Share some things that make you smile!

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

This is possibly one of the shittiest movies ever made, but, and I missed this until basically right now, it opens up with one of the Internet's favourite jokes about Australia and for some reason that just makes me cackle.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
This gin is the product of my favorite Formula 1 driver (Valtteri Bottas) and his girlfriend (Tiffany Cromwell.) A friend of ours visited Finland recently, and before he left, I asked him to try and find this for me. My expectations were low, but yesterday, he invited us out for drinks only to slide this bottle across the table to me. I can't believe it. I won't be opening it. As much as I want to taste it, this is a keepsake. Another friend is slated to go to Finland (what are the odds?) in October. If he can get me another bottle, I'll drink that one, but this one? This one is my keeper. @McElroy, I am absolutely stupid happy right now.

View attachment 9408
Pursuant to my post from last August, my friend who was supposed to visit Finland to procure me another bottle of Oath gin I could open and drink had to postpone his trip until February of this year. Then, he had to cancel it altogether; he apologized for not being able to get me a bottle. What he didn't tell me was that he wasn't travelling there alone; his friend was still going, and he tasked him with getting me a bottle. Classic deception by omission. He popped in last night with this very unexpected surprise; he wanted us to have for the first race of the season this weekend.

I cracked it open, and we each had a VERY small shot just to get to taste it finally. Oh, it's gooood stuff. Very fragrant and strong, but extremely smooth. If it was readily available in America, I could see myself keeping it stocked in my house. But as it is still basically impossible to come by Oath gin in America, this opened bottled will be relegated to "race day only," small shots to toast Bottas a good race.

1709220644192.png

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
One of my mom's cats saw a mouse get caught by another cat in the kitchen and now every time she's in there she spins in circles chasing the shadow of her tail. She's not a very bright cat.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
My gf and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary yesterday. Went out to eat, and across the way was an Andretti indoor karting facility. We signed up, but had a two-hour wait, so decided to just drive in the simulator, and save the karting for my birthday in a couple of weeks. We had a blast. I've been karting, and played a few F1 games in my day, but my gf had never done either, and she gained such a huge respect for the sport we both love. The simulator, well, "simulated" G-forces and showed her what an F1 driver really has to deal with at speeds upwards of 200mph. I could hear her laughing and exclaiming the whole time; she was on an adrenaline high for like the next two hours! It was so much fun. Can't wait to see her in an actual kart.