Sith Lord Attacks Customers in Toys "R" Us

Towels

Feb 21, 2010
Being a former employee of Toys R Us working a Black Friday shift, this story warmed my heart until I read that last sentence.

...(Because I can image the how the police beat him his rights.)

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
And this just fuels my desire for real life lightsabers. Just one. For me. I don't care about you guys and your taser deflecting needs.

Hopefully this guy gets help. Whatever that entails.

Draken Steel said:
Well if hes using blue light-sabers then he has to be light-side. The toys R us is clearly a front for something.
Not True. I'm playing a Sith in SWTOR using a blue lightsaber. Yes, I'm a light side Sith, but all that means is that I'm a Sith who won't kill you, or be a dick for the sake of being a dick.

Case in point. A recent quest asked me to kill an imprisoned young man (he was the son of a deeply entrenched Imperial spy; we're talking decades) because he might reveal his father's identity. I was given an option to erase his memory completely using an experimental medicine which is what I did. He was left imprisoned and would likely be interrogated rather harshly to say the least without ever knowing why.

Other times, it means I kill them with respect rather than belittling them or give them a chance to surrender (you should see Sith interrogation methods, lots of Lightning). Aren't I nice?

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
Grey Carter said:
Two of (the arresting officers) foolishly tried to taze the crazed Sith Lord; one tazer failed to fire and Canterbury used one of his lightsabers to deflect the second.
I now feel that I have wasted my life.

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
Hmph... Everybody knows that real Sith use Red lightsabers.

Also, do the police really need to use a tazer on someone who is hitting them with a plastic toy? Wrestle him down FIRST, and use the tazer if that doesn't work.

Heathrow

Jul 2, 2009
Since everyone's so impressed that he deflected a taser dart with a lightsaber I might as well come in and rain on the parade by pointing out that the actual police report simply says he broke the wire.

Anyway, no crazy like Portland crazy [http://www.keepportlandweird.com/], represent.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
Grey Carter said:
Two of them foolishly tried to taze the crazed Sith Lord; one tazer failed to fire and Canterbury used one of his lightsabers to deflect the second. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age, indeed.
While I want to make jokes about that, others have surely already made ever single possible one.

Anyways:

Tasers? Really?

He was swinging around LIGHTSABERS. More likely than not, toy ones from the store. The most damage you could do with those is get your finger caught where the sections of the "blade" extend outward.

Even if it was a high quality model, it's still at most just like swing around a hard plastic stick.

I fail to see why tasers where needed.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Sougo said:
Hmph... Everybody knows that real Sith use Red lightsabers.

Also, do the police really need to use a tazer on someone who is hitting them with a plastic toy? Wrestle him down FIRST, and use the tazer if that doesn't work.
That's what I was thinking: those cops are either pussies or complete morons who thought he had real light sabers.
Either way, I imagine the cast of Big Bang Theory remaking (or are they just rebooting things now?) Falling Down:

Brawndo

Jun 29, 2010
The only thing that would have made this story better is if he had yelled out, "Foolish stormtroopers, your puny blasters cannot harm me!" as he deflected the taser with his $10 piece of blue plastic manufactured in China.

And for those of you wondering why tasers were necessary, they probably weren't, but tell that to American police officers who deploy tasers as a weapon of first resort on everyone from kindergarteners to the elderly.

RabbidKuriboh

Sep 19, 2010
"one tazer failed to fire and Canterbury used one of his lightsabers to deflect the second."

ok that's kinda awesome, also we desperately need a video of this

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
As expected. Did you know that the color blue is bad luck in Asian cultures? Well, red and green are for good luck.