Shia LaBeouf Slams the Wii

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
I like Shia. THis only makes me like him more.

I refuse to support nintendo until they get a game plan(That's not a clever pun) and come out with a competetive console. One that actually does the job of competing in the market. Oh, and a new game. Mario is a tired old dog. Tired and we're sick of him. Take him out back, with Sonic, send them the way of Ol' Yeller, and actually create a new game. Prefferably one that doesn't suck. On a console that doesn't suck. That doesn't involve waving your arms around like a quadrapalegic that just regained the use of all their limbs.

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
i don't give a rat's ass which console shia lebeouf likes. i just feel he didn't need to personally insult me and all other Wii owners. people have different tastes. hell, some people even like shia lebeouf apparently.
ShadowKatt said:
I like Shia. THis only makes me like him more.

I refuse to support nintendo until they get a game plan(That's not a clever pun) and come out with a competetive console. One that actually does the job of competing in the market

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_(seventh_generation)#Sales_standings

ShadowKatt said:
Prefferably one that doesn't suck. On a console that doesn't suck. That doesn't involve waving your arms around like a quadrapalegic that just regained the use of all their limbs.
i've got bad news for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Natal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Motion_Controller

sabotstarr

Sep 4, 2008
RollForInitiative said:
I find it kind of funny. I'm a pretty hardcore gamer myself and even I own a Wii.

I just don't turn it on very often.
same....but only for a few select awesome games(Animal crossing) other than that tho it is worthless. But he did kinda overreact.

Devildoc

Mar 26, 2009
weeman3000 said:
Devildoc said:
weeman3000 said:
Devildoc said:
rickthetrick said:
I'm sorry...wait no Im not! the wii is an innovative and fun system that Microsoft and Sony are now trying to copy. Great if you have friends, but other than that it can still be fun, though there are probably more single player games on the other 2 consoles.
There fixed that for you

seriously have any of you Wii hating people ever tried the system... and played anything other than Wii sports?
I played a sonic game, a wwe game, a zelda game and all the sports things and they all just had me stand and waggle my arms around like a twat.

Did i miss something?

I sold mine to an old workmate and havn't missed it since, but then again i'm not apart of this generation of ADD inflicted lemons who don't have the patience to sit down and play a real game.

=)?
Hmm I must have played a different Zelda game on the Wii then because I remember playing Zelda sitting down and just doing a little flick of the wrist to use my sword, not waving my arms around like a twat.

Guess what? I also play "real games".

Good of you to completely limit yourself though. I'm 28 (and no ADD) and frankly I've gotten more entertainment out of the Wii than I have from a console in a long time. If it wasn't for the Wii, I wouldn't have bought any console this generation, I would have stuck to PC like I did for the past 2 generations. The Wii brought new interest in consoles back to me. Prior to the Wii, consoles had very little to offer to a PC gamer, what.. you console gamers are just in the past few years enjoying high definition gaming? PC gamers have been enjoying HD gaming since the turn of the century! The Wii put something new and different, that I couldn't replicate on my PC, back into the console world.

Frankly I find that the most "hardcore" anti-Wii "Wii is for children" people are young teens and "adults" who are still under drinking age. It's actually VERY funny to hear someone under the age of 18 claim that the Xbox 360 and PS3 are for "mature gamers".
You presented your opinion and i presented mine, why does half of your retort sound like you're trying to insult me on a personal level? I'm sorry if i hurt the feelings of your precious console that saved you from an early midlife crisis but all i did was wave my arms around like a twat during all of the games i played.

You have no idea how old i, or anyone else who makes claims about how 'casual' wii's are so please leave the condescending shit out of the discussion.

Gratz on been a pc gamer though, it must be a great source of pride.. everyone knows pc gamers are the height of social society nowadays =D

And by the way, limited myself? firstly you're the one who only owns a pc and a wii, i own a gaming pc, a ps3, an xbox 360 and a psp... what exactly am i missing out on? a console which was made with children in mind that might have a couple of gems at best? i play games to relax and throwing around a white dildo isn't something that i find very relaxing.
I own a PC, a Wii, a DS, and a 360...

and somewhere boxed up at my mom's house is a SNES, a NES, a grey brick Gameboy, and a Gameboy color.

