Shower Thoughts MK2

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Come and defile us!. WE WANT it to end in cruel destruction. We deserve only cosmic spite when the planets do align and the signs are here! Let them come and take their place, sweep humanity aside like the diseased garbage we are.

Let us chant:
Zi dingir anna kanpa! Zi dingir kia kanpa!
When the planets do align? There's one planet and one moon involved. I refused to be invaded by any space monster that doesn't know basic astronomy.

(I am now imagining the Elon Musk of space monsters, wasting resources on stupid vanity invasions that don't work)

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I don't get why people get their panties in a huge fucking twist when they completely misunderstand what the Tomatometer on Rotten Tomatoes means, when everyone seems to immediately get what Steam Ratings mean.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I wonder if British people started dropping their h's because it's proper to use 'an' rather than 'a' before a word beginning with 'h' and it's just awkward to say.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Somehow got my family member to proudly admit they are a holocaust denier, drink their own piss as well as putting it on wounds to "heal faster" during a rare heated confrontation today. Fuckin hell they are so gone, way more than anticipated. And knowing the many dehumanisation tactics these belief structures rely upon to shield the believers from criticism, am unable to feel safe around them after this in case they're talked in to whatever drastic "fixing" measures by their local conspiracy friends who also share some pretty scary views on vaccinated people and anyone else who challenges them. I could be a clone or a demon or possessed or mind controlled by bill gates chips or a matrix NPC or whatever, am not sure which it'll be but it will be something meaning being cut off completely is the least concerning possible outcome now. Yet if given chance to go back in time, it'd still be the same cause the alternative is allowing literal fckin hooky nazi ranting to go unquestioned and implicitly agreed with more than it already has (sadly is how it works in their minds). Made sure to be careful avoiding insulting or condescending language, spoke as measured as could've hoped to be, tried to add constructive suggestions for critical thinking as facts are a long lost cause either way, regrets have been minimised as far as they can. Regardless, shits seriously fucked.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Being in North Texas, I'm in an ideal place to witness the total solar eclipse on April 8th. While I am intrigued and will watch it, I'm no where NEAR as excited as a lot of people. They're traveling from all over the nation (some from around the world) just to see it here. Places like parks and vineyards are selling tickets for events with food and music, etc. Yeah, people are paying money to other people to look at the sun.

Anyway, my thought in the shower this morning is that it would be wildly hilarious if they somehow got the date wrong. Like everyone's all anxious, getting ready, buying plane tickets, renting hotels, and on April 7th: "BREAKING NEWS!!! WE FUCKED UP!! THE ECLIPSE IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!! GET OUTSIDE QUICK!!" It'd be glorious chaos; I can just imagine all the saps who left their glasses at home running outside to risk a glance with regular sunglasses or peek bare-eyed for a couple of seconds.

Local weatherman said last night that it will likely be cloudy the day of the eclipse. We'll still see the unnatural darkness, but still... lol.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
It'll certa
Do clouds obscuring the eclipse make it even better? :unsure:
It'll certainly make it more ominous. I'm just cracking up thinking about all the eclipse glasses dealers skipping town with with pockets full of cash while we lot stand around staring at clouds. And man, all those suckers who traveled here from hundreds and thousands of miles away! 😂 I don't typically get schadenfreude... I get it now.

Majestic_Manatee

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2017
Country
Wales
April Fool's day is just The Purge for bad comedians stuck in middle management. For the safety of the coworkers who don't politely laugh back.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Nintendo should make the Switch successor really shitty, and call it the Switcheroo

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
when serious news headlines use quotation marks for words describing horrific events, is impossible for me to read them as anything other than sarcastic

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
What's the difference between 'looking at' something and 'watching' something. They mean the same thing but feel different.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
What's the difference between 'looking at' something and 'watching' something. They mean the same thing but feel different.
I'd saying the only difference would intensity of intent. When I "look at" something, my eyes can easily drift to something else without the slightest thought, but if I'm "watching" something, I am focused and fixated on it specifically. That said, I think Thaluikhain makes a good point; "looking at" something can merit the same level of intensity of "watching" something if you consider you might "look at" a painting to examine its every detail, but as it's not moving, it makes no sense to say you "watch" one.

Reactions: Drathnoxis

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Taylor Swift's fanbase is effectively the antithesis to MAGA Republicans, i.e.: both are fanatic cults. If she were to run for president against Trump, the ensuing civil war would bring this country to its knees amidst a sea of fraud, grabbed p*ssies, breakup tracks, and Ticketmaster's systems failures. Meanwhile, rational and sane individuals like myself would be piled up at both the southern and northern US borders creating an emigration crisis to balance the immigration crisis we're dealing with right now.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Taylor Swift's fanbase is effectively the antithesis to MAGA Republicans, i.e.: both are fanatic cults. If she were to run for president against Trump, the ensuing civil war would bring this country to its knees amidst a sea of fraud, grabbed p*ssies, breakup tracks, and Ticketmaster's systems failures. Meanwhile, rational and sane individuals like myself would be piled up at both the southern and northern US borders creating an emigration crisis to balance the immigration crisis we're dealing with right now.
Wait until you get to the Beyonce fan base. Good news is last I checked her and Taylor Swift get along fine so the fans don't have problems with each other. The beyoncé fans will keep them balanced and in their place. As a Linkin Park & Gorillaz fan, I never have to worry about this. Absolutely don't have the idiotic fans, but most of the fans are respectful and are very sane.