Shower Thoughts MK2

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Yeah, keeping the trigger depressed means nothing would happen, I meant "touching the trigger" or "inside the trigger guard". Pressure has to be released and then applied again to fire it a second time. Lose control of the weapon due to recoil and that can happen very quickly without the shooter intending it.
Oh right, I very badly misunderstood that. Much to learn I have, to Gun Jesus I go.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Interesting decision to cast a black woman for the role of Black Canary. And TIL said actress is related to Jussie Smollet, renowned hate crime reenactor.

Shower thought brought to you by this video:

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And TIL said actress is related to Jussie Smollet, renowned hate crime reenactor.
I did not know that. She still did a great job, and I don't hate her for being related to that asshole. She never calls any trouble, so I have nothing against her as long as she acts like a decent person.

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
Screenshot_20221005-163335.png

I knew it! This pushing of nuke fears was all a ruse just to sell us some shoddy stinky slime bunkers all along!

Ta, mate. Tho would rather take the chance of dying where the sun still shines and the sewage ain't the wallpaper.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Why don't people use titles like Mr. or Mrs. anymore? Everybody just calls everyone by their first name now. I think I can count how many times I've been called Mr. on two hands.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
We live in a world where songs have been released featuring singers that never actually existed. That's pretty weird.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Why don't people use titles like Mr. or Mrs. anymore? Everybody just calls everyone by their first name now. I think I can count how many times I've been called Mr. on two hands.
Because unless you're a teacher and the person talking to you is a student, there's no need to talk that way.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Because unless you're a teacher and the person talking to you is a student, there's no need to talk that way.
Yeah, but why? What's so special about a teacher student relationship that it requires a Mr. or Mrs. people used to use those titles all the time for everyone.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Why do dogs vary wildly in size, but not cats?
I assume because dogs were bred for more variety of tasks, from vermin hunting, herding sheep, tracking/retrieving prey, and guarding homes.
Meanwhile cats are mostly used for vermin hunting (and thus don't get much bigger than terriers, their canine counterparts) or being fancy lap pets.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Bill Pullman could play Ted Cruz in the biopic. Ha ha ha there's not going to be a biopic.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
If skin color is an adaptive response to levels of sunlight, why didn't us brown and black people have less uniformly colored skin? I know some darker skinned folk have noticeably lighter soles and palms, so why aren't underarms and nether regions also lighter?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
On a related note (I was going to put this in "What have you learned today?" thread, but works here), apparently early humans (and related species) got Vitamin D from eating lots of meat. It was only when some groups moved to a more plant based diet that they needed more Vitamin D from the sun, and so in places away from the equator they became paler.

Neanderthals, with their high meat diet, would have remained dark skinned, and natives of Tasmania, which were isolated for many thousands of years, retained a high meat diet and so never became paler, despite being at a latitude that has produced paler people elsewhere with different diets.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Why don't delivery people knock anymore? I'm talking Amazon, UPS, USPS, etc. It used to be they'd drop a parcel off and give a complimentary rap on the door even if no signature or other confirmation of delivery was required. Now? I open the door and my piece of the True Cross signed by Jesus himself is just sitting there, unceremoniously dropped on the door mat waiting to be tripped over or stolen because it was delivered hours before I'd even a notion to open the front door. One would think knocking would have become MORE common since the pandemic and upsurge in "from home" shopping, but it seems to have gone the exact opposite direction.

Reactions: BrawlMan