Show About Games Show: Co-op and the Girlfriend

derschulmeister

Feb 10, 2011
Nice clean episode...good timing...effective running gag...Monty Pythonesque in it's overall layout and pacing...keep up the good work \\;8<]

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Jamienra said:
"Took Aeris to the ferris wheel at the golden saucer ones. ***** is dead to me now"
I see what you did there ¬¬
This made me laugh :D
Me too.
I love this show so much.
Really wish all the new shows were this good.....

Aftershock

Nov 7, 2006
Not bad... not great, but got a few snorts of amusement out of me.

One problem I have is you've got to work on your sound guy... in the live-action segments, the sound level varies wildly, wherein I can hear everyone fine one moment, and the next moment I'm straining to understand them... but I dare not turn the sound up, or I might deafen myself when it goes back up to "normal" levels. Not to mention inconvenient having to change my sound levels mid-show in the first place. Just my $0.02.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Harvest moon references... hot Asians... little shadow kids getting crushed... can this show get any better?

UrbanCohort

Nov 30, 2009
Jamienra said:
"Took Aeris to the ferris wheel at the golden saucer ones. ***** is dead to me now"
I see what you did there ¬¬
This made me laugh :D
Uhhhh...yeah, that was more of a multi-game reference than a strictly Harvest Moon one...I've never played HM but I still found the skit hilarious in a "giggle softly to myself" sort of way.

To the haters - try coming up with skits of your own and see if you can be half as entertaining before dishing out advice.

mrhateful

True Gamer
Apr 8, 2010
Migratingchimp said:
Limbo bits were kinda funny. the rest sucked as always. Really should be used to it by now and quit giving this horrible horrible show a chance.
Agreed, maybe they should focus more on what they are good at.

KingDogbert

Aug 20, 2009
I hate to be the guy who says this but the Aeris line kind of offended me. I liked what you had to say about co-op split screen, but the title of the episode lead me to believe that it was co-op with is girlfriend or something like that. The harvest moon bit I didn't particularly care for the acting was mediocre and the concept was a bit strange, but I also haven't played harvest moon. I thought the limbo kid parts were interesting but this was also the first episode I've seen by your group. I might go back and watch the others to compare but overall not really impressed, sorry.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I totally didn't catch the part in the Video Game Girlfriends until the Golden Saucer, then I fell out of my chair laughing.

The limbo parts were pretty good, and this little bit of fake news was much better than the old RRoD skit.

The show seems to be improving in jokes for the most part.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Huh... well someone's a little too emotionally invested in their VG romances... I liked the british guy and the way that first skit was played so straightfaced though.

Taynas

May 20, 2010
I chuckled to myself over the video game girlfriend one. Being stood up at the firefly festival is tough, man. Sometimes your jokes get dragged out a little too much but I think overall the show is getting funnier

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
I really enjoy this series guys and gals. It's entertaining and has some just truly great, hilarious moments. Depressing episode is win.

EdwardOrchard

Jan 12, 2011
Yes! I am so happy. Thanks to this informative and educational video, I now, finally, know how to type "The usu'"

Thank you!

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
Once again, it just seems like all the potential and good ideas just don't come together as well as they should. I liked the idea a lot of the British news segment, but it just wasn't funny. Everything else was crap to me, but hey, each their own. You guys still need far better timing/pacing in how you do things, it makes a night and day difference in how good it makes comedy. It ALWAYS needs to be timed perfectly, even if you have the funniest jokes in the world, they won't get a laugh if they aren't timed properly.

I'm still hoping for it to get better as it goes on though, hope you guys work on some aspects more.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
Too much talking guys. Shorter sketches, simpler dialogues, you got it almost right in pilot episode.