Signs Point To Imminent Dark Souls PC Port

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Wonderful news, but Capcom's history of PC ports is only starting to improve. I still remember the piss-poor Silent Hill port and Resident Evil 4's, with the first honestly good port I've come across being Dead Rising 2.

I'm... cautiously optimistic. :)

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Lunar Templar said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Lunar Templar said:
:p good for them, they can keep having all the pride they want, they can have a big ol parade if it makes em feel better.

I will be over here, with ever other gamer not blinded by foolish platform elitism enjoying a good game
It does a disservice to the community as a whole to make sweeping generalisations like that. Particularly when the platform in question is wider than a wide thing and broader than a thing which is broad. Lets just hope they decide to port it so that those of us who wish to play it on a PC, can.

Also, you may want to look up on Severance Blade of Darkness and roguelikes in general. The Souls series has more in common with PC franchises in general than you might think. So yes, Dark Souls has potential to be a good PC title as well.
which has what to do with me pitching him crap for being snobbish? i WANT Dark Souls on the PC, it was one of the games i knew i was going to miss when i got rid of my PS3 (Journey as well :( )

sides, i don't care what ties it has to PC gaming, Demon's Souls was brutal, but great, i expect more of the same from this :D for love of the game, not the platform i say!!
Oh, sorry, I appear to have misread your comment...

And I'm right there with ya. I love the PC gaming that consists of our STALKERs and Mechwarriors, but that never stopped me from appreciating the Red Dead Redemptions and WipeOuts on the other side. It pains me when console gamers see 'PC Master Race' as anything other than an ironic statement, while it pains me even more when a few misguided PC gamers take it literally.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Oh, sorry, I appear to have misread your comment...

And I'm right there with ya. I love the PC gaming that consists of our STALKERs and Mechwarriors, but that never stopped me from appreciating the Red Dead Redemptions and WipeOuts on the other side. It pains me when console gamers see 'PC Master Race' as anything other than an ironic statement, while it pains me even more when a few misguided PC gamers take it literally.
its cool.

ah Mechwarrior ... :) good times there in 2, 2:mercs and 3. but yeah, I hear ya on the 'master race' non sense, but then, I'm 30, I grew up with 'the console wars' at this point, hearing that kind of ignorant elitism makes me laugh. the games are meant to be enjoyed, not looked down on cause a publisher released in for one platform over another, .... unless its tied to something like Origin .... but that's a whole other thing there

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
IamLEAM1983 said:
Wonderful news, but Capcom's history of PC ports is only starting to improve. I still remember the piss-poor Silent Hill port and Resident Evil 4's, with the first honestly good port I've come across being Dead Rising 2.

o.0 .... capcom ....? this isn't a capcom game ..... nether is silent hill for that matter

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Lunar Templar said:
IamLEAM1983 said:

o.0 .... capcom ....? this isn't a capcom game ..... nether is silent hill for that matter
Aw, crap. Leave it to me to jumble two memories together and make a fool out of myself online.

Yeah, sorry. Silent Hill is Konami and Dark Souls is FromSoftware (and apparently published by Namco Bandai). Mea culpa, d'oh and other such stuff you say when you make a colossal derp.

Still. Konami's port for Silent Hill wasn't terrific.