Share some things that make you smile!

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
How about a whole bunch of race car drivers failing to finish a race all at once?
I hope I'm not the only one who immediately was hoping that all the racers got out of their cars and started sprinting to the finish line.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
How about a whole bunch of race car drivers failing to finish a race all at once?

I have difficulty watching racing wrecks. My Dad's last race there were dips in the track and sent him airborn, he flipped three times nose over tail exploded and flipped two more times NOS melted his windshield and was pumping straight in his face, his firesuit and gear protected most of that but he still had extreme burns on part of his face neck and hands due to just how bad it was and he was hanging by threads left on his safety harness. My little brother was doing his homework on the side of the track and when he went airborne and started flipping my uncle started running from the pit towards him screaming. They covered him in foam and my Dad was care flighted and so very lucky he did not die from that. Roll cages and safety harnesses are amazing. He was only burnt due to metal from the wreck damaging his gear during the accident and it allowed some of the fire/ fuel to get in. I still have nightmares about that though so I have difficulty watching any races without thinking about it. It was the worst wreck in the tracks history. The owner of the track said that he still has nightmares about that wreck as well and now checks the track to make sure there are no dips with much more scrutiny from what he said at my father's funeral so I am not alone in that. No one thought someone could survive that, it was like a plane crash without wings... Roundy races don't go as fast as drag racing, but there are so many of them in the track at once, they have terrible wrecks as well, and they have them more frequently.

Last edited:

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I have difficulty watching racing wrecks. My Dad's last race there were dips in the track and sent him airborn, he flipped three times nose over tail exploded and flipped two more times NOS melted his windshield and was pumping straight in his face, his firesuit and gear protected most of that but he still had extreme burns on part of his face neck and hands due to just how bad it was and he was hanging by threads left on his safety harness. My little brother was doing his homework on the side of the track and when he went airborne and started flipping my uncle started running from the pit towards him screaming. They covered him in foam and my Dad was care flighted and so very lucky he did not die from that. Roll cages and safety harnesses are amazing. He was only burnt due to metal from the wreck danging his gear during the accident and it allowed some of the fire/ fuel to get in. I still have nightmares about that though so I have difficulty watching any races without thinking about it. It was the worst wreck in the tracks history. The owner of the track said that he still has nightmares about that wreck as well and now checks the track to make sure there are no dips with much more scrutiny from what he said at my father's funeral so I am not alone in that. No one thought someone could survive that, it was like a plane crash without wings... Roundy races don't go as fast as drag racing, but there are so many of them in the track at once, they have terrible wrecks as well, and they have them more frequently.
Lil, seriously. Why haven't you written an auto-biography yet?

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Who else likes trains?
Was fun flattening pennies on the railroad tracks as kids.. I also loved my HO scale trainset that had an IRS building on fire that had smoke coming out of it and lights, It was one just like this:

But I made it better by making tiny files, papers and money that looked all burnt all scattered everywhere in the street and ground so it was pretty funny.
OTOH, My grandmothers car was hit by a train with her and my cousin inside and she was in a coma for weeks so that was pretty scary. It helps though that I wasn't there to see that one so at least that doesn't give me nightmares like the racing accident with my Dad.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
LOL! I am supposed to exploit my family and friends to read about stuff they already know about? X D

The people who would buy it were already there.
Exploit? No. I see it as making your case. The proof of your experiences being presented to people so as to say, this is why x. Both you and Obsidion I think would be able to make inroads for your beliefs and causes through your words. I think both of you could move hearts and minds that way.

Reactions: lil devils x

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This reminds me of my first playthrough of DMC3, but I died constantly at Agni and Rudra.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
We were doing acrobatics and parkour on the monkey bars.
The MOON CLIMBER OTOH was for American Gladiator. XD
Back when I was a wee little chimplet there was this big jungle gym in a playground nearby. Was like 2.5-3m tall (8-10ft) and had this big, tall bushes right next to it. So obviously we all jumped off the jungle gym, into those bushes. Which worked cuz it was one of those plants with lots of leaves and strong but flexible branches, so it cushioned really well. Until a year later when they'd replaced it over wintertime with a different bush. One with inch long woody thorns. And, being stupid kids, we didn't think anything of the difference until jumping in.

Last edited:

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Back when I was a wee little chimplet there was this big jungle gym in a playground nearby. Was like 2.5-3m tall (8-10ft) and had this big, tall bushes right next to it. So obviously we all jumped off the jungle gym, into those bushes. Which worked cuz it was one of those plants with lots of leaves and strong but flexible branches, so it cushioned really well. Until a year later when they'd replaced it over wintertime with a different bush. One with inch long woody thorns. And, being stupid kids, we didn't think anything of the difference until jumping in.
OUCH!! D:
In our Indoor Gym at school when I was12, behind the top of bleachers had these windows they opened or closed depending on the weather outside that you could climb out onto the roof through, but having windows that could be opened by students was a horrible idea, as of COURSE we went out onto the roof of the school and jumped off the back of the building into the bushes there too and then went wherever we wanted after that for a while..

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
We were doing acrobatics and parkour on the monkey bars.
The MOON CLIMBER OTOH was for American Gladiator. XD

Oh man, that dome jungle gym thing, I remember that well in elementary school. We used to play a game that was kind of a variation on "the floor is lava" but it was a toilet. Basically one person was on the outside of the dome, and others were hanging from the interior by their hands. If I recall correctly (which, shit 35 years ago, so probably not that well), the ground was the water of the toilet bowl, and the person on the outside of the dome, would try and scurry around, and smack your hands to make you fall down into the "water", then if they were able to get to the top connection plate, and press it, you were "flushed", and out of the game. So the people inside would try and swing around, avoiding being smacked and so on. It was very fun.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
OUCH!! D:
In our Indoor Gym at school when I was12, behind the top of bleachers had these windows they opened or closed depending on the weather outside that you could climb out onto the roof through, but having windows that could be opened by students was a horrible idea, as of COURSE we went out onto the roof of the school and jumped off the back of the building into the bushes there too and then went wherever we wanted after that for a while..
Honestly, the stuff we did as kids was nothing compared to the crap we pulled as teenagers, what with enforcement against selling alcohol to minors still being really lax back then, so getting your hands on hard liquor was ridiculously easy. Like one time we wanted to make a campfire. So we "borrowed" some firewood from behind the local scout chapter's club house.

It ended up near burned to the ground.

Wasn't just some small wooden shack either, but a brick & mortal one story building with plumbing and electricity and everything. Fire department had to call in reinforcements from the town over cuz the fire was threatening to spread to a nearby patch of trees that was in turn close to a forest. Police investigated and such, tho none of us got caught.