Silent Hill Collection Will Be PS3 Exclusive

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Silent Hill Collection Will Be PS3 Exclusive

Sorry, Silent Hill fans, the HD Silent Hill Collection isn't going to be available on the 360.

When Konami announced its HD collections of old PlayStation titles at its pre-E3 event, it made a lot of fans pretty happy. Honestly, who wouldn't want a HD-remastered collection of Zone of Enders, Metal Gear Solid, and Silent Hill games? However, it turns out that only the first two collections will be available on both the PS3 and 360; Silent Hill Collection is only coming out for the PS3.

Silent Hill Collection will only include Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3, though there's no word on why the first game hasn't been included. Aside from the HD graphics, Collection will also feature totally new voice acting and trophy support on the PSN.

At the moment, Silent Hill Collection is due out sometime this Fall, but nothing more definite has been announced. Expect more details when the release is a little closer.

Source: Joystiq

ThisIsSnake

Mar 3, 2011
vansau said:
Silent Hill Collection will only include Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3, though there's no word on why the first game hasn't been included. Aside from the HD graphics, Collection will also feature totally new voice acting and trophy support on the PSN.
I would wager it's based on the Silent Hill Collection they released for PS2 after the movie released which only contained 2, 3 and the Room. Is the room included? otherwise it just doesn't seem like a collection to me.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
RollForInitiative said:
Two of five doesn't seem like much of a "collection," does it? Still, at least they got the two best ones.
They are easily the best two but I'd really want the original as well. They can keep The Room - didn't even finish it. Lazy game.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
I own both consoles so exclusivity means jack shit to me but I'm very much glad they are re-releasing them. Been meaning to play them but the PS3 has no backwards compatibility and I'm not up for buying a PS2 just to do it. Too bad they aren't releasing the first as the EU PSOne market on PSN is somehow missing the title and its a real shame along with being a real pain in the arse as I really wanted to go back and actually complete it.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
New voice acting? Does that mean they're replacing actors or just adding more lines?

[sub]Either one makes sense. Heather was cool, though.[/sub]

weker

May 27, 2009
Great dust 514 now this, why cant we just have one console *sob

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
vansau said:
height='262']

Sorry, Silent Hill fans, the HD Silent Hill Collection isn't going to be available on the 360.
I don't mean to nit-pick, but shouldn't this read something like,

Sorry, 360 owners, the HD Silent Hill Collection isn't going to be available on the 360.

You mind of make it sound like those of us that have a PS3 are a detriment to the exclusive. :(

weker

May 27, 2009
Kanaan Brood said:
I may just have to buy a PS3 this year. I'm seeing more reasons all the time.
I plan to buy the Wii U instead. I was planning on buying a ps3, but the weeeoooooh is such a multi tool of gimmicks, bits and bobs my choice has been changed.
Also Nintendo for me have hands down the best exclusives track list, Sony and Microsoft have great stuff its just their stuck in a rut with sequels now.

thepyrethatburns

Sep 22, 2010
HD/"Updated" collections: Not only are they a way to get people to pay twice for the same game but they put the lie to the common refrain "I don't care about graphics."

Mr. Eff_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2009
"New voice acting?"

Most of the voice acting in those games was excellent. I hope they got some of the old actors to return - especially Guy Cihi.

Caveworm

Jun 8, 2011
That is a bit sad; only played the first two back in the day, but really enjoyed them.

I am tempted to get PS3 at some point. Mainly for the HD remake of ICO & Shadow of the Colossus.

pigmypython

Jan 15, 2010
Getting the first one in HD would have been what I was looking for...kind of a deal breaker for me.

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
Mr. Eff said:
"New voice acting?"

Most of the voice acting in those games was excellent. I hope they got some of the old actors to return - especially Guy Cihi.
I just can't picture anyone playing James. And while Mary/Maria was pretty much just decent, the letter at the end of Silent Hill 2 was perfect...I'm afraid anything different will just not have the same emotional impact on me.

Eddie, Angela, and especially Laura could easily be replaced, though. I wouldn't mind.