Share some things that make you smile!

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Ryoko Kui's got good taste
Yes, she does. Shame Dungeon Meshi finished. Not a lot of good fantasy manga around ever since the genre got infested with trashy isekais. What a banger tho. Wonder if she's cooking up something new. Did a couple short story collections before, but those don't seem to have gotten translated.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Yes, she does. Shame Dungeon Meshi finished. Not a lot of good fantasy manga around ever since the genre got infested with trashy isekais. What a banger tho. Wonder if she's cooking up something new. Did a couple short story collections before, but those don't seem to have gotten translated.
Seven Little Sons of the Dragon did, and it's pretty great. Kinda wild the other two didn't, and there isn't a collection of her other random one-shots. If they don't bring out the collected Daydream Hour art book and expanded Adventurer's Bible in English I'm gonna riot. Huge amount of epilogue stuff in the later and the former is like 230 pages.

Have you seen her one-shot in Glamorous Fellows? It was a Harta magazine code redemption or something in 2018 that we only got scans for late last year

hanselthecaretaker2

Flask restoration in progress
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

That second one made me think of something I heard on the radio this AM -

Also for my originally planned post -

Am I messed up to think that when they said, “Finally they closed in on the shore…” it could’ve alternatively been followed up with, “…they decided to drown the monkey anyways.”

Or maybe, “…A saltwater croc snatched the monkey clean off the stick!”

:|

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Am I messed up to think that when they said, “Finally they closed in on the shore…” it could’ve alternatively been followed up with, “…they decided to drown the monkey anyways.”

Or maybe, “…A saltwater croc snatched the monkey clean off the stick!”

:|
1708700573043.png

There is good in this world, but not such much that some evil doesn't have it's comedic place. As dark as those thoughts were, I went there with you and chuckled.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

This is hilarious, but at the same time I feel many public speakers have forgotten these simple but important lessons.