Silent Hill Collection Will Be PS3 Exclusive

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
All these HD remakes lately. I guess the ps2 really DOES have the best game library there is.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Wait...hold on...excuse me? New voice acting? Why the hell would you want to do that?

I was slowly accepting the idea of the collection, but this? Now I'm worried, I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about this...

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
ThisIsSnake said:
vansau said:
Silent Hill Collection will only include Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3, though there's no word on why the first game hasn't been included. Aside from the HD graphics, Collection will also feature totally new voice acting and trophy support on the PSN.
I would wager it's based on the Silent Hill Collection they released for PS2 after the movie released which only contained 2, 3 and the Room. Is the room included? otherwise it just doesn't seem like a collection to me.
Nope, no Room. What a shitty collection. Who made these again? They are getting hate mail right now!

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
weker said:
Treaos Serrare said:
An HD remake of the First Silent Hill would make Konami more money than Mario makes for Nintendo, that's not a joke either, that's a fact.I think they're saving it as a surprise for when the release date/window gets closer, because 2 out of 5 is not much of a collection at all(Shattered memories doesn't count for 1.) be cause it sucks balls, and 2.)it is completely different from the silent hill series as a whole, The Room is a better game than it)
"more money than Mario" Wow that is one hell of a bold claim, I think your joking. If you are not joking how did you get that idea.
Mario is huge, he has a cult and there is no denying that,but he runs on nostalgia and minute innovations here and there. pretty soon people are gonna get tired of him and Nintendo will drop him like a diseased rat, hopefully those two instances will be simultaneous or else it will be a costly mistake, and Nintendo has made some costly mistakes in the past(see the falling out between them and Sony that birthed the PlayStation) beyond that, id say that the fans of SH are just as numerous as Mario's and most if not all would buy an hd remake of the first game of the series day one, and if konami plays their cards right they could make a collectors edition out of this bundle and make even more money(a proper collectors edition would have to include a bloody bible from the towns cult that details the history of it and of the town, or a replica of the Metatron)

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Good news for owners of both consoles like me, though. HD Silent Hill remakes for me! :D

Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Wait...hold on...excuse me? New voice acting? Why the hell would you want to do that?

I was slowly accepting the idea of the collection, but this? Now I'm worried, I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about this...
Optimism decreasing... :/

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
badgersprite said:
Good news for owners of both consoles like me, though. HD Silent Hill remakes for me! :D

Fiz_The_Toaster said:

Optimism decreasing... :/
My little fangirl just sighed deeply and went to go get a drink. I'm still going to get it since it just gives me an excuse, like I need one, to play them again, it's just that part worries me.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
Metal Gear Solid HD and Silent Hill HD?

OT: I just bought the First Silent Hill the day the PSN came up, and I'm amazed at how freaky it is, graphical downgrade or not. I will definitely be up to trying Silent Hill 2 and 3 in a collection, that would be epic. EDIT: I guess I should mention I never played Silent Hill ever, and I refuse to play sequels until I play the first game, so...yeah.

As for MGS HD: Well, it is probably the only video game series that I would buy again, even though I own the original version of it on PSX.

Also can anyone clarify if it will have Trophies, new voice acting, or will it have Metal Gear Solid's 2 or 3 in HD? If anyone knows, I'd love to know as well.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
Oh look it's Sony being assholes again and making exclusives to spite every other console owner. If think that this makes up for the crap they constantly pull they've got another thing coming....

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
Biodeamon said:
Oh look it's Sony being assholes again and making exclusives to spite every other console owner. If think that this makes up for the crap they constantly pull they've got another thing coming....
wtf are you even talking about, if you wanna get pissed at anybody, get pissed at MS those Jerkoffs constantly throw money at developers to make games exclusive to Their system or DLC exclusive to them, which is such a massive dick move on their part

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
RollForInitiative said:
Two of five doesn't seem like much of a "collection," does it? Still, at least they got the two best ones.
Still the couldv added silent hill 1 and 4 "the room"... i find 1 begginer of everything, the 2nd one with great story, the 3rd.... meh... it... it was there.. did had some creepy scenes, and 4th, not has good has the 2nd, but way better than the 3rd....

hope it didnt get confusing xD

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
Here's a Silent Hill collection, no, were not including all of the games(shit as some may be) and oh yeah, we aren't including the one that started it all. Why wouldn't you include the first game in a series in a COLLECTION?!?!?!

PS, I bet some of the 360 owners complaining about this are also the ones that were saying PC gamers complaining about Skyrim being a console port was entitlement and blah blah blah mouth diarreah, so zip it.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
SKREEEEEEEEEEEECHHHH!!!! Brake check.

Hold the phone. New voice acting? Okay, the voice acting in the original games wasn't a master piece, but it wasn't that bad. I hope they're getting the same actors, otherwise this could damage the game very much for me. Might even ruin it. Those characters are those voices in my opinion.

THEoriginalBRIEN

Aug 23, 2010
Loved what I played from three. Picked up 4 a while ago and the second half of it is fucking horrible. Looking forward to this.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
That news almost gave me a heart attack! Why is it that for me the PS3 HD Remakes are the best news I've heared about E3 so far?

Metal Gear Solid, Ico/Shadow, Sly Cooper, Silent Hill, Zone of the Enders... if I ever hear about a 'Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver' or 'Onimusha' HD Collection I'll probably die of aneurysm a second later.

I think this is a good way for companies to find out how much interest there is in their classic franchises.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
Hell freaking YES. I own both these games for PS2. Will this stop me from getting this collection? Hell no. I also own every game in the Metal Gear Solid franchise. I look forward to buying that collection as well. All of those are games I'd play again anyways - the fact that they're going to look slightly better and feature my beloved trophies just makes it all the sweeter.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
RollForInitiative said:
Two of five doesn't seem like much of a "collection," does it? Still, at least they got the two best ones.
Agreed.

I won't be buying it now.

SH1-4 (hell, toss in 0rgins for giggles) and you've got my attention.

But only SH2/3?
Screw that, I've got a PS2.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
When they say new voice acting I hope they just mean new lines, I want the same guy who did James!! And all the other characters in Silent Hill 2! ESPECIALLY PYRAMID HEAD!