I'll buy a PS3 when a few more games for it come out that I'll actually play (here's looking at you, GoW3).

Then again, I don't play games to "relax" I play games to be entertained. Gotta have a little more stimulation in it, either mentally, or physically. If I just want to veg out and "relax" that's what passive activities like watching TV or movies are for.

Devildoc

Mar 26, 2009
humanizer said:
Well he probably got into ranting on the Wii like most hardcore gamers (because it does) but I would say something similar about the Wii maybe not "amateur" but very "kid freindly" to a point where we don't play it but if Megan Fox asked me to play a LEGO game I would not turn that down.
ALL the consoles are "kid friendly"

If you think otherwise, you're bs'ing yourselves.

So a 360 or PS3 has more "MATURE GAEMS FOR MATURE GAMERS LIKE MYSELF" ? Guess what, There's plenty of 10 year olds convincing their parents to buy them Gears of War and Halo for their 360..

Young children LOVE that Mature rating gaming stuff, you know why? BECAUSE IT MAKES THEM THINK THEY'RE MORE ADULT. It's like kids smoking cigarettes.

In fact, THE most "hardcore" anti-Wii gamers, are young children (more specifically young teens). They think it's "hardcore" to hate the Wii and call the Wii a system for "children" and claim the 360 and PS3 have more "mature" games. Guess what, doesn't matter what system they play, they're still in middle school, they're still kids. They're just buying into that adolescent rebellion crap that everyone goes through at that age. I was 12 and playing Mortal Kombat in the arcades, watching R rated movies, etc. In fact, when I was 6, it was a big deal to try and convince my mom to let me watch Friday the 13th slasher movies with my dad.

Don't act dumb, everyone knows that lots of violence, gore, and sex doesn't make it "mature" it only makes it so that the government doesn't want children to see it.. but those children themselves love that stuff. Slapping an adult label on it only makes them want it more.

Face it, kids ages 3+ are playing all 3 consoles. I'll bet when you play KZ2 or Halo 3 online you're playing with at least one kid under the age of 12, and that kid is thinking about how awesome he is to play a "grownup" game.

rickthetrick

Jun 19, 2009
weeman3000 said:
Devildoc said:
rickthetrick said:
I'm sorry...wait no Im not! the wii is an innovative and fun system that Microsoft and Sony are now trying to copy. Great if you have friends, but other than that it can still be fun, though there are probably more single player games on the other 2 consoles.
There fixed that for you

seriously have any of you Wii hating people ever tried the system... and played anything other than Wii sports?
I played a sonic game, a wwe game, a zelda game and all the sports things and they all just had me stand and waggle my arms around like a twat.

Did i miss something?

I sold mine to an old workmate and havn't missed it since, but then again i'm not apart of this generation of ADD inflicted lemons who don't have the patience to sit down and play a real game.

=)?
WOW so it's okay to hit quote and rewrite what I wrote? Cool I'm gonna do that to everyone now. I'll start with moderators and work my way down. Okay there's some obvious sarcasm in there, but really is that necessary? Re wording my post is a form of censorship, and it's sad if you need to do that to make yourself feel better.

humanizer

Jun 25, 2009
Devildoc said:
humanizer said:
Well he probably got into ranting on the Wii like most hardcore gamers (because it does) but I would say something similar about the Wii maybe not "amateur" but very "kid freindly" to a point where we don't play it but if Megan Fox asked me to play a LEGO game I would not turn that down.

So a 360 or PS3 has more "MATURE GAEMS FOR MATURE GAMERS LIKE MYSELF" ? Guess what, There's plenty of 10 year olds convincing their parents to buy them Gears of War and Halo for their 360..

Young children LOVE that Mature rating gaming stuff, you know why? BECAUSE IT MAKES THEM THINK THEY'RE MORE ADULT. It's like kids smoking cigarettes.

