Shit just got real moments in video games.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
My friend and I were playing Co-op in Star Wars Battlefront 2. We were on the Genosians planet and we had only one point left before game defeat while the enemy had over 80. Pulling that one off was the epic Shit got real moment for me.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
<youtube=ZXeWpTsva8Y>

2:00

Tekken 3. Final fight with Ogre. After you systematically destroy him with your carefully timed and expertly done martial arts maneuvers, he picks up Heihachi/Jin, and then the music hits at 2:00, and then

[HEADING=1]YOU BETTER WATCH OUT, BECAUSE OGRE IS NOW TRUE OGRE AND HE'S GONNA RIP YOU APART![/HEADING]

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Lord of the Rings: Total War. As Gondor, I was building up my armies in the western settlements to be led by an elite Dol-Amroth army. I thought I had plenty of time, had a few full stacked armies east of Osgiliath. One turn Sauron gets the ring, 10 full stack orc armies appear. Osgiliath gets invaded, Faramir, Boromir and Aragorn die, with Gandalf, Legolas and Gimli all retreating back to Minas-Tirith with their decimated armies. Not only that, Rohan had collapsed and I could see Isengard armies appearing to the north of my borders. I was pretty much fucked.

Fortunately, Prince Imrahil arrived with several full stacked armies just in time to save it and take back Osgiliath, thought from then on the campaign was basically impossible. Still, when Osgiliath fell and I had no armies in between Mordor and the capital, shit really had just heated the fuck up, and it led to some of the most epic battles I have had in Total War.

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
the nuke going off in CoD 4

Bastila getting captured in KotOR

the nuke in Mass Effect when Ashly or Kaiden get vaporized.

when your crew gets captured by collectors in ME2

when your family gets executed in AC2

when Mario is killed in AC:Brotherhood

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Getting owned by a boss in Mabinogi and then realizing that you still have the transformation skill available.

then proceding to kill everything that has the misfortune of crossing your path.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
I was playing one of the Assassin's Creed games (can't remember if it was #2 or Brotherhood) when I was on a mission and alerted the guards, causing a HUGE horde of them to attack me. An archer shot me as I was completing a jump, making me fall off the roof and enter the blinking red stage of synchronization, where one more hit would kill me. A bunch of them circled around me and I was able to counter kill all of them in an almost continuous motion one-after-the-other and make it out of that area alive. I felt like a badass.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Crissaegrim said:
Armored core : for answer, The last mission (If you helped old king)

Fuck. My. Life.
God yes. Pretty much the hardest mission I've ever played in any game (curse you, From Software!). And finishing it with a tiny sliver of HP was the best thing ever.

Spineyguy

Apr 14, 2009
Multiplayer...

TF2: when your team's big assault on the last point falters with two minutes to go.

CSS: Somebody set us up the bomb.

L4D: The first tank-fight on any given campaign.

Single Player...

Portal 2: the part where he kills you.

Space Marine: the death of Inquisitor Drogan.

Bioshock~: Andrew Ryan's office.

HL2: The fight with Dr Breen at the Citadel's tip, and the ensuing catastrophe.

Fallout 3: The Death of Dad and the capture of Project Purity by the Enclave.

Fable 3: The Coronation.

Moincroft: Striking diamonds.

Can't think of any more.

imanerd000

Mar 29, 2011
Michael Hirst said:
Mass Effect 2, the entire suicide mission.
i still prefer the invasion of the citadel in the first game. When sovereign appears in the mass relay with the entire geth fleet, i literally though "i'm dead"!

Jan 27, 2011
The first time I played Etrian Odyssey, I had a moment like that when I met my first FOE (enemies that actually wander the field, instead of being random battles).

Although the game warned me that these enemies were far too strong for me at the moment and that I should avoid them...I let one corner me by accident, and then I thought "eh, why warp out of the maze now, when I'm still at almost full strength? I can take it!". ...So I was shocked to see that the enemy was just a normal-ish looking deer. And was even MORE shocked when the thing went on a rampage and killed half my party in one turn.

And then I had another "shit just got real" moment when I had gotten used to the FOEs, and went for the first boss. ........he killed my tank in ONE. FREAKIN. HIT. And then more enemies kept joining the fight. I was massacred the first few times I fought him.

And now, I'm playing the second game in the series. And after facing two of the bosses with not TOO much trouble...I hit a boss with two fighters that absolutely creamed me. That was the point where I realized I had to get it in gear. I just beat them yesterday, actually. Got lucky by binding one enemy's hands (stopping it form using most of its skills), and poisoned the other one TWICE.

hahagirl727

Jan 1, 2013
When the Joker's plan was revealed in Arkham City that Clayface was impersonating him and then he kills Taila, I had to pause the game my jaw just dropped to the floor. That was a total shit just got real moment for me..