Share some things that make you smile!

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Ah, then I guess he wouldn't be interested in Jussipussi. Finnish brand of bread rolls.

Tho the concept of literal penis-flavored soup did make my imagination run wild. Like how flavor chemists would go about creating new varieties. Oh, and the obligatory group focus testing. All the highest of brow, of course.
Reminds me of one of my favorite lines from "The Office," the warehouse guys won the lottery and invested their winnings in a soft drink for Asian homosexuals.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
...Sometimes I wonder what it says about me that I springboard off other poster's contributions so often. Regardless, that last image reminded me of of a little clip about some grebes doing...well, it looks like a water ballet.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
...Sometimes I wonder what it says about me that I springboard off other poster's contributions so often. Regardless, that last image reminded me of of a little clip about some grebes doing...well, it looks like a water ballet.

That's how I've always initiated it. But I think it is starting to irk my wife.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I thought this'd just be a bunch of Star Wars ships, but it gets pretty crazy.

That was really cool and loved the inclusion of so many diverse continuities!
It showed the ship inside the cloud in Star Trek the Motion Picture. I don't recall how big the cloud itself was supposed to be.
ITMT: In this book, this thing (Orbitsville) was supposed to be so large that a ship would need to do light speed for a year to travel its circumference:

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
This thing was supposed to be so large that a ship would need to do light speed for a year to travel its circumference:
Been a long long time since I watched that movie, but iirc V'ger's cloud was something like 80 au (astronimical units) i.e. the average distance from the Sun to Earth or about 150 million kilometers (93 million miles). Multiply by 80 is roughly 12 billion kilometers (7,5 billion miles)

That's big. If you were to center V'ger over the sun, it would extend all the way to the orbit of Pluto. But a lightyear is bigger. Several orders of magnitude bigger. It's a mighty 9,46 trillion kilometers (5,88 trillion miles). And that's really big. Space is really big. How big?

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Been a long long time since I watched that movie, but iirc V'ger's cloud was something like 80 au (astronimical units) i.e. the average distance from the Sun to Earth or about 150 million kilometers (93 million miles). Multiply by 80 is roughly 12 billion kilometers (7,5 billion miles)

That's big. If you were to center V'ger over the sun, it would extend all the way to the orbit of Pluto. But a lightyear is bigger. Several orders of magnitude bigger. It's a mighty 9,46 trillion kilometers (5,88 trillion miles). And that's really big. Space is really big. How big?

So... 42? :)
But seriously, I edited my post hoping it makes it clear the light year refers to the ship in the book I linked. So, V'ger's about the biggest thing I've seen in movies. Orbitsville takes a year at light speed to go around.

Last edited:

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
This dog's human has been in the hospital and lost 50 lbs so until he smells him, the man is a stranger to this dog. And then...

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde