Share some things that make you smile!

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
And the herd is thusly ultimately thinned of ignorance. Ignorance only spreads to the ignorant; fighting it with logic and reason is like trying to swim up a waterfall, and a waste of precious energy.
And then the ignorant win significant political power and doom us all

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Watching the Today Show this morning, and during the segment where Al Roker says happy birthday to recent centenarians, one guy's name was "Al Altig," and he's from Ogallala, Nebraska. Gee, thanks, mom and dad; we couldn't move away from all the additional L's and A's before giving me an alliterative joke for a name?

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
So in other "What's in my Youtube Feed Today" news:

Aang v. Korra sparring...as kitties for some reason. Hell if I know why they're cats, but frankly, I don't care because the animation pulls it off.

Reactions: BrawlMan

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Also, on an unrelated note but to the same end -
Can't wait for this to get voted into existence, making life easier and pissing off Apple in one go, a win win.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
First, the set-up. My girlfriend wouldn't hurt a fly and doesn't appreciate dark humor, both to an excruciatingly painful degree given my ruthlessly dark sense of humor. We're watching the Indy Car Race in Long Beach, California which featured the RMS Queen Mary, an ocean liner which we saw on the Today show several days ago; they were talking about the millions of dollars of tax payers' money necessary to renovate it versus just taking it out to sea and sinking it.

Me: "That ship is huge!"
Her: "Yeah, they should just sink it. Spend the money on the city and for the homeless."
Me: "They could put the homeless on that big-ass ship. Free rent."
Her: "And then sink it."

I laughed for a solid 2 minutes. That statement is completely uncharacteristic of her; her comedic timing was perfect; it was priceless. She proceeded to apologize for saying it, but I won't let her live it down. EVER. She said it, and it was hilarious; I hope I'm rubbing off on her.