Sir Hammerlock Lifts the Veil On Borderlands 2

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I didn't think this video would have done anything for me, because hype level is already at maximum. Now it's over 9000.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Pre-ordered it yesterday and have no regrets.

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
"For you are a badass, you see."

Oh, well, that clears it right up then, doesn't it? Thank you, Sir Hammerlock.

One question though: if Handsome Jack's claiming to have already found the Vault, and we know for a fact SOMEONE found it in the last visit...why are you still calling us "Vault hunters?"

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Gah! Torchlight 2 is coming out the day before this one. I do not have enough free hours! :(

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Shjade said:
"For you are a badass, you see."

Oh, well, that clears it right up then, doesn't it? Thank you, Sir Hammerlock.

One question though: if Handsome Jack's claiming to have already found the Vault, and we know for a fact SOMEONE found it in the last visit...why are you still calling us "Vault hunters?"
There are a couple of reasons.

1) The term 'Vault Hunter' has become pandoran slang for "idiot treasure hunters who go off into the wilds"

2)
The 'Destroyer' Vault doesn't appear to be the only one. In a gameplay video they talk of another Vault containing 'The Warrior'. Hansome Jack wants it, even though the vaults are known to contain eldritch abominations.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
ok, call me interested for once. i dint like the first game. uninteresting story and forgettable at the same time. plus, it was boring. dint like it at all.
but this, this actually looks much better. hope it is like it says in the trailer.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Shjade said:
Handsome Jack has found a second vault and apparently, it contains 'power'. As in, enough power that he could take over the universe. Problem is, he doesn't know how to open it - so he's trying to kill all the Vault Hunters so they don't figure it out first. Somehow, you survived one of his assassination attempts - then the game begins.

Source: Gamespot.

(edited in link)

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
Ed130 said:
kajinking said:
Hey check out 2:50 for a nice little Warhammer 40K joke.
Deft Emperor

You know... For Him.

I'm so glad I already pre-ordered.
I really hope there's a Vladof (faster firing rate gun) called a shoota with the text

"Whatz aiming?"

...I just realized if the Orkz ever had videogames Borderlands would probably be it with all the dakka and all the WARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
Wow, this game actully looks really good.
I know my sister is going to buy it on release so i'll just wait till she is done with it and then play it, looks like a lot more fun than the first one. I really like the new characters more.

OneOfTheMichael's

Jul 26, 2010
Everything I ever wanted in a trailer and game.
Cannot wait for this, I already pre purchased it and I'm thinking about going for the midnight release.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Ladies and gentlemen...

THIS IS HOW YOU DO A TRAILER!

Keep that CGI/live-action bullshit that tells us nothing away from us!

Jjtricky

Apr 9, 2009
Fortesque said:
Come on!! Come on!! Come on!!

Cant wait to use Anton!!! More TURRETS!!
You're going to have to keep waiting then - his name is aXton :p

OT: Unfortunately, this will probably be the last trailer as they seemed to summarise everything we knew and not add much more. Fortunately, it was done with Borderlands humor, so was very funny :D

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
If I wasn't in University, I would preorder this game. But unfortunately, it comes out the day I move in and I'm not taking my Xbox with me. Christmas it is!

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
Not much interested in the Borderlands series but I've got to say, they've got some GREAT promotional media.