Should I keep my Wii?

Justanothergamer300

Jul 5, 2009
notoriouslynx said:
Metroid other m, zelda wii, mario galaxy 2, new smb wii.
Let's see now Zelda Wii the same as Zelda 64, Galaxy 2 same as Galaxy 1, New smb Wii same game from the DS game just added Multiplayer, the other M looks like it changes up gameplay in a new way for metroid but I'm not crossing fingers

kewlrabbit

Aug 6, 2008
If you're asking us if you should keep your Wii, you already know the answer. Sell it before the value goes lower then it is.

Justanothergamer300

Jul 5, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
Justanothergamer300 said:
DeadlyYellow said:
Virtual Console?
1. I could get the games for free as roms.
2. They haven't released Earthbound yet, whats up with that
1. Eh, just adds reassurance to my belief that most of the internet are selfish and dishonorable.
2. Seriously, what IS up with that? And why no Mother 3 either?
My main problem with Nintedo is that they release the same games all the time and people really buy the same game over and over. I never understood that, I know fans will eat anything up but come on

E-mantheseeker

Nov 29, 2008
No More Heroes 2, The upcoming Legend of Zelda game... that's about all I can think of at the moment. I have a wii as well and I was wondering if Redsteel2 was responsive enough, because the only demo footage I saw at e3 seemed to show noticeable lag and unresponsiveness between player motion and in-game motion, I'm not sure though

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Keep your Wii and save for a PS3 at the same time. This way you'll have insurance incase the Wii doesn't deliver.

DeadlyYellow said:
DeadlyYellow said:
Virtual Console?
1. I could get the games for free as roms.
2. They haven't released Earthbound yet, whats up with that
1. Eh, just adds reassurance to my belief that most of the internet are selfish and dishonorable.
2. Seriously, what IS up with that? And why no Mother 3 either?
They're too scared of lawsuits that don't exist.

Justanothergamer300

Jul 5, 2009
E-mantheseeker said:
No More Heroes 2, The upcoming Legend of Zelda game... that's about all I can think of at the moment. I have a wii as well and I was wondering if Redsteel2 was responsive enough, because the only demo footage I saw at e3 seemed to show noticeable lag and unresponsiveness between player motion and in-game motion, I'm not sure though
I just got bored with Zelda because it's the same game. Zelda gets kidnapped, Link goes saves her, that's how you explain all the Zelda games

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
My main problem with Nintedo is that they release the same games all the time and people really buy the same game over and over. I never understood that, I know fans will eat anything up but come on
It's kinda ironic that all their major franchises were milked until they had lost major interests, yet the strange and bizarre titles flopped stateside.

I have yet to buy any new release of Nintendo's favored franchises. Some personal boycott until Mother makes it's way to VC.

ajb924

Jun 3, 2009
I would keep it, just for Mo More Heroes 2. Honestly, the PS3 doesn't have that many great exclusive games, for the most part, the 360 will play the best games for it. The Wii also has Zelda games coming out which is one of the reasons i still have mine.
E-mantheseeker said:
I just got bored with Zelda because it's the same game. Zelda gets kidnapped, Link goes saves her, that's how you explain all the Zelda games
True, but look at how far the concept has come, each game introduces a new and original feature. Even Twilight brought in a few new things. The overall story doesn't change, but each one is a bit different. And besides, i hope for the best, that is a new game from Zelda that, like Majora's Mask, creates a story away from the princess.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Tears of Blood said:
Darkrai said:
Tears of Blood said:
Get rid of that pile of junk and get a PS3.

You're on a site mostly devoted to gaming, I'll assume you're a gamer like myself. I got a Wii shortly after I got my 360 because it was cheap. I figured with Twilight Princess, the Wii must have some games that aren't going to suck hardcore. I was gravely mistaken. I still have only Red Steel, Wii Sports, and Twilight Princess.

However, I am thinking of getting No More Heroes...

Anyway, the Wii isn't a console for real gamers. It's a console for families to pull out during a birthday party and everyone can play Super Smash Bros. for five minutes before they drag their ADD-addled heads off to stuff their faces with cake. I'm surprised all Wii systems don't come with a bottle of adderall or something.

