Shower Thoughts MK2

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I think it'd give you a hairy tongue, and nobody wants that (not that hairy palms are desirable by comparison.)

Also, use your shower time to think of less disturbing things. The irony of you getting that filthy while cleaning up is not lost on me.
Shower seems a logical and sensible place to think about wanking and oral sex to me.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Vietnam is probably the first major war (at least from the western perspective) where the music of the time sounds modern (early modern, but still), instead of really old-timey.

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
it's time..

to cancel.jesus.

sorry, kids.

you got santa still!

don't worry.

opulent gifts too.

but jesus.

has gotta go.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I just came upon another Fermi Paradox answer: the reason we see no aliens on Earth is because they may only colonize uninhabited star systems. And yes I came upon it by asking how Earth could conquer the universe and what it would need to do so.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I just came upon another Fermi Paradox answer: the reason we see no aliens on Earth is because they may only colonize uninhabited star systems. And yes I came upon it by asking how Earth could conquer the universe and what it would need to do so.
I've shared this once before, and it's only tangentially related to your thought, but check out this video detailing how humans could theoretically spread through out the universe without ever exceeding the speed of light.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Ok, so if Palpatine is implied to be Anakin's/Vader's father sorta, then that makes Rey and Ren related.

That kiss at the end makes sense now.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Do you reckon a bunch of cartoon villains are only prevented from sending their comically thick and strangely dressed minions to try to overthrow the US government by it being too political and woke for villains to do that nowdays?

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
You never need to worry about being on the wrong side of history if you just bomb all the other sides out of existence. 👩‍🔬

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I have furniture with pointy corners that I'm very good at catching my shin on. So, gave myself a nasty graze, put a bandaid on, later hit the same place (maybe on the same piece of furniture) and now have a bruise above and below where the bandaid was, but not really where it would have been covered.

Do bandaids protect shins from bruising, or make bruises heal faster? Seems odd.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I am far from being an adherent to all things that stereotypically define masculinity, except for one thing: a limp handshake. If I shake a man's hand and it feels like I'm holding an empty glove or greeting a mannequin at a department store... ugh. It almost says MORE to me than anything coming out of that man's mouth. Everything said thereafter, I'm grated by the idea that he's either hiding something or lacks the conviction behind his words. I'm not saying I need a man to break my hand with a vice grip-like grab before I can trust him, but a firm, respectful grip simply says "I'm engaged, committed to our interaction, and stand behind what I say." I mean, even if I end up not liking the guy or disagreeing with what he says, at least a firm handshake tells me "yeah, he's a genuine asshole," as opposed to a limp one which tells me "meh, this guy lacks the confidence to be a genuine asshole."

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I am far from being an adherent to all things that stereotypically define masculinity, except for one thing: a limp handshake. If I shake a man's hand and it feels like I'm holding an empty glove or greeting a mannequin at a department store... ugh. It almost says MORE to me than anything coming out of that man's mouth. Everything said thereafter, I'm grated by the idea that he's either hiding something or lacks the conviction behind his words. I'm not saying I need a man to break my hand with a vice grip-like grab before I can trust him, but a firm, respectful grip simply says "I'm engaged, committed to our interaction, and stand behind what I say." I mean, even if I end up not liking the guy or disagreeing with what he says, at least a firm handshake tells me "yeah, he's a genuine asshole," as opposed to a limp one which tells me "meh, this guy lacks the confidence to be a genuine asshole."
Or he doesn't like to touch strangers, perhaps.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Ok, so the place where I live is a giant ball of superheated molten rock, apart from a thin, mostly stable crust at the outside, and that's where I am. Bits of rock that've been floating round the infinity void for all eternity keep falling down on top of it, but mostly land in unimportant places, and there is a big bubble of nitrogen and oxygen that causes them to slow down and disintegrate, so no biggie.

Also, because of all the oxygen we can have fires. Wood can burn nicely, but the best wood is that which has come from trees that have died millions of years ago and have been squished into goo. To the extent that piles of that goo are hugely valuable and people fight over them all the time.

The world is really weird if I stop and look at it from another perspective.

I say to people on the other side of the planet, using a magic machine I've only got a vague idea how it works.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
If an alien could only hear at a pitch just outside the human vocal range, you could drive past them while shouting and they could hear you due to the doppler effect.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
If an alien could only hear at a pitch just outside the human vocal range, you could drive past them while shouting and they could hear you due to the doppler effect.
I'll always remember learning about the doppler effect in middle school. I was in the back of the class not really paying attention when suddenly the teacher ran down the classroom yelling. I thought he'd seen a school shooter or something.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Wild Dog (Time Crisis) always dresses like a John Woo character, mainly similar to Mark Gor from A Better Tomorrow, because he grew up watching them as a mid or late teen and is a big fan. Wild Dog himself is an expy and reference to Mad Dog from Hard Boiled. He more than likely took the name and changed the first part in honor of the character, and because he's such a big Woo nerd. WD more than likely watches all of Woo's films (mainly his Hong Kong works before going over to Hollywood) when not on the clock nor dicking with the VSSE.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Being in North Texas, I'm in an ideal place to witness the total solar eclipse on April 8th. While I am intrigued and will watch it, I'm no where NEAR as excited as a lot of people. They're traveling from all over the nation (some from around the world) just to see it here. Places like parks and vineyards are selling tickets for events with food and music, etc. Yeah, people are paying money to other people to look at the sun.

Anyway, my thought in the shower this morning is that it would be wildly hilarious if they somehow got the date wrong. Like everyone's all anxious, getting ready, buying plane tickets, renting hotels, and on April 7th: "BREAKING NEWS!!! WE FUCKED UP!! THE ECLIPSE IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!! GET OUTSIDE QUICK!!" It'd be glorious chaos; I can just imagine all the saps who left their glasses at home running outside to risk a glance with regular sunglasses or peek bare-eyed for a couple of seconds.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Once you seen one eclipse you pretty much seen em all. Can't understand the excitement tbh. Nothing happens anyway. no apocalypse, no hell portal invasions, no plagues or floods, no cosmic curses, no Yiggian rebirthies, noppo nowt nadda not a quantum tad of buggerfuck nothing. Is cheaper and easier to obtain the same disappointment playing a Ouija board.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Once you seen one eclipse you pretty much seen em all. Can't understand the excitement tbh. Nothing happens anyway. no apocalypse, no hell portal invasions, no plagues or floods, no cosmic curses, no Yiggian rebirthies, noppo nowt nadda not a quantum tad of buggerfuck nothing.
...yet. There's always hope for the next eclipse.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
...yet. There's always hope for the next eclipse.
Come and defile us!. WE WANT it to end in cruel destruction. We deserve only cosmic spite when the planets do align and the signs are here! Let them come and take their place, sweep humanity aside like the diseased garbage we are.

Let us chant:
Zi dingir anna kanpa! Zi dingir kia kanpa!

Ah well... Or maybe it is just a cool coincidence (You know, moon about as big as sun as seen from earth) and a nice occasion to socialize, have snack and gather outside and enjoy a grand beautiful display of physics?