Silent Hill Collection Will Be PS3 Exclusive

Mr. Eff_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2009
EmperorSubcutaneous said:
I just can't picture anyone playing James. And while Mary/Maria was pretty much just decent, the letter at the end of Silent Hill 2 was perfect...I'm afraid anything different will just not have the same emotional impact on me.

Eddie, Angela, and especially Laura could easily be replaced, though. I wouldn't mind.
I pretty much agree, though getting used to new voices would be difficult. Though there might actually be some improvement in the other characters, James and Mary/Maria were great. I really can't see anyone else doing the role.

Likewise for Heather, and maybe Claudia too.

Shirokurou

Mar 8, 2010
What? Why?
I am honestly kind of outraged by this, even though I'm a PS3 owner.
I mean both SH2 and SH3 came out on the PC, so they are not PS2 exclusives.
But MGS3 and both Zone of the Enders on the other hand were PS2 exclusives...
It just blows my mind...

weker

May 27, 2009
OutrageousEmu said:
weker said:
Kanaan Brood said:
I may just have to buy a PS3 this year. I'm seeing more reasons all the time.
I plan to buy the Wii U instead. I was planning on buying a ps3, but the weeeoooooh is such a multi tool of gimmicks, bits and bobs my choice has been changed.
Also Nintendo for me have hands down the best exclusives track list, Sony and Microsoft have great stuff its just their stuck in a rut with sequels now.
Yeah, because Nintendo never make sequels.
Sorry sequels that at least change something. Each zelda or mario are not only fairly unique games but each has something fairly interesting about it excluding galaxy 2.

Bran1470

Feb 24, 2010
good gaming on the 360 is dead anyway its only for socipaths who can stop shooting something for 5 seconds

pulse2

May 10, 2008
OutrageousEmu said:
weker said:
Kanaan Brood said:
I plan to buy the Wii U instead. I was planning on buying a ps3, but the weeeoooooh is such a multi tool of gimmicks, bits and bobs my choice has been changed.
Also Nintendo for me have hands down the best exclusives track list, Sony and Microsoft have great stuff its just their stuck in a rut with sequels now.
Of course not :/

They make....erm....re envisions :)

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
MGS? MGS!?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Now all I need is a DMC HD collection, and I'm set!

I may check out Zone of the Enders, though. Never did get round to playing any of those...

Edit: Now that I've checked it out, I'll be getting Zone of the Enders. It's right up my street.

weker

May 27, 2009
OutrageousEmu said:
weker said:
OutrageousEmu said:
weker said:
Kanaan Brood said:
Sorry sequels that at least change something. Each zelda or mario are not only fairly unique games but each has something fairly interesting about it excluding galaxy 2.
BS. Skyward Sword.

Okay, inFAMOUS 2 adds ice. As in, you get a completely new set of ice powers. Hows that for a change? Twisted metal adds transforming mechs, hugely multiplayer online, a TF2 level of co-operation and factional gameplay.
Adding Ice powers is nothing its just a few extra attacks, it wont make it a drastic difference.
I cant comment on Twisted metal.

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
Maybe I can find someone to hide into that wants to play through the Silent Hill games for me. Such a wimp! But I managed to struggle through 2, with the sound off...

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
"New Voice Acting" - That phrase alone has me quite worried. Personally, I liked the voice acting of both SH 2 & 3, Konami are kings of voice acting ever since the first Metal Gear, well, except for the first SH (Huh, radio, what's going on with that radio?), but still.

Aside from that, I think I'm having a heart attack, so much awesomeness coming to the PS3 and I still don't have one >.<'

Although I'm a bit concerned, because Silent Hill 2 was released for the original Xbox, but also SH3 was a PS2 exclusive (with a PC release), so...

Keep 'em HD Collections coming!, we only need Onimusha, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank and the PS3 will finally be more awesome than ever before!.

weker

May 27, 2009
pulse2 said:
OutrageousEmu said:
weker said:
Kanaan Brood said:
Of course not :/

They make....erm....re envisions :)
If you make a sequel the formula has to be changed a fair bit to make it worthwhile.
Mario sunshine being a great example but is on game cube so it is a bit irrelevant.

OT: hope they change their minds, it kinda feels like a waste to make reboots exclusive especially classics. If anything the devs should get the word of the great games out further.
I have admired silent hill 2, ico, shadow and zone of the enders from afar but i am still yet to have a good go at them. Now i am told i'm getting that cut in half and can only muster a plethora of profanities to express my concern.

OutrageousEmu said:
Not "a few extra attacks", an entire new set of attacks. As in, you have to cycle between them so they can all fit on the controller.
Sorry that seems no different. The only thing I can tell is you have to press one button extra because you don't have a keyboard with hot keys.

Oh also Skyward sword has a massive emphasis on motion controls with the way you slash and use your gadgets.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Sounds pretty lazy to me a collection should include all games not just 2, and if people wanted any game in the series to be remastered with new voice acting it would be the first one hands down.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
The MGS collection is missing MGS1. The silent hill collection is missing SH1. What the hell are these kind of collections!?

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
An HD remake of the First Silent Hill would make Konami more money than Mario makes for Nintendo, that's not a joke either, that's a fact.I think they're saving it as a surprise for when the release date/window gets closer, because 2 out of 5 is not much of a collection at all(Shattered memories doesn't count for 1.) be cause it sucks balls, and 2.)it is completely different from the silent hill series as a whole, The Room is a better game than it)

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
What's so strange about it being PS3 exclusive? The series has been primarily a Playstation affair, save a few crappy ports.

And new voice acting? Why? That sounds terrible... My Silent Hill fanboy senses are tingling...

weker

May 27, 2009
Treaos Serrare said:
An HD remake of the First Silent Hill would make Konami more money than Mario makes for Nintendo, that's not a joke either, that's a fact.I think they're saving it as a surprise for when the release date/window gets closer, because 2 out of 5 is not much of a collection at all(Shattered memories doesn't count for 1.) be cause it sucks balls, and 2.)it is completely different from the silent hill series as a whole, The Room is a better game than it)
"more money than Mario" Wow that is one hell of a bold claim, I think your joking. If you are not joking how did you get that idea.