In fact, THE most "hardcore" anti-Wii gamers, are young children (more specifically young teens). They think it's "hardcore" to hate the Wii and call the Wii a system for "children" and claim the 360 and PS3 have more "mature" games. Guess what, doesn't matter what system they play, they're still in middle school, they're still kids. They're just buying into that adolescent rebellion crap that everyone goes through at that age. I was 12 and playing Mortal Kombat in the arcades, watching R rated movies, etc. In fact, when I was 6, it was a big deal to try and convince my mom to let me watch Friday the 13th slasher movies with my dad.

Don't act dumb, everyone knows that lots of violence, gore, and sex doesn't make it "mature" it only makes it so that the government doesn't want children to see it.. but those children themselves love that stuff. Slapping an adult label on it only makes them want it more.

Face it, kids ages 3+ are playing all 3 consoles. I'll bet when you play KZ2 or Halo 3 online you're playing with at least one kid under the age of 12, and that kid is thinking about how awesome he is to play a "grownup" game.
I'm gonna tell my mommy you big poopy face (cries lke a baby.)
I said they were too freindly with kids as in no one over the age of ten wants to play a Wii except girls, and good parents who are not lazy, pathetic slobs who let their kids smoke pot and do whatever the hell they want will NOT let their kids play M rated games unfortunately this responsible kind of parenting seems to be disapearing replaced by a more liberal, selfish and lazy kind of parents that when their kids turn into murderers, rapists, psychopaths and drug abusers/dealers they try to find something else to blame other than themselves when the truth is that they are the ones to blame.
Halo is throwing away the half retarded plot a very kid oriented game. the aliens look goofy, grunts act goofy and the plasma weapons seem to be made by Fisher Price. any parent that alows themselves to be convinced to buy Gears, GTA 4, and any other game resembling that needs their children taken away and the parents need their teeth kicked in for being so stupid.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Anarchy In Detroit said:
My opinion of him just went up that's for sure.

I don't take what actors say so seriously. They're people entitled to opinions like the rest of us, the only difference is that they get quoted. Certainly what they say is no more credible or impactful than anyone else too.

Face it, all of you whining because he's an actor are just pissed because...

1) Nobody cares about your opinion. Probably because you're not the it kid in a slew of shitty movies. Sucks, but it's true.

2) You're not a successful (against all logic in this case) actor.

3) You're a redneck upset at the liberal media telling you to think your Wii is in fact a system for full of sh*t 6 year olds.
This. If it was just a "normal" person that said this, it would just be passed off as another opinion. But if it comes from someone famous, then it's a real big deal.

In this case, I can imagine all the aggro isn't over the fact that he has an opinion regarding the Wii, but more the fact that he has now starred in two rather average Transformers movie, as well as "supposedly" ruining the Indiana Jones franchise.

The latter of which hasn't actually happened, by the way. For the record, I found Indy 4 to be a perfectly respectable addition to the series.

Devildoc

Mar 26, 2009
humanizer said:
Devildoc said:
humanizer said:

I said they were too freindly with kids as in no one over the age of ten wants to play a Wii except girls, and good parents who are not lazy, pathetic slobs who let their kids smoke pot and do whatever the hell they want will NOT let their kids play M rated games unfortunately this responsible kind of parenting seems to be disapearing replaced by a more liberal, selfish and lazy kind of parents that when their kids turn into murderers, rapists, psychopaths and drug abusers/dealers they try to find something else to blame other than themselves when the truth is that they are the ones to blame.
Halo is throwing away the half retarded plot a very kid oriented game. the aliens look goofy, grunts act goofy and the plasma weapons seem to be made by Fisher Price. any parent that alows themselves to be convinced to buy Gears, GTA 4, and any other game resembling that needs their children taken away and the parents need their teeth kicked in for being so stupid.
Again with stereotypes.. can you anti-Wii people stop making strawmen for once and see things as they really are?

There's a lot of people, of all ages, who will play the Wii. E for everyone means everyone, not just children. I think a resounding majority of people who've tried out super mario galaxy have had a blast playing it, people of all ages. In fact let's go back to Mr LaBeouf, who claims to sing super mario bros theme in the shower (as ridiculous of a claim as that is, again he's just trying to project an image to gain acceptance from a group of people that he feels some familiarity with, he's talking himself up), he claims Nintendo is alienating their core fan group. I think they haven't. Look at all the Mario games that have ever been created, and their core fans will be people who grew up playing SMB, SMB3, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, etc.

