Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Centaur Steve Buscemi driving a taxi.
Oh my god, I saw this, and while trying to think about how he would fit in the taxi, my brain came up with an even more terrifing/hilarious image:

The rape horse from Beserk with the face of Steve Buscemi...

Anywho! What with all the rain we've been having here, there have been tons of butterflies around and that got me thinking about how ironic they are; they spend half of their lives as caterpillars, eating and destroying plant leaves and then the other half they become an important part of the pollination process of these same plants.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Anywho! What with all the rain we've been having here, there have been tons of butterflies around and that got me thinking about how ironic they are; they spend half of their lives as caterpillars, eating and destroying plant leaves and then the other half they become an important part of the pollination process of these same plants.
That's not irony; that's the proper circle of life, my friend. Unlike we humans who destroy our overpopulated planet in our quest to ensure there's enough of it left for our spawn who will only continue to destroy the planet. Agent Smith got it right; humans are a virus.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Keep coming across headlines which prompt a few inner conflicting questions.

Screenshot_2021-09-26-00-14-57-93_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Screenshot_2021-09-30-20-53-03-39_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

IMG_20210930_210909.jpg

Like how much do they pay for any person willing to come up with whacko bullshit for each article? I'm short of a few dolla and have lots of wasted creative tendencies. If they wants time travel, fuck, I can give them time travel and a theme song!

(Didn't click on the articles, just screenshotted: not gonna contribute to the problem lol unless they pay well)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
We live in a world where DMC5, God of War 4 & 5, No More Heroes III, and Bayonetta 3 exists! Thought to be never possible.

It's Viewtiful.......

:cry:

Reactions: ObsidianJones

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Since I saw clip of Kurama and Naruto from the Boruto anime: What was Kurama up to while Naruto and Hinata were making Boruto and Himawari?

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So eh, I just went to the bathroom and there's blood in my urine.

I really wish my ailing kidneys haven't decided to crap out on me.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
So eh, I just went to the bathroom and there's blood in my urine.

I really wish my ailing kidneys haven't decided to crap out on me.
Jesus, this is a shower thought?? I hope everything is okay!

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Well, I had just come out of the shower. It counts.
Agreed, it counts, but damn; this could be serious! I really hope you called a doctor before casually posting in a low-traffic, online forum filled with disaffected and cynical defeatists who might only post about how much bloodier their urine is. (Not shaming my fellow Escapists; love yoos guys, but you know how we can be...) Seriously, get that shit checked out ASAP. Not to be a harbinger of doom, but this could be bad, my friend.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Agreed, it counts, but damn; this could be serious! I really hope you called a doctor before casually posting in a low-traffic, online forum filled with disaffected and cynical defeatists who might only post about how much bloodier their urine is. (Not shaming my fellow Escapists; love yoos guys, but you know how we can be...) Seriously, get that shit checked out ASAP. Not to be a harbinger of doom, but this could be bad, my friend.
I already know what it is. I have cysts in my kidneys. They're slowly wrecking my kidneys. There's two possibilities. Either one of those cysts burst, causing bleeding, which is distressing, but overall nothing to worry about, and will heal in a couple days and the blood washed away if I drink plenty of water. Not the first time that happened.

However, should I also develop a fever this night, then I'm really in trouble, cuz my kidneys have suffered critical failure, and whether I go to the ER now or tomorrow morning actually makes little difference. The end result will be the same.

So now I get to play the waiting game. Jolly fun.

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I already know what it is. I have cysts in my kidneys. They're slowly wrecking my kidneys. There's two possibilities. Either one of those cysts burst, causing bleeding, which is distressing, but overall nothing to worry about, and will heal in a couple days and the blood washed away if I drink plenty of water. Not the first time that happened.

However, should I also develop a fever this night, then I'm really in trouble, cuz my kidneys have suffered critical failure, and whether I go to the ER now or tomorrow morning actually makes little difference. The end result will be the same.

So now I get to play the waiting game
Sheesh, I guess you know best, so if you're not panicked, I won't be; just know I'm hoping for the best case scenario for you.

Reactions: Chimpzy

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Sheesh, I guess you know best, so if you're not panicked, I won't be; just know I'm hoping for the best case scenario for you.
Your best wishes are appreciated.

Silver lining, I now know what face my girlfriend makes when I casually tell her I'm whizzing red.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Your best wishes are appreciated.

Silver lining, I now know what face my girlfriend makes when I casually tell her I'm whizzing red.
I sympathise. I once thought I was just a tad constipated once. Then I felt a sort of pop and low and behold it was like the Kool Aid Man had emptied into the toilet. The look on my wife’s face when I told her that was a picture and a half.

But seriously, hope it turns out to be a nothing burger.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
But seriously, hope it turns out to be a nothing burger.
Well, it's morning and I don't have a fever, no pain, and my pee has gone from reddish to just a bit pinkish. That's good news, tho I'll of course still keep a close eye.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Well, it's morning and I don't have a fever, no pain, and my pee has gone from reddish to just a bit pinkish. That's good news, tho I'll of course still keep a close eye.
Not to make light of this subject, but your first post immediately reminded me of this bit from comedian Mike Birbiglia. It's always stayed with me because I too have often done the "contest" he mentions and never realized anyone else did. But it's also why I'm expressing concern for you.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Hey, you ever thought how people described how someone was running in a circle before the invention of clocks?

Think of the mouthful it must have been to describe the movement.

Given the hyped up fear that kids can't read clocks any more, maybe we'll find out firsthand.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Hey, you ever thought how people described how someone was running in a circle before the invention of clocks?

Think of the mouthful it must have been to describe the movement.

Given the hyped up fear that kids can't read clocks any more, maybe we'll find out firsthand.
They had other means of telling time before clocks, like sundials. Maybe they'd describe in terms of solar or lunar movements instead i.e. turning sunwise, or something.