Show About Games Show: The Pilot

The Imp

Nov 9, 2009
Nope, can't relate to the whole console gaming/japanese/gears3 thing at all. Appreciate the effort though.

Weasker

Sep 16, 2010
The only 2 really good parts: "this is gonna get worse before it gets good" and gigant coocking mama with laser eyes.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
The SFX are impressive and the acting wasn't bad either, but I couldn't even manage a faint smile when watching.

Guess this is not for me.

lynx64

Dec 24, 2008
I have an honest question. The 50 or so people who show up just to post one sentence along the lines of, "I liked it" or "Wasn't that great". What exactly is your purpose with those posts? I mean, there have already been a bunch of other people sharing that exact same sentiment. And it isn't like people are on the edge of their seats just dying to know what Misterpinky thought of this video.

I am just really curious why every single video on the Escapist has a place for people to have discussions, yet nobody is discussing anything with each other.

Hellgate

Mar 10, 2009
Its like some thing hit me in the face with randomness xD but its actualy pretty entertaining. It didnt exactly hit v.funny yet but hey a few good series on the site warent that funny at the start [Remeber the begginings of Apocalypse Lane?] so keep up the good work :D
Give us more stuff like this less Lisa Foiles plz (Seriously if you cant be funny or at least entertaining making internet videos are probly not your calling)

Palwador

Oct 1, 2010
it needs a little better camera work, and then it would be better.
like many others I expected it to be more like DailyFix from IGN, but this can be good to.

Also I would've deleted that awful robot from borderland so fast. I hate that robot.

good luck with the next episode.

Ciran

Feb 7, 2009
It was alright; didn't completely grab me, but I'll give it a few more goes to see where they take it.

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
Hilarious! But why the hell would you delete actually good games for Kane & Lynch?? RROD was the least you deserved for that.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
StriderShinryu said:
Hmmm... the concept is good, but the execution left a lot to be desired. I'll give it a few more weeks.
Yes. Need to work a better flow into it, and get a bit tighter editing to help. The whole cooking mama things was cute, liked the end, but the whole 'hard drive full' malarkey was kinda forced and stilted - though the last gag of that made me grin.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
not impressed but not off to a bad start. the red ring of death thing was pretty funny. ill give it a couple more chances

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
I really didn't like the first sketch, the one about the hard drive. The idea was funny, but the execution seemed to be just dressing up as people from different games, without any kind of jokes or anything.

The next one was better. Still not quite there, but it's the first episode. With practice, this could be a real winner. Like a schizophrenic little brother to LRR.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
The references to those XBLA games had me cracking up.

Hilarious video, would love to see more but not sure how they could advance.

fgdfgdgd

May 9, 2009
At first I was really happy this got in, I laughed and enjoyed it, but then, as I was thinking it over, I came to this realisation: "Gaming meets real life and results in hilarity with random gaming in-jokes thrown all over and some great CGI; But what makes this any different from Doomsday Arcade? Oh, a plot."

Other than that small observation, This is great, I'm looking forward to seeing what you're going to do with the series.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
Eeesh, I consider myself a fan of all escapist content but that was pretty hard to watch guys. Not really all that funny. Hasn't the 'lol games in real life' gag been done to death already?

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Well, not quite my favorite show from the festival. But then, I didn't like Critical Miss or A Good Knight's Quest from the start either, and I thought AGKQ ended decently and CM is going great, so I hope it will grow on me.

Hope the pokemon parody comes soon, though.

The Imp

Nov 9, 2009
lynx64 said:
I am just really curious why every single video on the Escapist has a place for people to have discussions, yet nobody is discussing anything with each other.
Because nobody really cares what another person thinks. Nobody wants to discuss anything, they(we) just want to express their(our) feelings and opinions and since there is no like/disklike or thumbsup/thumbsdown button they(we) have to type their(our) thoughts. The Escapist could get rid of those comments pretty easy but...i guess they have their reasons why they're not.