They've always been colorful, cartoony looking platformers with the main emphasis being on fun and gameplay with some emphasis on timing/coordination/challenge. It's never been about story, it's never been about any particular age group they were trying to appeal to.. they were trying to appeal to everyone who might buy their console and play their games, the main goal was to have a game that's fun to play.

That is, the main goal they're still working with. They don't go in with a story and build up from that, and while other developers have focused on story, graphics, and presentation, increasing violence since it's acceptable to (provided it gets an M label), Nintendo still starts off with a very basic concept and then the next thing that goes into the game is how it should play. Story, graphics/art and all that are afterthoughts.

It's other companies that are changing as the times go on. Nintendo is sticking to its roots. Colorful, cartoony looking games that appeal to as broad of an age group as possible, with a focus on fun gameplay mechanics. They developed the Wii and its remote because they thought it would make playing the games more fun, that it would be more involving and perhaps attract more people who don't play video games to try them out. They did that with the NES as well, instead of using a keyboard or joystick to play games, they developed simple gamepads, with something called a D-pad.. to attract people who hadn't played video games before.

But anyway, there are "mature" games for the platform and there are adults who play the platform that are not parents or women. They're just adults that aren't preoccupied with having some "hardcore gamer" image they're trying to protect (which is pretty pathetic really).

As for your other stereotypes.. violent games aren't what make people psychopaths and killers and rapists.. every once in awhile there's a claim that a person was inspired by a video game and went on some GTA style rampage..

Guess what? The person was already sick in the head to begin with, and it was only a matter of time before they did SOMETHING violent and hurt someone. Maybe the video game gave them ideas of specifics, but they were already on a road to ruin well before they played the game.

There have been raving psychopaths since before there was radio, much less TV, movies, and video games. Bad parenting might be a part of it in some cases.. but it's not letting your children play violent video games that's the problem, it's more or less that you don't interact with your children at all, or you only do so for punishment, etc. Like I said, children growing up in the 80's and 90's played violent video games.. this was before there was the ESRB, there was no ratings.. I played Mortal Kombat and Doom and other such pioneers in the gore gaming front when I was pretty young. So did my friends.. yet I haven't seen any of them go off at age 17 and murder cops and rape women because of those games.

If there's 2 things related to video games that I'm sick of it's #1: Violent/mature video games are the reason kids are doing violent things and #2: E for everyone is just for young children/MATURE GAEMS FOR MATURE GAMERS LIKE MYSELF

humanizer

Jun 25, 2009
Devildoc said:
humanizer said:
Devildoc said:
humanizer said:

Again with stereotypes.. can you anti-Wii people stop making strawmen for once and see things as they really are?

There's a lot of people, of all ages, who will play the Wii. E for everyone means everyone, not just children. I think a resounding majority of people who've tried out super mario galaxy have had a blast playing it, people of all ages. In fact let's go back to Mr LaBeouf, who claims to sing super mario bros theme in the shower (as ridiculous of a claim as that is, again he's just trying to project an image to gain acceptance from a group of people that he feels some familiarity with, he's talking himself up), he claims Nintendo is alienating their core fan group. I think they haven't. Look at all the Mario games that have ever been created, and their core fans will be people who grew up playing SMB, SMB3, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, etc.

They've always been colorful, cartoony looking platformers with the main emphasis being on fun and gameplay with some emphasis on timing/coordination/challenge. It's never been about story, it's never been about any particular age group they were trying to appeal to.. they were trying to appeal to everyone who might buy their console and play their games, the main goal was to have a game that's fun to play.

That is, the main goal they're still working with. They don't go in with a story and build up from that, and while other developers have focused on story, graphics, and presentation, increasing violence since it's acceptable to (provided it gets an M label), Nintendo still starts off with a very basic concept and then the next thing that goes into the game is how it should play. Story, graphics/art and all that are afterthoughts.

