Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I remember seeing this up for preorder on psn, not sure if I'll get it yet, the art style kinda throws me off but I've been on an IP Man binge lately so I do want something different and this looks different enough.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Still looks cool, sound design is questionable though. Punches sound like hitting a pile of towels.
I like it for a change because hitting flesh sounds more like hitting meat, and it would get old hearing more percussive brand of sound effect for flurries of hits. Hopefully though if there’s stuff like bone breaking or using melee weapons it will take those into account.

I also like how there seems to be dynamic environmental damage possibilities like kicking the guy through the railing. Along with using random objects as one-off melee weapons.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I noticed that this game has elements of Urban Reign, Absolver, Yakuza and God Hand. I know the IGN hands-on video said there is some Arkham/Sleeping Dogs, but that looks and plays better than either two. Especially the former. The Urban Reign elements I see the environmental interactions and crowd control. Enemies are aggressive and defensive, and you can't button mash your way through them. That is where some God Hand elements come in too. The Yakuza elements is when certain mooks get there own heat bar/stamina when they are guard broken enough or take a certain amount of damage. It's not randomized like the demons in God Hand, but feels similar.

As soon as this game is up on PSN/Digital Stores for pre-order, I am putting the full amount down. This game is looking to be the equivalent of every Hong Kong martial arts movie/Jackie Chan film, The Raid, and Old Boy. Neat.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I noticed that this game has elements of Urban Reign, Absolver, Yakuza and God Hand. I know the IGN hands-on video said there is some Arkham/Sleeping Dogs, but that looks and plays better than either two. Especially the former. The Urban Reign elements I see the environmental interactions and crowd control. Enemies are aggressive and defensive, and you can't button mash your way through them. That is where some God Hand elements come in too. The Yakuza elements is when certain mooks get there own heat bar/stamina when they are guard broken enough or take a certain amount of damage. It's not randomized like the demons in God Hand, but feels similar.

As soon as this game is up on PSN/Digital Stores for pre-order, I am putting the full amount down. This game is looking to be the equivalent of every Hong Kong martial arts movie/Jackie Chan film, The Raid, and Old Boy. Neat.
Don't pre-order dude, you of all people should know better.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Don't pre-order dude, you of all people should know better.
I pre-order when it's a niche game (knowing there won't be that many physical copies, if I don't pre-order) or something that holds my interest. This game holds my high interest. I don't pre-order every single game that comes my way unlike some gamers and people I know in real life. I pretty much know what I'm getting into. Also, whenever I pre-order something, it's usually because I traded something I don't want it anymore, and I use that store credit money to go towards my pre-order at GameStop. I have a system when need be.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I pre-order when it's a niche game (knowing there won't be that many physical copies, if I don't pre-order) or something that holds my interest. This game holds my high interest. I don't pre-order every single game that comes my way unlike some gamers and people I know in real life. I pretty much know what I'm getting into. Also, whenever I pre-order something, it's usually because I traded something I don't want in anymore, and I use that store credit money to go towards my pre-order at GameStop. I have a system when need be.
Yeah but you said you was gonna pre-order the digital one on PSN. That's feeding the system, you aint supposed to do that. I buy every game (just look at all my impressions) but I never pre-order. Don't make me get the shame bell out on you :D

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah but you said you was gonna pre-order the digital one on PSN. That's feeding the system, you aint supposed to do that.
So? I already did that with GameStop or Best Buy more times than I care to count. Plus, I was already in the PSN system the moment I registered my PS4. I was already in the system when I had to pay for PSN/PS+. Which the former used to be free on PS3. Until Sony went back on their word twice and went from $50 a year to $60 a year for something that used to be free. Thankfully, I always go to GameStop around December to get my discount on PS+ and add a $5 cupon on top of that for a full year subscription. Sony and Sloclap are going to get my money regardless if I pre-order or don't. If they don't have pre-order option, and won't put anything up until 2/8/22 release day, then fine by me.

I buy every game (just look at all my impressions) but I never pre-order.
I only buy what interests me. I rarely pre-order too, so it's not that big of a deal.

Don't make me get the shame bell out on you
Shame away. It has no effect on me. I am in such a good mood!

Reactions: CriticalGaming

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Looks like there will be a later physical release of the game after the digital only release in Feb. They did this with Kena too, where a physical version came out a couple months after the actual release. I don't really like this trend tbh, if you are going to do a physical version anyway and you know it in advance, why not just release them together so that people who like physical games don't have to wait.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Looks like there will be a later physical release of the game after the digital only release in Feb. They did this with Kena too, where a physical version came out a couple months after the actual release. I don't really like this trend tbh, if you are going to do a physical version anyway and you know it in advance, why not just release them together so that people who like physical games don't have to wait.
Thanks. The only reason they do this is to ensure that the game is a success digitally, then put it out physically. That way they actually save money. I don't like this method either, and is cheating the consumer out, forcing them to buy the game twice or multiple times.

The same thing happened with Streets of Rage 4. Limited Run Games stated that no other physical releases were going to be made so you have to hurry up and pre-order. That turned out to be a major lie. Just a couple months after the pre-orders, a separate physical version that did not involve them was announced, enlisted on Amazon and all retail stores. Aside from a few other games I ordered, I'm never touching LRG ever again. I am happy with what I got, but when you do something something like that, you lose major trust with me. Besides, whenever LRG announces a game that's physical for a limited time, that's not true either. You can generally find most of their games at a Best Buy.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America