Should I Report?

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
This doesn't happen all the time, but there's a neighbor in my neighborhood who is mexican. I know they are I've spoke with them. None of them really speak english but I've had to talk to them before about what they do.

The main thing I'm trying to get them to quit is letting their kids run naked in their front yard. They have all daugthers, youngest being around 5 oldest around 9. And all three of them run around the front yard naked, on very hot days. They jump in and out of a kiddie pool.

I've went up before and told the parents that other people are getting angry about it, they kids put on panties and went back to swimming. They were doing it again today but stopped when I suppose someone said something.

Should I report this to the authorties? Child Services? or just mind my own damn business?

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Honestly, why spoil their fun? I'm guessing your American but really most of the world tends to be far less uptight about nudity and such, it's just nature, nothing offensive about that.

Dec 14, 2009
Report what?

This is a non-freakin'-issue.

Don't ever go to a beach outside of America, or you'll get quite a shock...

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Report what?

Don't ever go to the beach outside of America, or you'll get quite a shock...
Yeah, I went to Italy and experienced that. Also, dudes in Speedos. It was a little odd at first, but it's like being in a sauna: after 10 minutes of awkwardness it becomes a complete non issue.

It seems we're exporting our prudishness to the UK though.[footnote]http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/aug/10/alton-towers-speedo-ban[/footnote] Maybe in a few years, British people will think this is odd, too.

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
No, I'm asian, and I have no problem with nudity. Just the fact that it's kids running around. I told her do it in the back yard, but no avail. And yea other people have said stuff about it. HOA even said they'd talk about it next meeting, at least that was note on door. I'm not active in it.

Guess I'll just let them be, if no one gets hurt from it I shouldn't care right?

Dec 14, 2009
Dags90 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Report what?

Don't ever go to the beach outside of America, or you'll get quite a shock...
Yeah, I went to Italy and experienced that. Also, dudes in Speedos. It was a little odd at first, but it's like being in a sauna: after 10 minutes of awkwardness it becomes a complete non issue.

It seems we're exporting our prudishness to the UK though.[footnote]http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/aug/10/alton-towers-speedo-ban[/footnote] Maybe in a few years, British people will think this is odd, too.
Adult nudity is a bit of strange thing in Britain.

Go to a beach though, and you'll see dozens of naked young children running around with nobody batting an eyelid.

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
Raven said:
Perhaps you should stop staring at naked kids?

[sub]Somebody had to say it...[/sub]
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
OT: Nah, don't. If it bothers you just don't look. Really do not see the problem.
It's not like I watch them as I drive by, that's disgusting. They're not really in a place where dozens of people will see them. I just have to drive by it, sometimes not all the time.

But I hear what everyone's saying. No ones getting hurt, there isn't some creepy guy watching. It doesn't happen everyday.

Guess I'll leave them be.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Timberwolf0924 said:
Raven said:
Perhaps you should stop staring at naked kids?

[sub]Somebody had to say it...[/sub]
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
OT: Nah, don't. If it bothers you just don't look. Really do not see the problem.
It's not like I watch them as I drive by, that's disgusting. They're not really in a place where dozens of people will see them. I just have to drive by it, sometimes not all the time.

But I hear what everyone's saying. No ones getting hurt, there isn't some creepy guy watching. It doesn't happen everyday.

Guess I'll leave them be.
A good attitude dude. Live and let live.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I'm pretty sure I ran around naked all the time as a kid.
I'm also pretty sure no creepy strangers were staring and taking pictures and shit. If I were to find out they actually did, I don't think I'd care.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:

Go to a beach though, and you'll see dozens of naked young children running around with nobody batting an eyelid.
That doesn't seem healthy. Wouldn't they get really dry eyes?

Also, I hear British beaches are pretty much a coast with rocks and stuff, confirm/deny?

Dec 14, 2009
Dags90 said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Also, I hear British beaches are pretty much a coast with rocks and stuff, confirm/deny?
Our beaches are pretty shit yeah.

My idea of a good holiday isn't to stay in the same country -_-

I go somewhere hot.

I love to find a great coffee shop, sit in the shade and drink cappuccino all day :D

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
usmarine4160 said:
Haha same happened to me in Spain. Except it was an old bald guy that decided that right there and then was the perfect time to change into his speedo by first stripping down completely nude.
My first experiences were much more enjoyable. We went to the beach in Venice. It's actually a sand beach, too! Not American sand mind you, but good enough to go barefoot. Anyway, there was a group of guys about my age playing with a soccer ball on the beach in Speedos and square cuts.
Daystar Clarion said:

Somewhere hot.

I love to find a great coffee shop, sit in the shade and drink cappuccino all day :D
Define "hot". I've heard British people who complain when the temperature gets above 25 C and is sunny. Also, dear God I hope you bring some SPF 1,000. We saw these British tourists on our vacation, and I swear they looked like lobsters. Lobsters with funny accents.

Dec 14, 2009
Dags90 said:
usmarine4160 said:
Haha same happened to me in Spain. Except it was an old bald guy that decided that right there and then was the perfect time to change into his speedo by first stripping down completely nude.
My first experiences were much more enjoyable. We went to the beach in Venice. It's actually a sand beach, too! Not American sand mind you, but good enough to go barefoot. Anyway, there was a group of guys about my age playing with a soccer ball on the beach in Speedos and square cuts.
Daystar Clarion said:

Somewhere hot.

Define "hot". I've heard British people who complain when the temperature gets above 25 C and is sunny. Also, dear God I hope you bring some SPF 1,000. We saw these British tourists on our vacation, and I swear they looked like lobsters. Lobsters with funny accents.
As long as it's a dry heat and I'm in the shade with plenty to drink, I don't mind how hot it is.

High humidity is what does me in.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Dags90 said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Depends, we get some sandy beaches in places, but the weather is still British...
On the few days a year it approaches warm, those same beaches become incredibly crowded as well, so all in all, not worth visiting the British sea-side for the beach/sea. (Unless you're a surfer and own a drysuit - I hear Newquay has good waves)

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Timberwolf0924 said:
This doesn't happen all the time, but there's a neighbor in my neighborhood who is mexican. I know they are I've spoke with them. None of them really speak english but I've had to talk to them before about what they do.

The main thing I'm trying to get them to quit is letting their kids run naked in their front yard. They have all daugthers, youngest being around 5 oldest around 9. And all three of them run around the front yard naked, on very hot days. They jump in and out of a kiddie pool.

I've went up before and told the parents that other people are getting angry about it, they kids put on panties and went back to swimming. They were doing it again today but stopped when I suppose someone said something.

Should I report this to the authorties? Child Services? or just mind my own damn business?
Report it, especially given the kids age.