It's other companies that are changing as the times go on. Nintendo is sticking to its roots. Colorful, cartoony looking games that appeal to as broad of an age group as possible, with a focus on fun gameplay mechanics. They developed the Wii and its remote because they thought it would make playing the games more fun, that it would be more involving and perhaps attract more people who don't play video games to try them out. They did that with the NES as well, instead of using a keyboard or joystick to play games, they developed simple gamepads, with something called a D-pad.. to attract people who hadn't played video games before.

But anyway, there are "mature" games for the platform and there are adults who play the platform that are not parents or women. They're just adults that aren't preoccupied with having some "hardcore gamer" image they're trying to protect (which is pretty pathetic really).

As for your other stereotypes.. violent games aren't what make people psychopaths and killers and rapists.. every once in awhile there's a claim that a person was inspired by a video game and went on some GTA style rampage..

Guess what? The person was already sick in the head to begin with, and it was only a matter of time before they did SOMETHING violent and hurt someone. Maybe the video game gave them ideas of specifics, but they were already on a road to ruin well before they played the game.

There have been raving psychopaths since before there was radio, much less TV, movies, and video games. Bad parenting might be a part of it in some cases.. but it's not letting your children play violent video games that's the problem, it's more or less that you don't interact with your children at all, or you only do so for punishment, etc. Like I said, children growing up in the 80's and 90's played violent video games.. this was before there was the ESRB, there was no ratings.. I played Mortal Kombat and Doom and other such pioneers in the gore gaming front when I was pretty young. So did my friends.. yet I haven't seen any of them go off at age 17 and murder cops and rape women because of those games.

If there's 2 things related to video games that I'm sick of it's #1: Violent/mature video games are the reason kids are doing violent things and #2: E for everyone is just for young children/MATURE GAEMS FOR MATURE GAMERS LIKE MYSELF
I played Mario galaxy and it was fun, what I am saying about the Wii is that I am not seeing those quality nitendo games that were found on the older system I dont think the Wii is for anyone honestly they have let third party developers run most of the show, but the third party developers don't know how to utilize the "diffrent" contol mechanics that the Wii has and the result is huge pile of average or crapy games and hardly any good ones. there has been a pattern with Wii games all of the good ones are made by nintendo and the bad ones are not. I play games for a chalenge, a story, and/or to have fun and Mario, Metroid, SSBB, and Zelda have been the only goods for the Wii. I say its too kid freindly because most of the time they try to make the Wii and its games seem cute and cudley which appeals to younger kids more than teenagers or people in their twenties
I was not saying that games cause violence I was saying that parents blame exposure to the sex, drugs, and violence on video games themselves when like you said those kids usually are already mentally unstable, and the parents are the real ones to blame for their kids going on a crime spree. While E for everone is, as it says, for everyone you don't see very many that become popular among the masses of gamers and most older gamers rarely paly E rated games, and the Wii has more E rated mainstream games than other consoles. and I know I said "We" in reference to "hardcore" gamers but I honestly don't like the term, the word hardcore really can't be associated with the word gamer, but maybe more like "mainstream gamer" would be more appropriate for those types of people, I watch for about every game released for the Ps3 and 360 but the Wii games just don't appeal to me.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Why does anyone care what this guy has to say? He's probably the worst actor I've ever seen in a long time. He's Zack Efron bad, or possibly even more awful than that. He played a jerk in Transformers, no surprise he's a dismissive jerk in real life. His lack of acting talent seems to limit him to characters he can relate to (morons).

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
Despite that I own a Wii, he's entitled to his opinion.

I bet that many Nintendo fans at their forums will hate him.

