Sick of Captchas? How About Chess Puzzles?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Crono1973 said:
Strazdas said:
Crono1973 said:
Strazdas said:
Crono1973 said:
Strazdas said:
Escapist is the ONLY website where the capchas are often relevant and fun. this is probably the only site where after the update i stopped hatting them. though those advertisement ones or pick a word ones are stupid beyond belif.

P.S. capcha: main chance.
It knows, it knows, run for your lives, skynet is going into defence mode.
Escapist is the only site where we have to deal with captchas outside of registration. For example, I also post on a much bigger site (NeoGaf) and they don't require captchas despite having many more users and posts per day. They also don't have bots.

So why is it that this relatively small forum needs us to prove we are human every few posts?
Far from it. There are many palces where you need capchas for EVERY comment.
and escapist isnt that small of a forum...
Ok, well it's the only forum I have seen that makes you constantly prove that you are human. Even if what you say is true, that doesn't make it ok.

I mean, isn't it clear that a poster who has been tested hundreds of times isn't a bot?
Oh i agree that users with, say, posts above 100 should be excluded from capchas. im not arguing with you on that.

..and the question is, why aren't established posters excluded from captchas?
Why is uncertain, but i remember administration saying last year that it wont happen.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Strazdas said:
Crono1973 said:
Strazdas said:
Crono1973 said:
Strazdas said:
Crono1973 said:
Strazdas said:
Escapist is the ONLY website where the capchas are often relevant and fun. this is probably the only site where after the update i stopped hatting them. though those advertisement ones or pick a word ones are stupid beyond belif.

Escapist is the only site where we have to deal with captchas outside of registration. For example, I also post on a much bigger site (NeoGaf) and they don't require captchas despite having many more users and posts per day. They also don't have bots.

So why is it that this relatively small forum needs us to prove we are human every few posts?
Ok, well it's the only forum I have seen that makes you constantly prove that you are human. Even if what you say is true, that doesn't make it ok.

I mean, isn't it clear that a poster who has been tested hundreds of times isn't a bot?
Oh i agree that users with, say, posts above 100 should be excluded from capchas. im not arguing with you on that.

Why is uncertain, but i remember administration saying last year that it wont happen.
I think why is certain, as of now most captchas are ads. I have to refresh 7 or 8 times usually to get a captcha that isn't an ad. In time I am betting that they will all be ads and I will either have to type ad slogans to post here or stop posting.

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
Crono1973 said:
Strazdas said:
Crono1973 said:
Strazdas said:
Crono1973 said:
Strazdas said:
Crono1973 said:
Strazdas said:

I think why is certain, as of now most captchas are ads. I have to refresh 7 or 8 times usually to get a captcha that isn't an ad. In time I am betting that they will all be ads and I will either have to type ad slogans to post here or stop posting.
That is strange. i get an ad capcha like every 20 capchas i type in. most are actually quite funny. you can often see me posting "capcha: " at the end of my posts as i find some capchas be very relevant.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Strazdas said:
Crono1973 said:
Strazdas said:
Crono1973 said:
Strazdas said:
Crono1973 said:
Strazdas said:
Crono1973 said:
Strazdas said:

That is strange. i get an ad capcha like every 20 capchas i type in. most are actually quite funny. you can often see me posting "capcha: " at the end of my posts as i find some capchas be very relevant.
It's usually the same two credit card ads repeating over and over again until I get a text based captcha.

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
Crono1973 said:
It's usually the same two credit card ads repeating over and over again until I get a text based captcha.
funnily enough i got a Dannon ad this time around :p you sir bring bad ad luck :p