blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Super Toast said:
Burn the Rope. Does that count?
FUCKING WINDOWS 98 NINJAS

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Mazapan/you-have-to-burn-the-rope
Link'd for great justice ^^

Cat of Doom said:
Morrowind, Is possibul to complete main questline in 17 mins if you play your cards right.
That's if you take advantage of a loophole in the coding and skip over 98% of the quests. It's effectively cheating :/

If you play Morrowind legitimately, you can get fucking WEEKS worth of playtime... it's awesome. And I mean the hours of playing the game add up to a fortnight or two. Maybe even longer if you're dedicated :p

Epic win, one of the captcha things is "rather". If you're a Morrowind fan you'll get the joke... it's not very good :p

Mad1Cow

Jan 8, 2011
I completed Fable 2 in a day, but I suspect that's because I woke up at 8am, realised I didn't have to go anywhere and didn't put down my xbox until I beat that monstrosity of a game just so I could complain to my fanboy friends how horrible it was.

But I suppose that was particularly long and if I wasn't such a nerd would have last me a good week...I suppose the shortest game I remember playing (since I play in a state of comatose) would just so happen to be Metal Gear for the NES...took me about an hour and then BOOM ending, still couldn't resist a victory lap for having that on my list of completed games ^_^

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Fanta Grape said:
What was that indie budget game that finishes in like five minutes?
You know, the one where you walk left continuously, looking for treasure and have a spouse?

Well... once someone reminds me, /thread
I know of a 5-10 minute game where you walk right continuously, looking for an escape from your dreary life, and eventually lose your spouse. Is that the one you are thinking of?

Karhukonna

Nov 3, 2010
I completed the original Way of the Samurai (PS2) in a bit over an hour on my first playthrough. It's the kinda game where you're supposed the beat it several times to earn various titles and see how you can interact with the story. The games has like six different endings and stuff, too. Collecting swords was fun, too, until I realized that all the good ones spawn on harder difficulties.

Rhaff

Jan 30, 2011
captaincabbage said:
onewheeled999 said:
Of course, Portal. Pretty much anyone can do a 1-hour run of the game with a bit of practice.
totally, if you can remember even half of the puzzles you'll fly through it.

My friend saw a guy do a 7 minute run of portal, tho he used a glitch to bypass a bunch of stuff, so I don't count it.
I do believe that even with using a metric f**kton of exploits, the world record for a portal speedrun is 10 minutes ;)

Davichu

Sep 28, 2010
Mirrors Edge and all of the fables.
doing qicktime events does not count towards gameplay Lionhead, please learn that.

leady129

Aug 3, 2009
I seem to recall the REsident Evil REmake, RErelease, REhashed for the Wii could be completed in about 2 hours once you knew how the main puzzles worked.

Smilas

Apr 3, 2010
feeback06 said:
Pokemon Snap was awfully short if I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure I rented for a weekend and had taken pictures of every pokemon the first night.
Most game are short if you use walktrough :)

supermariner

Aug 27, 2010
The Force Unleashed 2

Tutorial level
hanging basket city
space ship
kamino
end

and dagobah, but that shouldn't really be counted seeing as you're basically there for 12 seconds just so they could crowbar in an appearance from yoda

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Umm... damn. Another time to where I forget the game.

If I remember correctly... it was an RPG that had a multiple path system that if done correctly, you could beat the game in 5 minutes. I think it came out within the past... 7-10 years.

If someone can name it, that one.

[sub]I suck...[/sub]

lack of self CTRL

Jun 6, 2009
The impossible game on XBLA .
1 level, to win you need to get to the end without dying.
If you can do it it takes 5 mins, if not say goodbye to a few hours.

MaxRaine

May 1, 2008
The shortest game I've played was some adventure/rpg thing for Nintendo 64 where you played as a magician. I don't remember the name anymore but I remember I played through it in just a few hours. Thankfully I didn't buy it, I just rented it.

br1dg3 said:
Mirrors Edge
Oh and that too, but there's things about Mirror's Edge that gives it some more replay value. I love parkouring in games and Mirror's Edge was kinda top of the line with that =)

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing.

The only game you win by not playing it, effectively giving it a playtime of 0 seconds.

And now for a more serious answer. My record in Minesweeper on easy is 7 seconds. Luckily it has replay value.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
can't really put a finger on one but i've completed a tonne of PS1 and PS2 games in less then a day. but if you mean shortest game with 100% gamerscore complete then i would say dead space, you could easily finish it all in four play throughs on each difficulty.

number2301

Apr 27, 2008
AvsJoe said:
Fanta Grape said:
You know, the one where you walk left continuously, looking for treasure and have a spouse?

I know of a 5-10 minute game where you walk right continuously, looking for an escape from your dreary life, and eventually lose your spouse. Is that the one you are thinking of?
You're talking about every day the same.

Fanta Grape said:

Passage, although you're not really looking for treasure. And it takes a lot more than five minutes to get the whole point of it!

Both great games by the way :)

Folksoul

May 15, 2010
This cannot be said enough. YOU HAVE TO BURN THE ROPE

The entire experience is about 2 and a half minutes long and 2:13 of it are the END CREDITS!

10-15 effing seconds of gameplay followed by a 2 minute long ending credit sequence commenting on how short the game was!!!

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Portal or CODVII I finished COD in a afternoon and portal was short (but didnt fell that short)

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
The Graveyard, by Tale of Tales.
Heard about it, downloaded it, finished it in under 10 minutes.

That's right, I'm hardcore.