Devildoc

Mar 26, 2009
humanizer said:
I played Mario galaxy and it was fun, what I am saying about the Wii is that I am not seeing those quality nitendo games that were found on the older system I dont think the Wii is for anyone honestly they have let third party developers run most of the show, but the third party developers don't know how to utilize the "diffrent" contol mechanics that the Wii has and the result is huge pile of average or crapy games and hardly any good ones. there has been a pattern with Wii games all of the good ones are made by nintendo and the bad ones are not. I play games for a chalenge, a story, and/or to have fun and Mario, Metroid, SSBB, and Zelda have been the only goods for the Wii. I say its too kid freindly because most of the time they try to make the Wii and its games seem cute and cudley which appeals to younger kids more than teenagers or people in their twenties
I was not saying that games cause violence I was saying that parents blame exposure to the sex, drugs, and violence on video games themselves when like you said those kids usually are already mentally unstable, and the parents are the real ones to blame for their kids going on a crime spree. While E for everone is, as it says, for everyone you don't see very many that become popular among the masses of gamers and most older gamers rarely paly E rated games, and the Wii has more E rated mainstream games than other consoles. and I know I said "We" in reference to "hardcore" gamers but I honestly don't like the term, the word hardcore really can't be associated with the word gamer, but maybe more like "mainstream gamer" would be more appropriate for those types of people, I watch for about every game released for the Ps3 and 360 but the Wii games just don't appeal to me.
I dunno, just mentioning Mario/Zelda/Metroid and there you have some games that are E for everyone (or Teen) that mainstream gamers do in fact enjoy. They may not sell as much as Wii-fit and Wii-sports, but those core games do sell in the millions still. Super Mario Galaxy has sold 8 million copies, that's selling like hotcakes in the gaming world. You are right that a majority of the good quality games on the system are first party, in fact the best exclusives on the system are first party. There's some gems here and there though such as No More Heros, I liked Mad World too, and as I've mentioned before HotD Overkill was good, but had drawbacks technically (frame skips) so I can see why critics would take some points off for that.

Conduit I'm a bit disappointed in the reviewers over. A lot of people were just expecting too much from it and it got hit hard for not living up to those out of line expectations. What should you have expected from the Conduit? An FPS with top notch controls and good multiplayer.. that was the goals High Voltage was aiming at, and they squeezed as much visual quality as they could into it as well. They weren't looking to change the landscape of FPS's, they were just looking to fill a niche that was previously void.. competetive FPS on the Wii.

But really, people need to take a step back, and take a look, quit pulling wool over their eyes and see that the system might have some very childish games intended for very young children and soccer moms, but its balanced by 1st party games intended for pretty much everyone to play (the same core lineup Nintendo has always put out), and some 3rd party games have been looking to push it for more "mature" games as well. Nintendo has supported Mature rated games on the system, their stance is "the Wii is not just for children and families, the Wii is for everyone"

Nintendo hasn't changed, they aren't abandoning their longtime core fans, or any other such drivel.. just look at their lineup for the next few years.. 2 new Zelda games, a new Metroid, 2 new Mario platformers and a new Mario rpg, and that's not counting the new play control series for the Metroid Prime trilogy. I'd say from a first party standpoint they're pushing as many core games as casual (Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit plus, what else?)

weeman3000

Mar 29, 2009
rickthetrick said:
weeman3000 said:
Devildoc said:
rickthetrick said:
There fixed that for you

Did i miss something?

=)?
WOW so it's okay to hit quote and rewrite what I wrote? Cool I'm gonna do that to everyone now. I'll start with moderators and work my way down. Okay there's some obvious sarcasm in there, but really is that necessary? Re wording my post is a form of censorship, and it's sad if you need to do that to make yourself feel better.
Please don't quote me when having a go at someone else.

If you are actually having a go at me i think its sad that you can't read.

Its okay, apology accepted

mistawhat

Jun 28, 2009
Although I do see the logic in Sony and MicroSoft seeing that Nintendo sold about 50 Million Wii's and they wanted in on that (Natal & That... Sony... Thing) I also see that EVERY CONSOLE IS DIFFERENT AND HAS A DIFFERENT TARGET AUDIENCE sorry but really I go on the internet and BANGO! 2 Bazillion hate threads for all 3 consoles MAYBE YOU COULD SPEND LESS TIME WHINING ABOUT OTHER CONSOLES AND MORE TIME PLAYING YOU OWN, GOOD. DAY. TO. YOU. SIR. (and or) MADAM.

Edit: Does this thread have anything to do with that Prick Shia Laboof anymore?

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Well if I had any respect for him before, it suddenly evaporated. All the Wii hate is really getting under my skin. Myopic gamers are bashing it without ever seeing how it may just save gaming *sigh*.

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
So what you're saying is that LaBeouf is kind of an asshole? Man, I've known that for a while. I don't mean to slam the guy, but...Gosh.