt my voice is very deep and soothing. An older gentleman behind her immediately agreed I had a "radio" voice. I've gotten enough comments that my voice is deep, but never any that I had "radio quality." She even went so far as to get on her phone and write down a website that takes on voice performers to read audio books, advertisements, and whatnot. I was flattered in the moment, but then recalled upon reflection that I hate my current job (most recently even more so,) and would love a new venture that requires naught but my given "talents."

It won't go anywhere, I'm sure, but it did make me smile. Came home and told the gf about it, and she said "hell yeah, you're voice is like butter!" which gave me another nudge to maybe try something new. I'm still in the flattered stage, and not expecting much of anything, but if I can get a gig reading dime-store novels for lonely housewives and their yearning naughty bits, it'd honestly be more rewarding than my current gig pulling data for a tenuous supply chain that celebrates "close enough" as a win.
I've been told that, myself. Though, if you hate your jobs, why not give it a go? Maybe it won't be a big career, but if you do a little bit, you've got an interesting life story if nothing else.

Reactions: Xprimentyl