Shows you wish weren't cancelled

Maleval

Feb 2, 2011
I'm going to go with The Dresden Files. Awesome Contemporary fantasy/Mystery series with an emphasis on the mystery part. It was neat to read the novels about this wizard-detective doing wizardly stuff t save the world and then watching the show about a very similar wizard-detective doing slightly wizardly detective stuff to actually solve crimes and whatnot.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
demoman_chaos said:
Whose Line Is It Anyway?
The most consistently funny show I've ever seen. Costs almost nothing to produce outside the actors' salary and the cost of the props.
Some of that show was the actors only salary. Esp. if you watch the BBC version not the Drew Carey ripoff.

OT: Firefly would be on my list, but I wouldn't want to see it get Wheadon'd to death by overexposure. Just a little bit more of Wash, a few tie-ups of loose plot and then Serenity to finish it off. Wheadon makes good concepts but milks them to death, then hitches the cart to it.
Other than that, Brimstone. Great concept (I thought) a little ahead of its time. Look it up, it has Lori Petty of Tank Girl cult fame.

jprf

May 18, 2011
Simmo8591 said:
Red dwarf - I want the film to come out!

Hell Cats - Finally a show about cheerleading where they throw proper stunts
Red Dwarf has been uncancelled- there's a new series coming soon with the entire original cast. I'm not so sure that's a good thing to be honest, they could ruin one of my favourite programmes if they do it wrong.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
demoman_chaos said:
Whose Line Is It Anyway?
The most consistently funny show I've ever seen. Costs almost nothing to produce outside the actors' salary and the cost of the props.
Have you any idea how much those props cost?

I mean Canadian comedians are dime a dozen, but where the hell do you find things like this:

They got to be custom made in Switzerland and flown over before they go off. Probably why the show got cancelled from the huge debts of those extraordinary props.

mlooshka

Nov 19, 2009
Treblaine said:
Shows that SHOULD have been cancelled: 24.
Now now, if we started listing shows that should have been cancelled we'd never stop. As for the ones that shouldn't have been, I could be really redundant and say Firefly again, but I won't. Oh wait...

Also, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Dark Angel and Carnivale yet - two shows that got killed in the middle of serious plot arcs.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Jedisolo75 said:
Firefly, obviously, but one that I really loved that ended up getting canceled was Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. That was such a great show, but it was too smart for people.
No it was to smart for most Americans. I am not trying to offend anyone. I know there are clever Americans out there but if I remember correctly it did quite well in Europe.

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
Lizardon said:
Heroes. Although it fell apart towards the end, I would have liked a proper conclusion.
Same, it could have been so good. Also Scrubs, I'm sad that's finished. Such a happy show. I wish Game of Thrones would continue forever, but alas, it has an ending. I really hope Top Gear is continued to be brodcast for as long as the presenters are alive. Oh and I miss Unforgotten Realms on the Escapist. Such sillieness.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
demoman_chaos said:
Whose Line Is It Anyway?
I have some good news, assuming you liked the American version: there's a new show with the same idea and the same cast, called Drew Carey's Improv-A-Ganza airing on Game Show Network.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Carey%27s_Improv-A-Ganza

pvt_hudson

Dec 12, 2009
Firefly obviously and Deadwood, more Deadwood because we didn't get a Serenity! I miss Al and his foul mouth...

Liudeius

Oct 5, 2010
Stargate Atlantis. SG-1 was admittedly aged, but Atlantis seemed to be getting better.
I'm glad Universe was canceled though. I didn't like it and now maybe there will be another new one?

Killertje

Dec 12, 2010
Terminator: TSCC
Firefly
Buffy
Angel
Dollhouse
Anything Stargate (even universe, although season 1 should be destroyed and never spoken of again)
Greek

Oh, and Dr Horrible's sing along blog, so I guess that's everything Joss Whedon ever worked on.

Rayansaki

May 5, 2009
Heroes, Firefly, Legend of the Seeker, Jericho, Flash Forward. That's it that I can remember.. Hope they renew Camelot for a new season, Nowadays Camelot, Game of Thrones and South Park is all I watch :[

Exo-Mike said:
Don't think this was mentioned earlier so I went on wiki to check the series existed

John Doe
Oh Yeah, I remember that, it was really awesome, another one that I miss (And somehow barely remember anymore...)

RYjet911

May 11, 2008
Lie to Me and Korgoth of Barbaria. The first one because it was pretty much House but about telling people's lies, and the second because it was an awesome pilot episode to an adult cartoon series about violence, action, violence, gore, violence and more violence, well written and created by some of the people behind two of my favourite children's cartoons, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and Spongebob Squarepants. And for whatever reason, it never took off, despite the following it had when the pilot got circulated through various websites.

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
ToastiestZombie said:
Charlie Brookers Screenwipe, although im not sure. There has been yearly specials but I havent seen any weekly series though.
Dude, you have no idea how much I love screenwipe. And Charlie Brooker.

I wholeheartedly agree with this man.