Nintendo is just a plague on the gaming industry anymore, if you ask me.
What is a real gamer? You consider the industry that brought gaming back a plague?
Let me clarify.

First of all, my post was purely opinion."which everyone has" Second, I used to think Nintendo was great. They did a lot of good things, but now Nintendo has changed"They have? When?", and yes, it's now a plague. Someone can save your life, but they can bug you about it for the rest of your life and make it crap by saying "I saved your life, y'know."

Oh, and I think a real "gamer" is someone who has a passion for gaming and does it regularly."Like everyday? Every waking minute,hour? Guess I do believe some of us have better things to do" My father plays games occasionally, but I would never call him a gamer"So what's the correct term to use?", because he doesn't play any game seriously nor does he play them often. However, his friend Lyle who lives across the street is a gamer because even though he's a busy guy, one of his favorite hobbies is gaming."So that's what you meant"
So Nintendo is bad for the gaming industry because they want to bring out the gamer to the non-gamers. Makes sense to me. After all, we ahem "real" gamers were never casual when Nintendo came out with the NES. It's the same marketing strategy that they used over 15 years ago and it still works.

EnzoHonda

Mar 5, 2008
I'd hang on to it. A game might come out that you want (check a list of future releases) and it is a good way to kill time with friends or family. Plus, you have a 360. Not a whole lotta reason to get a PS3 as well. If you really want a PS3, start saving your money and wait for the price drop.

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
DeadlyYellow said:
Virtual Console?
this to a nutshell.

And only get a ps3 if the few exclusives they have that are different than the xbox's actually make it worth your while to shell out 600 bucks. If you don't like the exclusives, it really just ends up being a big clunky expensive blu ray player.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Bible Doctor said:
If you're bored with it and hardly ever use it, why keep it?

Regardless of the console brand
yeah that's a good point
if you really don't need it/want it then go ahead and save up for another console

Justanothergamer300

Jul 5, 2009
ajb924 said:
I would keep it, just for Mo More Heroes 2. Honestly, the PS3 doesn't have that many great exclusive games, for the most part, the 360 will play the best games for it. The Wii also has Zelda games coming out which is one of the reasons i still have mine.
E-mantheseeker said:
True, but look at how far the concept has come, each game introduces a new and original feature. Even Twilight brought in a few new things. The overall story doesn't change, but each one is a bit different. And besides, i hope for the best, that is a new game from Zelda that, like Majora's Mask, creates a story away from the princess.
But one new feature doesn't cut it for me I rather find a new IP to sink my teeth into.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
super_smash_jesus said:
And only get a ps3 if the few exclusives they have that are different than the xbox's actually make it worth your while to shell out 600 bucks. If you don't like the exclusives, it really just ends up being a big clunky expensive blu ray player.
All systems have some functional equivalent to VC, though I find PSN's selection of past system titles a bit underwhelming. There are a considerable number of exclusives to the console, but like stated if you don't really care about them there is no need to get them.

Multi-console games aren't vastly different anymore to really warrant comparison. Easier to just go with what you have.

E-mantheseeker

Nov 29, 2008
E-mantheseeker said:
Actually, never mind I justsaw a bunch of trailers for Redsteel2 and it looks bland and repetitive ( I don't know why they call it "Redsteel" if there's no blood)

I honestly don't know why everyone gives the Legend of Zelda series so much crap about the whole "same story, save the princess" thing, Mario has Peach always being kidnapped and no one hardly mentions that. There's some exceptions, like "Majora's Mask" and "Minish Cap" granted, the majority of the games aren't all radically different, but they are all respectable.

Also, all FPS's have you shooting people and racing games just have you driving aroundtrying to be faster than other drivers... blah blah (sarcasm) See how anything can sound boring when you generalize it?

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
Tears of Blood said:
Get rid of that pile of junk and get a PS3.
And after that, Get a PC for the most fun out of gaming.

If you can afford it.